[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

saur44l

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#48651 Post by saur44l » 16 Jul 2020 22:33

Idaho it's worth every penny,they have done such amazing job with it,the only downside is that after Idaho even New Mexico it's starting to show it's age,and at the time we thought that they were paying to much attention on every detail. :mrgreen:
mackintosh

#48652 Post by mackintosh » 16 Jul 2020 23:02

93 up to Salmon is gorgeous. I don't know whether it's the landscape, or if the ATS mapping teams are just, well, better, but both Idaho and Utah look so much better than RttBS. I might actually hang around Idaho for a little longer than I planned.
flight50

#48653 Post by flight50 » 16 Jul 2020 23:22

Well you guys have to also factor in that the Western US is very very scenic compared to a lot of other places. ATS mappers are just doing a great job of learning how to put it together. They have no choice, its their job. Either learn it or find another job. So the detail in the landscape will have to be there in the West and they are doing it up big. Team Idaho knocked it out the park with the visuals. I love me some ATS so I do have to brag on the ATS map team a little, lol. We have some very very passion map leads for ATS. Young and fresh ideas go for both team though I am sure.

Jakub came to ATS a few year back and rocked the house. He kinda reinvented ATS in my eyes when his ideas to elaborate on American truck stops. Because of him, the game feels like a real trucking game. Because of mappers like Patrik, we have great mapping talents for team ATS. Then we have Ondrej that headed up ATS and has managed well. He has put his team in the success bracket. He has seen his team grow and grow and produce some amazing stuff. So if you have 5-7 good mappers like ATS started out with, they will teach as they get better. Their energy and drive to be good bleeds onto new people. New people take on the challenges to meet the veterans expectations. The end result........an entire team of passionate developers. Now this is not a knock on ETS2 mappers at all, I don't feel a connection with them like I do with the ATS crew. I watch all the stream ATS streams and I get to know the devs that are creating content for the game I love. I am very active on the ATS side of the forum. Its just a different vibe in ATS that makes me highly involved. I am proud of what the ATS team has done in its 4.5 years of its life. I have been with ATS since June 2016 so I feel like its as much of my baby as some of the original ATS crew that started the project.
Marcello Julio

#48654 Post by Marcello Julio » 16 Jul 2020 23:52

I believe that ETS2 mappers it must be the same thing. We don't know much because there were so few streams that they appeared. But, one of the ETS2 mappers that we know has a great job is the Ilona. It would be interesting to meet the other people behind the creation of the ETS2 map expansions.
flight50

#48655 Post by flight50 » 16 Jul 2020 23:57

Yeah I have seen her in a couple of videos. She's cute. She is the only ETS2 mapper I can actually ID though.
Sora

#48656 Post by Sora » 17 Jul 2020 03:09

Okay I finished the event and I'm done with Idaho, Colorado when?

...that's a joke, of course. I mean, if you're willing to tell me, hey! But it's a joke.

Anyway, Idaho is pretty great. Was worried that the road network would be too funky, and I'm not gonna lie -- it totally is. But that's pretty much the only problem I have with the DLC; it's easily one of the most beautiful projects SCS has ever put out, and it contains not only some of the most incredible roads in ATS but also some of the most challenging (by ATS standards; ATS isn't that hard.) I feel like the ATS team just does a really good job of making roads that are consistently a delight to drive through (except for some of the base map ofc), both in terms of scenery and playability -- so even though the map is smaller than ETS2's, it feels more memorable and less repetitive to actually travel though. To me, at least. And they did a pretty good job continuing that trend with the hand they were dealt, i.e. one of the most awkwardly-shaped states in the country, lacking anything it could readily be combined with.

Would've liked a bit more, both in terms of roads and companies, but considering what I paid for it in the bundle it's still a steal. Hopefully they iron out the performance issues some people seem to be getting though.

Oh, and I love the new camera feature. Eagerly hoping for it to be expanded upon, both in terms of how much it offers (descriptions like the ones on the sign would be great) and in terms of how widespread it is (I can immediately think of a lot of super scenic places across the map that would love it.)
dkasper00

#48657 Post by dkasper00 » 17 Jul 2020 03:45

I love what I'm seeing so far. The camera feature is outstanding. Half way through the event.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
flight50

#48658 Post by flight50 » 17 Jul 2020 06:20

For the most part, everyone is enjoying Idaho. Thats good. I hope it can stay on top in Steam for a few more days at least. This will be one nice weekend though.
dkasper00

#48659 Post by dkasper00 » 17 Jul 2020 06:44

1.38 as a whole has been lightning in a bottle for me. Just went from Boise to Salmon, the route the game took me on was simply breath taking.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#48660 Post by Mohegan13 » 17 Jul 2020 08:30

So which skin did people get for the event? I got the Leopard one. Not paying over £3 for the bareback one. I'll just be a very naughty boy instead.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”