[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#45951 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Apr 2020 08:43

this reason is more or less invalid now that we have the zoom function in the game
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#45952 Post by Mohegan13 » 19 Apr 2020 09:31

The zoom function doesn't change the quality of the image file. This has all been covered by devs in the past. Nothing has changed since then.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
xyzan

#45953 Post by xyzan » 19 Apr 2020 09:41

But time until rest can be on dashboard - similar like in real trucks.
xXCARL1992Xx

#45954 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Apr 2020 09:44

the trip meter on my Scania 4 is smaller then the display on the tachograph and i can see the numbers clear as day
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#45955 Post by Mohegan13 » 19 Apr 2020 09:49

So? That isn;t going to change SCS reasons either. :lol:
[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#45956 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Apr 2020 09:56

no, but it shows that they cant take a challenge who others would have done it just to prove a point they could and can do it, sometimes they have to leave the save zone and just do it instead of searching for excuses why it cant be done who knows where the game already would have been by now if they didnt shy away from every little thing, they said cables were impossible also and we got them :roll:
[ external image ]
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#45957 Post by Mohegan13 » 19 Apr 2020 10:19

This is the same argument as map mods really.

Unlike random mods, SCS has to take into account numerous things including age of hardware. Why don't SCS make maps with high detailed areas like Promods? Because they don't want to tank people's potatoes like Promods will.

Why don't they use higher quality and larger images for things in the cab? Because they don't want to tank people's potatoes. Honestly I would like to see them increase hardware requirements a bit, but when one of their games couldn't even beat the 4 year old peak online players during the covid event (even though OB and main was working for WoTr) it really kind of shows they need to protect existing player base.

Ideally I want everything a real truck has in my truck too, from HD info displays to full tachographs. Heck I want full on realism mode which includes damaged cargo that is denied by the recipient making the whole run a write off. No income, no XP gain, and fines for the damaged cargo (ignoring insurance, I mean the economy is easy I might as well just pay out of pocket for that). We all want things that would make improvements, but SCS like to tie their hands with protecting older hardware for as long as humanly possible. I think everyone knows how I feel about legacy, I wish after Italy DLC they had officially announced end of support for it.
[ external image ]
xXCARL1992Xx

#45958 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Apr 2020 10:28

then they have to increase the hardware needed, just looking at Steams Hardware Survey and they will know roughly how much they would loose, heck the GTS 450 has only 0.15% on steam, they could increase it to at least a GTX 7XX and would be comfortable with it (0.44%) they cant drag the potatos behind forever, you have to cut looses, SCS had luck that steam already cut off XP and Vista for them, who knows how long until OGL will be abandoned and they have to cut Linux and maxOS until they implement Vulkan/Metal (if they dont do it before that already what would be a wise move to do)

sometimes it just isnt worth it to support low end users just so you get big player numbers because they drag down development and this will disgruntle the high end users that dont get something that can use their hardware and they leave
[ external image ]
SirVirgoTheMess

#45959 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 19 Apr 2020 10:32

What about my GTX 660?You want me to stop playing the game i've been enjoying for years?I know that a game sometimes needs to have their minimum requirements increased,for the mentionned reasons...but passing from a GTS 450 to a GTX 700 series?Is the increasing really need to be that high?
xXCARL1992Xx

#45960 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 19 Apr 2020 10:40

is there really a need to support hardware that is already 8 years old ?

we live in a world where every 2 years the hardware power is doubled after that one law and SCS is still stuck with hardware that is 10 years old, nobel of them to do it, i dont question that, but why drag old hardware around that just hinders your development ?

other dev would just cut of the game and start a new one, every. damn. year (yes looking at you EA, Ubisoft and Activision), SCS has to start to think where they want the game to go and not how many players can play it with their Raspberry pi they build together because how it is now i dont see a bright future if they restrict them self, they have to increase it eventually and better now then later
[ external image ]

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”