[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#50351 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 17 Sep 2020 11:24

Texture and 3D artist dont have a brake, if their job is done for the DLC they start with the work for the next one
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Some newbie driver

#50352 Post by Some newbie driver » 17 Sep 2020 11:41

Of course, I don't expect them all but a few would be another step into better AI traffic variety.

On the last 2 or 3 updates period we have seen the addition of the empty car carrier, the inclusion of the 2-axled boxed trailers and the company skins applied to the boxed trailers with rearmost turning axle (I think those only Spawn in Scandinavia DLC zones). Apart of the addition of the trailers that had been redone for owned system. So it's clear to me SCS has somebody tasked (among other things, for sure) to improve the traffic variety using what they already have but was not in use.

Regards
plykkegaard

#50353 Post by plykkegaard » 17 Sep 2020 11:47

Sorry, but has it taken a professional artist half a year / 960 working hours to create this pack?

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Esproquet

#50354 Post by Esproquet » 17 Sep 2020 12:12

Are we opinating now about the way SCS run their company? What a level of zeal!
pigbrother

#50355 Post by pigbrother » 17 Sep 2020 12:15

But of course, is the Internet, everyone is the best CEO in the world and knows better.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
SiSL
SCS Software

#50356 Post by SiSL » 17 Sep 2020 12:19

plykkegaard wrote: 17 Sep 2020 11:47 Sorry, but has it taken a professional artist half a year / 960 working hours to create this pack?
Interesting. So you think artists dont start any work before something is released and only work on single thing until it is released.

Answer is no. However, you can count number of paintjobs on this pack when you receive, or can count number of sii files in def\vehicle\truck folder.
Last edited by SiSL on 17 Sep 2020 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
TheTiger

#50357 Post by TheTiger » 17 Sep 2020 12:21

:lol: everyone is an expert CEO now...

Also, I understand why is this ppl so mad. You can't just throw a PJ pack and say "EXCLUSIVE NEW CONTENT". Let's be serious, a PJ is a PJ and anyone can create a custom one. Personally, I prefer simple style (default color/ one color) and almost never use a PJ.
Audi123000

#50358 Post by Audi123000 » 17 Sep 2020 12:23

I quite like the new paintjob pack
howey

#50359 Post by howey » 17 Sep 2020 12:54

@Some newbie driver their is another pic in one of the Iberia blogs that shows a 3 axle variant of the new lowboy design in plain sight at a truck stop, it is red.

As far as it being as Ai variant I don't think so since the 3 axle lowboy in ATS is just a placeholder in rest bays and truck stops atm. They experimented with a jeep and lowboy combo during a eb in 1.36 but got taken out shortly afterwards which sucked. But with Ai STAA and RMD hoppers in ATS who knows but imo they should really take a look at fine tuning the turning aspects of these style of trailers before they add anymore to the Ai, I know the lowboys in ETS 2 have steer axles on them mainly but for example on the standard Ai rear steer standard trailers they still protrude though guard rails and walls in a few spots across the map.

Regarding the comment about the asset team, I seriously think they should consider about relocating all visible cargo models from now on to the asset team as for starters all cargo is defined more as a asset then anything else. Plus it would alleviate the workload of the vehicle team since that team handles content for both games don't they?
Some newbie driver

#50360 Post by Some newbie driver » 17 Sep 2020 13:21

plykkegaard wrote: 17 Sep 2020 11:21Come on, don't tell me SCS has a dedicated person 7 hours a day, 5 days a week only to do these tasks?
Each new trailer, all the skins of any existent company (they apply even those that make no sense, unfortunately). Each new company, its skin to all trailers. Each new truck, all the previous existent skins that aren't model-bound (near 150 at this moment? maybe more). Each new skin, adapt it to every existent truck. The policy to keep up to date skins in vehicles is nice, but at long term is an factorial growing task. It grows small at the begin but soon or later become a huge amount of work.

And in the free time, all the skins for the new AI vehicles (general traffic or specific ones, like trams or firetrucks, ambulances, police cars) that are going to be included in the next DLC. Last ATS DLC are including skins specific for some cities. Iberia will require (if done in their usual detail) no less than 5 different police forces. And whatever any other long term project they have in their hands.

Regards

EDIT: @howey I know that other lowboy you say, I think I mentioned it too but that alone due quality and distance of the image can't be said if it's new or not. We know a new lowbed is coming on ETS2 because the one with 4 axles.And about the difficulties of the AI maneuvering them, no one at all. Cement bulk trailer is as long or more than the lowboy and also with all the axles at the end and it's in AI traffic. The same predefined maneuvers for trucks with one trailer should be enough for the other. That doesn't mean they aren't weird or with collisions sometimes.
Last edited by Some newbie driver on 17 Sep 2020 13:56, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”