[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

Ilmiont

Re: Long-time, no-see on the SCS blog...

#11 Post by Ilmiont » 17 Feb 2014 20:16

No, @thebigbadonion, I was just stating that in general anyone who expects a game dev to hurry up and release a ninth FREE major update for what is still essentially a niche game obviously don't understand how devoted to their industry the developers are. No hard feelings to you :) or anyone else except for the greedy morons who write comments on the blog after each new announcement to the effect of "You don't love your fans, give us a crappy patch full of bugs now." Whats worse is that half of these people probably aren't even playing legit game.
Ilmiont on World of Trucks

EU: 2012 Volvo FH16
US: 2016 Kenworth W900 / 2015 Volvo VNL
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#12 Post by Mohegan13 » 17 Feb 2014 21:49

I miss the little updates. I am very eager to hear about the developments of the DAF.

But I just assume no news means they're too busy to update. It's all good really.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Mac

#13 Post by Mac » 18 Feb 2014 03:34

thebigbadonion wrote:I don't really see why everyone has a problem with whats happening, I was reading comments on the blog before. I wonder sometimes if the fans deserve what SCS is doing. SCS are a very rare thing in the game industry, they've released a game, not even a full price game, and are still supporting it fully in its second year. All the new things they've been giving us free, could easily have just gone in to ATS, and the eventual ETS 3, which would have been the absolute norm for any company. But instead SCS decide to make the game better for us, and put the new developments in to the game, and have worked hard to bring us a better experience, for what exactly? They don't get paid for it, so the only conclusion I reach, is to see their fans happy, which in turn is going to increase their reputation. They don't post on a blog fora few weeks, suddenly they're the most evil entity to ever make a video game. This has to affect the moral, and the future decisions they're going to take with future releases. Because this strategy doesn't seem to be working for them.

I just really hope the people complaining, are just a noisy minority. Because if not you don't deserve what you've been given. This will only get worse when they do eventually drop support for ETS2, it will come, it has to come, and it's going to be rather messy, because there is so many over entitled.... I'll leave it there :)

Sure it would be nice to hear a bit more news, but if they have nothing to share, what's the point in them posting non information? It will probably make some of you worse. If the post goes somethign like this

"we're still testing 1.9, things are looking up, getting closer to release, in the meantime, heres some more pictures of ATS" Does anyone care about such a post? I know what ATS is going to look like, it looks great, the next time I hear about ATS though, I'd rather they have something substantial like some real information, better still a gameplay video. If they're not up to that stage, then what's the point?

EDIT: Also I'm not having a go at Ilmiont just raging/venting, because it gets on my nerves, every time I see such posts. :D
It certainly wouldn't hurt, at least people wouldn't feel left out in the dark. It would probably stop a lot of the posts on the subject. And yeah I'd like to see a few pics of ATS. Just to see how it's coming along. All I've seen is a couple of pics of of a Peterbuilt cab and a few pics around the Bay area, and that was a long time ago. As I say, I'd like to see how it's coming along because I'm not a beta tester so personally I don't know what ATS is going to look like. ;)
danbywinby

#14 Post by danbywinby » 18 Feb 2014 08:27

Just a little note to the people who are complaining about no post on the blog in just under 3 weeks.

They have posting on their Twitter some very interesting pics.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#15 Post by Mohegan13 » 18 Feb 2014 08:32

thebigbadonion wrote: "we're still testing 1.9, things are looking up, getting closer to release, in the meantime, heres some more pictures of ATS" Does anyone care about such a post?
I like information, I always have. But I am naturally quizzical about things that interest me. So for me yes, a random sentence amongst pictures of something unrelated would be awesome.

Right now, the only real reason I am starting to get impatient for the patch is entirely Mandelsoft's fault. He posted some awesome pics on Promods page of some updated UK roads that I really want to test out, so I'm impatient by proxy. :lol:
[ external image ]
Flemming V
Global moderator

#16 Post by Flemming V » 18 Feb 2014 09:23

Moh1336 wrote:some updated UK roads that I really want to test out
What does that have to do with Patch 1.9?
gerbiepiep

#17 Post by gerbiepiep » 18 Feb 2014 09:47

danbywinby wrote:Just a little note to the people who are complaining about no post on the blog in just under 3 weeks.

They have posting on their Twitter some very interesting pics.
See that is were things always go wrong, ive seen it many many times already.
Different posts on facebook/twitter/blogs/youtube, it doesnt make it easyer for the 'fans' to find new things.

If they were to compile everything in 1 section on either the blog or a main SCS website, instead of spreading it out on numerous websites, everyone would know about everything.
And than it is just 1 click to see and follow everything.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#18 Post by Mohegan13 » 18 Feb 2014 10:24

Flemming V wrote:
Moh1336 wrote:some updated UK roads that I really want to test out
What does that have to do with Patch 1.9?
The next Promods update isn't coming until 1.9 is released. :P
[ external image ]
Flemming V
Global moderator

#19 Post by Flemming V » 18 Feb 2014 10:37

Ahh okay.. ;)
Deemer

#20 Post by Deemer » 18 Feb 2014 10:54

Last edited by Deemer on 29 Sep 2019 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
New trucks for ETS2 and ATS
Download
Download

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”