SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
gandalf7472000

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#48141 Post by gandalf7472000 » 21 May 2020 15:51

@jackbus g_cam_window_block
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

jackbus

#48142 Post by jackbus » 21 May 2020 16:06

thanks mate.

Some newbie driver

#48143 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 May 2020 17:57

Bandit & The Snowman wrote:
21 May 2020 15:36
They are making the logging industry really poplar. (SCNR)
Seriously, I like what I'm seeing.
Well, it's very important in the states, it's the source of a wide variety of cargoes and allows them to include a kind of roads that would had not so many reason to be in the game otherwise. I understand that it's a win-win for them to keep giving importance to that industry in ATS.

flight50

#48144 Post by flight50 » 21 May 2020 18:09

Bandit & The Snowman wrote:
21 May 2020 15:36
They are making the logging industry really poplar. (SCNR)
Seriously, I like what I'm seeing.
Actually, we are making it popular. They build off demand. The more we talk about an industry, the more emphasis they will put on it. That is how we get industry dlc packs as well. Why make an industry deeper, when people don't really talk about it. I do nothing but talk about what logging can be in the Idaho thread. That and squaring it off by bringing Missoula in with the Idaho dlc. The devs listen more than we may think. I have made several pitches what I'd like to see in Idaho. The story isn't revealed yet on how close they get to thoughts in the Idaho thread. But in a nutshell, we are all aware of the lack of roads in Northern Idaho. To help sell it, Missoula helps but even more legit for the Idaho dlc, is make a huge forested region in Northern Idaho.

Idaho should have the largest logging area of any state in ATS imo. We can probably make he same push for the state of Main though. It has a lot of land without roads. Idaho is the 11th largest state by area. The North has nothing but forest and not a lot of roads. As we push East, cities get denser but the space to put large forest is much more limited. Imo, Idaho is the perfect state to make logging a huge focus. There is just too much space. The reference I made in the Idaho thread is that the forest in Idaho is about the size of New Jersey. We can technically have a New Jersey worth of logging roads. If you take even 50% of that mindset, that is still a ton of logging that can come to Idaho, just spread it all out. If today's blog is saying what I think it is, my pitch in the Idaho thread just might come true. Only time will tell but I am super pumped with this blog. I am a heavy haul guy. Its the logging equipment I want to haul in these challenging conditions, not so much the wood product itself. I want the challenging logging roads to haul hh thru switchbacks, elevations, beautiful forested environments. If we ever get a revamped weather system, hopefully that brings dirt/mud. Adding a bit of a challenge to logging roads incorporating weather, not only elevates the game to a different level for graphic, but makes a break thru in road conditions factoring in with tire grip and then truck washes.

gandalf7472000

#48145 Post by gandalf7472000 » 21 May 2020 18:36

With the expansion of forest industry, I would like the option to use tyres with threading more suitable for forest roads. The three options we have now are more suitable for highway use.

I know it doesn't matter, off road physics are not well simulated. I like the appearance of a truck to look the part.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

rookie_one

#48146 Post by rookie_one » 21 May 2020 19:23

Then time to talk the hell out of hydropower and aluminium in Quebec

Trucker_71

#48147 Post by Trucker_71 » 21 May 2020 19:36

There's more to life than just logging. I rarely do anything in ATS that has to do with logging.
I never wanted to drive a logging truck in real life and never did even though the BC logging industry is huge. ;)
George "Alky®" Fisher
Trucker_71 Workshop

plinio.lisboa.br

#48148 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 21 May 2020 19:59

@flight50

Is you are absolutely right about the great need for several forest roads a large dense route in the north of the state of idaho owning the broadcaster city in Montana would put one more attraction for the DLC product. There are also many attractive things in this Forestry area that could simply be there are old historic places, places of beautiful scenery and interesting points like some very old trees in ancient that are ecotourism attractions.  I remember a few months ago a critic a game analyst saying that he was satisfied with the DLC map of Washington State, with some scenic places that he was, but that the current system does not allow to get out of the truck to explore a small trail and lead to a waterfall, as it would be in real life. So imagine if the player he just wants to drive his truck to one of those places, just stay there admiring the landscape, watching the weather change, and listening to that noise of the waterfall water, for example, in this place.

It would be fantastic, it would be "small attractions" inserted on the map and that in places where you could explore on foot some trails and take advantage of this more evolved sound feature that SCS has just developed. Now it is time to develop perspectives of displacement for the truck driver.
Places as well; gas stations, mechanics, restaurants, hotels, it would be very interesting to develop the displacement of the truck driver character in the game in some viewpoints and trails in some national parks, which are a short walk from the rest area.

It would be a really cool attraction to see these hidden landscapes, see this feature on the map, explore that kind of thing that would not be marked on the map, until you find out. I'm sure it would be something very very attractive for many types of players (especially those who just want to drive and relax with the sights, sounds. The people who like to play listening to music and relaxing with the sights, and everything, would be something very pleasant for them, as they like nature).

The Idaho state map ideal for testing this type of resource, there are some very interesting places and trails in this area of the state's forests, and its national parks as well. It would be something incredible, a very powerful attraction for a map, such a resource.

There are some very interesting places that could be visited as one of the tallest trees in the United States that is there in the middle of one of these forests which is National Park there is also another in places like a park that has very beautiful white sand dunes extremely interesting sunset would be things so attractive and that would allow a short walk for the truck driver character of the game.

flight50

#48149 Post by flight50 » 21 May 2020 21:12

@Trucker_71. When Oregon was in development, that is when I started looking into logging. Then Washington came. We got Bellingham and @simon.endt did an awesome job based on the references he had available to him. I look for all logging roads in the mountains to measure up to Bellingham. With that said, I started looking into BC logging and that did it for me along with the forestry dlc pack. Those b-double loggers are sweet looking. I don't think b-double loggers are here in the US but I realllly hope that since SCS is pretty cool with ProMods, I hope SCS makes a b-double logger and just lock it so that ProMods can use it in ProMods Canada. Eventually SCS will have to make b-double loggers for Canada anyways if they still plan to get there. The logging trailer we have now was locked until Oregon. Another logging type trailer would be great. If somehow they could make the pole version, we are set for the PNW.

On the subject of expanding the logging industry, two trailers I wish ATS had that are sweet are like the two mods below. The Artic Logger and the SmitCo side dump in both single and double trailer formats. For the Artic Logger, even the trailer itself can be a cargo just like the HH can. Just stack them. Once TO become available for lowboys, perhaps we can stack and unstack with F4 maybe. Transporting hh cargo should be fun in Idaho if its going to have more challenges.

Artic Logger Single

Artic Logger b-double

Artic Logger Stacked

SmithCo Side Dump Single

SmithCo RMD

HH stacked

Virgo91

#48150 Post by Virgo91 » 22 May 2020 09:49

I haven't been in the logging transport that much.But those trailers shown by @flight50 looks nice.
Hello,i'm Virgo91.The most bizarre and boring person from Canada.I tend to be stupid and rude sometimes...and that's called being not perfect.Sorry about that :)

Return to “SCS Site”