SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
IvanKuz

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#48151 Post by IvanKuz » 22 May 2020 11:03

Bandit & The Snowman wrote:
21 May 2020 15:36
They are making the logging industry really poplar. (SCNR)
The expansions to the logging industry look amazing indeed. I'm always rooting for more logging sites and such. I'm also pining for more new industries as it's always nice to see the game economy branch out. But no matter what this DLC brings, I'm very axecited to get it. It really looks like it's going to be a real treet. I hope it will be out soon, but even if it takes until Septimber, it remains lumber one on my Steam wishlist.

I'll show myself out.

howey

#48152 Post by howey » 22 May 2020 11:07

I can understand where @Trucker_71 is coming from, because it is so limited freight wise it could get boring pretty quickly.

But this "We will also be revisiting your favorite timber harvest sites, introducing a few new assets and 3 new timber harvesting locations as part of our newest Idaho DLC! These industries have been given a lot of love by our ATS community, and in turn we hope this will bring a fresh look to these popular industries."

And this "Idaho will also see the introduction of a new prefab that will bring a new overall feel to the timber harvesting industry." has got me very interested in what they have got planned for us with Idaho, I remember reading you @flight50 saying about the forest DLC being updated or something along those lines in the steam DB, maybe it has something to do it with it. Let's hope so.

But if it is implying at all about the possibility of them adding new cargo within the forestry industry then I bow down to SCS Alas, it's about time they listened about the lack of cargo in some industries and trailer types. Also @flight50 thumbs up if they did add those trailer samples eventually imo.

flight50

#48153 Post by flight50 » 22 May 2020 14:36

@howey. I am so focused on new industries, new companies and cargo right now that its crazy, lol. ATS needs a boost in those numbers. 39 companies in ATS compared to 149 in ETS2 is a huge difference as with each new ATS dlc, we aren't getting enough new companies to spread out variety. I really hope this graphic overhaul starts to replace a lot of the repeating prefabs as new companies and industries emerge. So far the only new industry that I see Idaho getting is the Technology industry with Micron Technology in Boise. Farming and Logging just gets deeper. Could both see new companies emerge? Of course, but will they come. The names Glasson, Lumber Jill and Zereva CliniCal is said to be in the game files.

I doubt we get those trailers anytime soon though. Just my wishes. They are sweet and the mods for them have worked great to date. The mods are perhaps the only way these trailers make the game for currently.

Virgo91

#48154 Post by Virgo91 » 22 May 2020 14:39

I have ordered myself a set of speakers(only 2.0).Can't wait to get them and try them out.I will still use my headphones sometimes,tho.
Why am i posting this?
Hello,i'm Virgo91.The most bizarre and boring person from Canada.I tend to be stupid and rude sometimes...and that's called being not perfect.Sorry about that :)

gandalf7472000

#48155 Post by gandalf7472000 » 22 May 2020 14:42

Maybe the guy in your head post it :lol:
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan

Trucker_71

#48156 Post by Trucker_71 » 22 May 2020 14:44

flight50 wrote:
22 May 2020 14:36
Farming and Logging just gets deeper.
I'd rather haul potato's than logs. :D
George "Alky®" Fisher
Trucker_71 Workshop

flight50

#48157 Post by flight50 » 22 May 2020 14:58

Whattt, lol. I assume you see logging too much in BC and burned out. I think for people that don't get to see that type of stuff regularly is more drawn to it. I'm in the city and nowhere close to logging. I have to drive 2hrs East from Dallas to see logging trucks. I love the British Columbia logging setups though. I really hope SCS can account for that style of trailer and just lock them out til they can get to Canada. I'd really love to see ProMods Canada be able to use them for human and AI traffic. Considering ProMods will help boost ATS sales a tad in both new copies sold and dlc sold. I like to refer to ProMods as SCS's silent partner. Many play SCS games just because ProMods exist. That small bit of and investment to adding b-double loggers isn't too much I hope. I understand someone has to model the trailers but its not like it under any licensing and to the complexity of a truck. To date, ATS has zero licensed trailers. NA trailers are so similar in design that anything SCS models can be generic and not conflict with anything to worry about a company coming after them.

xyzan

#48158 Post by xyzan » 22 May 2020 15:48

@flight50 I'm living in a City like you, and I won't touch any logging trailer;) I'm fully to box trailers.

eonellivlem

#48159 Post by eonellivlem » 22 May 2020 16:11

I don't see the appeal with the logging. I don't like having to drive miles along a bumpy track to pickup your load, to then have to drive all the way back just to get on the main road. Call me boring but I'm with xyzan on this, box trailers all the way.

pigbrother

#48160 Post by pigbrother » 22 May 2020 16:42

Dryvan team, unite!

Return to “SCS Site”