SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
plykkegaard

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#50341 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Sep 2020 21:28

Retry with a 570M, it should fit min specs
Sorry, out of office

Some newbie driver

#50342 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 Sep 2020 23:06

FAres wrote:
15 Sep 2020 21:22
So I don't think SCS should use the potato pc argument anymore tbh.
I agree that the "potato PC argument" should had limits (in fact, they put clear limits on that when they dumped DX9, for example).

But if you think a Core i5-5xxx with a GFx900 series card (even a mobile one) is a "potato PC"... well, then you had not seen what some people still today uses in some places. Last week a fellow worker in my company had to deal with a client that want Autocad to be installed on a 4 years old CELERON laptop. That crap was crawling so hard that it even lagged when writing the login password. If that client, wherever he was scammed to purchase that laptop, had purchased a paperweight instead; he would had saved money while purchasing something way more useful. :roll:

Seriously, there still are a lot of real creepy junk computers out there in people's homes. In lots of places past economic crisis hit hard and lots of families in lots of countries either had to keep the old scrap working or purchased new "great deals" in big-chain stores that ended being very bad deals. SCS should not anchor its game development to that low extreme, but the computer you considered a "potato" it's the wet dream of millions of families everywhere on wealthy countries (I'm not even considering not so fortunate countries out the so-called "first world")

Despite all that buzz in the media, in the social media and all the streaming ecosystem and everything else... that people represents the 0.001% of the global domestic computer fleet (and I'm being generous). They are the pure exception, the privileged ones, the very minimal fraction of the whole. That's one of the reasons they are so much followed on social media; lots of their followers DREAM on having those rigs (or at least some rig to be able to play those games).

Regards

Graf_Boinenn

#50343 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 15 Sep 2020 23:29

I am the admin of the -I think- biggest ETS2 community spanish-talking in FB. Most users are from South America. You can't imagine the specs that they share asking if the game will be working... specially for the MP. And I work on IT, so I know that is outdated hardware, and the worst part is that is EXPENSIVE.

Esproquet

#50344 Post by Esproquet » 16 Sep 2020 06:02

Yep, old components do not devaluate as quick as they should.

Regarding those online communities, you don't need to get to Latin America to see old gears, look in your own country and you'll find some culturally diverse districts with a worrying lack of computers. Where I work, 1 out of 20 students do not have a computer at home, this is a very specific and peculiar place, where most families have a young relative dead or in prison.

They have cell phones, of course, but you can't substitute a nice hard keyboard for a tiny screen and carry on with your homework and pretend to be the same. Thankfully due to the actual health crisis, the regional government injected some money on places like this to get some tablets.

Virgo91

#50345 Post by Virgo91 » 16 Sep 2020 06:46

The only thing i would consider potato in my PC,is the graphics card.A GTX 660,and that's from 2012 iirc.

Fab

#50346 Post by Fab » 16 Sep 2020 08:33

howey wrote:
15 Sep 2020 00:38
I don't mind the look of the Iveco's, I really like the look of the S-Way it's just a shame they don't have them in a 6x chassis yet.
I'm a bit late to the Iveco party, but I wanted to say that they started making tractor units with the 6x2 chassis (both midlift and taglift) and I think 6x4 as well. One of the first 6x2 machines was shipped to Finland about a month ago.

Virgo91

#50347 Post by Virgo91 » 16 Sep 2020 09:00

Whatever the configuration possibilites,whenever this truck arrives in ETS 2...i just don't want to drive this bad looking truck.
Why does future or new vehicles has to look that bad?Have companies used all the good designs that they don't know what to do now :lol:
Sorry,but if future looks like that,i'd rather be dead right now than see this.

Mohegan13
Global moderator

#50348 Post by Mohegan13 » 16 Sep 2020 09:54

I still pray we get the XP. Then they can retrofit the Hiway to a better modelled truck.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

pigbrother

#50349 Post by pigbrother » 16 Sep 2020 10:04

Virgo91 wrote:
16 Sep 2020 09:00
Whatever the configuration possibilites,whenever this truck arrives in ETS 2...i just don't want to drive this bad looking truck.
I find it as boring as Scania NG, yet here we are and Scania NG is very popular. Not sure if for the looks or simply because is Scania. I’m sure S-Way will find its lovers. :)

FAres

#50350 Post by FAres » 16 Sep 2020 10:05

The new content everyone is excited for is definitely a paintjobs pack and that's what today's stream is about!

#disappointed

Return to “SCS Site”