SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
flight50

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#52061 Post by flight50 » 16 Oct 2020 16:13

Oregon was the worse released dlc I've experienced to date. Thankfully that was now 2 years ago. NM came first and even it was much better as ATS's first paid dlc. I really think Oregon was bad because of all the new people at the time. That is when SCS was transitioning to working 2 maps simultaneously for ATS. If Iberia is in the state of Oregon's day one release, they will catch h-e...double hockey sticks. It will always be better to release an ironed out dlc so pushing it regards of fans attitude is always the correct call. At the same time, we don't know where they are and they won't release that info until late November or early December at the last minute. Once the first week of Dec gets here and no word for the 2nd or even 3rd week of December, then it gets pushed. If the TBA doesn't get updated on Steam, then it will be clear.

The absolute last week they can release Iberia is Mon or Tues the 3rd week of December imo. Give them W-F to fix major bugss as that is the last week SCS is in office and that is also the Xmas stream. They might even have to get 2-3 to monitor Iberia the following week from home. This is worse case though. At best, week 1 or 2 of December. The xmas event is also in play for both games so its a tight schedule regardless. Once ATS's Fall/Winter map is pushed out the door, all focus goes to ETS2 as always. It takes the whole company to jump in and test and bug search but each year, for past 3 years, the devs have made it happen. I don't see them not trying to make this happen. I won't be easy but its not impossible. They added more help since covid surprising so that is a good sign for manpower. Lets ignore that. Everyone can test but not everyone is great at it.

But I am sure he devs want to end the year on a good note and to start the next without stress. The saying is, it ain't over til the fat lady sings so in my book, its not off the menu until SCS says it is.

dk00?

#52062 Post by dk00? » 16 Oct 2020 16:47

It releases when it's ready to be released. ALSO the people demanding they want such and such now are also the first ones to complain about the price of said dlc and the first to tear a product apart at initial launch because it didn't measure up the hype that they themselves built it up to be.
Tales of An Owner/Operator 10-09-2020- That's One Way To Break In A New Truck.
DK's Screenshots(5-26-2019)

flight50

#52063 Post by flight50 » 16 Oct 2020 18:06

I dislike seeing when people throw in, it didn't live up to the hype and blame it one the devs. Sure they could have added this or that but considering the scale, lots of other things were omitted as well. We can't have our cake and eat it to. But define hype. If its self expectations, then that is on that person as they made the dlc out to be more than what it is.

There is always something to pic apart though. I picked Idaho apart for not including a single new company. To many that is minor but to me, I don't see them doing that to any ETS2 dlc so why ATS this go around. Each dlc ATS has gotten fewer and few new companies until Idaho went to zero. That, I will never understand. In 1.39eb, they did create Namiq and replaced NM's Coastline Mining to Namiq. So maybe Idaho can eventually get rebranded companies to make new ones. That is acceptable and honestly the least that should have happened. It would be nice if more of this happened. Over in the Texas thread I just posted something in regards to this. But in a nutshell, creating modular depots can drastically reduce the repetitiveness of duplicated depots. Small changes on a modular prefab gives new scenery to non prototypical sites. Copy the depot, rename it, change a few modular components and your done. New depot that is unique.

dk00?

#52064 Post by dk00? » 16 Oct 2020 18:40

It bothers me as well, I'm happy with what ever we get.
Tales of An Owner/Operator 10-09-2020- That's One Way To Break In A New Truck.
DK's Screenshots(5-26-2019)

gaillard

#52065 Post by gaillard » 16 Oct 2020 18:41

flight50 wrote:
16 Oct 2020 18:06
I dislike seeing when people throw in,
Your grammar corrector bugged with "throw up"...

plykkegaard

#52066 Post by plykkegaard » 16 Oct 2020 18:45

You could argue in favor of "throw in" as in setting the rant in play on the arena
Sorry, out of office

flight50

#52067 Post by flight50 » 16 Oct 2020 18:48

That's the tricky part about English. There can be many ways to say the same thing but in some languages, there is only one way to say it perhaps. In some cases, there is no translation.

Sora

#52068 Post by Sora » 16 Oct 2020 22:16

dk00? wrote:
16 Oct 2020 16:47
It releases when it's ready to be released. ALSO the people demanding they want such and such now are also the first ones to complain about the price of said dlc and the first to tear a product apart at initial launch because it didn't measure up the hype that they themselves built it up to be.
Not necessarily. I'm very critical of releases that feel half-baked or unfinished, but I'll almost never demand a release be rushed. Of course, I don't run a business and understand that SCS doesn't always have the option to wait for everything to be perfect.

The only time I'd ever say I was truly impatient was New Mexico, and that was a very different and very difficult time for ATS.

Virgo91

#52069 Post by Virgo91 » 16 Oct 2020 22:29

I'm also a very critical person(you guys and girls know that).When i dislike something or there's something i don't agree with,you all know that i'm not scared to speak.
Probably why i'm one of the most hated person in here.

angrybirdseller

#52070 Post by angrybirdseller » 16 Oct 2020 23:03

Anything released is always going to be small bugs, but the internal testing just catches items that would break the game itself. The more details you add the more eyes you need watching for problems. Even without covid Iberia was going to be hardest DLC to produce to date and ETS2 your dealing with countries with differences in signage and road markings minor things do not have to worry about as much in ATS. Its 90% chance Colorado gets released this year and Iberia is 1st quarter release. Without Covid Iberia was 50-50 to release in 2020 as its road network far more complex than the previous DLC and need new assets and research to create biomes only seen in ATS so far.

Return to “SCS Site”