[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
Virgo91

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#52131 Post by Virgo91 » 19 Oct 2020 01:06

Without defending anyone,he/she has the right to care about rigids/tandems.When you want something badly in a game or in real life,don't tell me you don't care about it ;)

parasaurolophus67

#52132 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 19 Oct 2020 01:09

Its not that I don't care about it. Its just theres other stuff that can be added besides wanted ONE thing. Sure, I kinda do want these just to upgrade my 2012 scania but I can wait a few years. Maybe a decade. Just saying theres other stuff then having just one thing and your life is complete.

Marcello Julio

#52133 Post by Marcello Julio » 19 Oct 2020 01:43

Happy Birthday @Graf_Boinenn 🎂 🥳️

flight50

#52134 Post by flight50 » 19 Oct 2020 02:27

No, rigids is not in the game but that doesn't mean is not in the works. SCS has acknowledged this. But after 8 years, look what is in the game: free updates....v1.0 to now 1.39, free trucks, articulated trailers, owned trailers, heavy haul cargo packs, special transport, random events, detours, 8x4, lift axles, cables, several map expansion, open windows, move to DX11, change to fmod, HDR (maybe not great but is can be improved), SSAO (not liked by all but its cool with me), new cargo market (necessary for rigids), new external cargo market, several tuning packs, licensed trailer dlcs, licensed tire dlc's, numerous paint dlc's, annual WoT events and I am sure several more that I have not mentioned. So there are lots of things to be thankful for and still lots more in the que to come. If something takes time, so what. Focus on what we do have and not what we don't. It could be much worse. You could be paying for annual installments, for updates and trucks. The dlc's could be a lot more or worse, SCS could have just pulled the plug years ago. Nobody that I am aware of supports a 8 year old game.

Look at everything ATS doesn't have compared to what's available in ETS2. Be happy for what you have because someone else is always in a worse position. More things are coming and SCS is always updating features to the game and adding things that are most desired. SCS is well aware that people want rigids. I want a million dollars but I doubt it happens. There's a better chance at getting rigids than me getting a million bucks. Just saying....there good in every complaint one may have. People focus on the bad too much and never the positives that exist.
Last edited by flight50 on 19 Oct 2020 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

mackintosh

#52135 Post by mackintosh » 19 Oct 2020 09:52

I can understand where the relentless pressure for tandems is coming from. While I don't believe this kind of transport is particularly popular in North America, it does form a sizable part of European haulage. I do think it's high time for an official update on this potential feature.

Some newbie driver

#52136 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Oct 2020 11:10

It's curious that in Spain I almost don't see that kind of trucks in the road (specially BDF detachable containers) and most of the ones I see are from German International Logistic companies (Däscher, DB Schenker...).

There are a few companies specialized in high volume cargoes (I recall Trans Avella for example) that use tandems, but not BDF systems. From my perspective I can't really know how popular those could be in other places and the or understand the urge some people has to have them in game.

SpiritoftheLioness

#52137 Post by SpiritoftheLioness » 19 Oct 2020 11:19

In the netherlands those are pretty common, living near industry and it is actually the only type of truck/trailer i see passing by when walking the dog.
If it comes in the game or not, i am already grateful that there is a trucking sim that i enjoy, lately all games that i like get uninstalled cause i dont feel joy when playing them, ETS2 and ATS i even try to use as little mods as possible, only have a gps mod and for new profile a starter setup and other then that im modless, which im shocked by cause i love mods but ETS2 and even ATS is being so much better then years ago that i do not feel a need to use it, i enjoy the scs standards more without what ever mods are out there then with mods.
Or i have grown up in that department (im not grown up in other departments :lol: )

Hari13

#52138 Post by Hari13 » 19 Oct 2020 11:31

Happy Birthday ETS2 🎊 🎊

oldmanclippy

#52139 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 Oct 2020 13:32

I'm a little late but happy birthday ETS2! I haven't been with the game for all 8 years (more like 4.5) but even that would be a long time for a smaller game like this to be supported. Here's to 8 more hopefully!
ATS state release order concept map | Road to Moscow 2021 concept map
Freightliner Cascadia for OTR, Western Star 49X for Regional | Lamar, CO
Mercedes-Benz New Actros | Bern, CH

Some newbie driver

#52140 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Oct 2020 14:02

New moderator's colors as a gift for them on the 8th anniversary? :mrgreen:

Return to “SCS Site”