[ARCHIVED] SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
Virgo91

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#52241 Post by Virgo91 » 21 Oct 2020 21:03

Why with XXX amount of posts?Don't you think everyone has the right to participate?I have 5000+ posts vs 263 for you...what if i the XXX amount is like,i don't know,500?A lot of the forum users,including you,won't be able to participate.You guys and girls don't want people to complain,but your posts give people the right to complain :lol:

It's like Youtubers saying they will do a giveaway if they reach like 500K subs for example.Never will understand that,except they just want to gain subs like that.If i was a Youtube employee,i would give them a warning they wouldn't probably like :evil:

Graf_Boinenn

#52242 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 21 Oct 2020 21:39

Because:

1- Some folks here doesn't have a FB, TW or IG account to participate in the social events that SCS does.
2- it can boost the forum movement -if that's what SCS wants-

About complaining, people will complain no matter what. If SCS gives each user a free DLC, they will complain because it's not enough :lol:

mackintosh

#52243 Post by mackintosh » 21 Oct 2020 21:46

People without social media aren't worth the effort. You're only as useful as your tweets, retweets and followers. Welcome to marketing in the third decade.

plykkegaard

#52244 Post by plykkegaard » 21 Oct 2020 21:55

So players who participate in open beta is not worth a dime?
Thanks for letting us know 🙄
Office moved to Fort Collins, Colorado

Some newbie driver

#52245 Post by Some newbie driver » 21 Oct 2020 22:27

I think your sarcasm-o-meter is powered off plykkegaard. Mine is out of scale with mackintosh message. :mrgreen:

PD: yeah, and that's exactly when I mean with "all the love for the mainstream social networks". They are too slaves of their "easy metrics" and then use to forget the forum for those purposes because nobody cares about a forum activity volume on 2020.

WerewolfCustoms

#52246 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 22 Oct 2020 05:21

Forum is usually full of existing customers. Social media on the other hand can reach potential new buyers, since existing customers share the SCS content to everyone they know.

Esproquet

#52247 Post by Esproquet » 22 Oct 2020 07:17

I'm not an advocate for social media, but most game users are not in this forum, it is a matter of statistic and visibility.

Some newbie driver

#52248 Post by Some newbie driver » 22 Oct 2020 07:33

Absolutely agree with both. As I said, I understand why they do most of their actions on there. But "most of" has turned to be "all of them"; that's what I would like them to change back and that they show a little consideration and dedication to their own forum.

It has been time that almost the only SCS employees that come by here are their technical crew. And don't get me wrong, I'm glad they dedicate their time to help us and give us insight in so many things. But as a channel to communicate with their customers that this forum is, owned by themselves, I would expect their "public relations" (whatever the name it has the charge) crew to do a bit more of their work on here.

On last times I felt like the usual long-term "big company" user (banks, telecoms, insurances...): that you end viewing how the company you had been always a customer doesn't have interest in you at all while new customers can have tons of vantages. You end thinking that the best you can do is to keep changing continuously of company instead of to value the service itself a give your trust at long term.

Regards

Esproquet

#52249 Post by Esproquet » 22 Oct 2020 08:17

Liquid modernity (Bauman). :| :cry:

Mohegan13
Global moderator

#52250 Post by Mohegan13 » 22 Oct 2020 08:40

The forum is the ginger step-child. I mean how often are any of the community guys here? We only really see them immediately after a stream or something being shown off, Carthoo was the last forum active community focused dev the rest all stick with the other social media options. But as stated, social media is about trying to draw new people in, ignoring the daily bajillion spambots most if not all people here are already game owners.

It is a shame that the forum is continually left out of giveaways though.
Graf_Boinenn wrote:
21 Oct 2020 20:33
Releasing a contest in the forum would be nice, but only for people with XXX ammount of messages.
I agree, let's make it a good number like 15,000+ 🤣

Actually it wouldn't be the first time, didn't they once do a give-a-way or something that required you to have 500+ hrs on Steam in one of the games?
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

Return to “SCS Site”