About quoting

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
McFannik

About quoting

#1 Post by McFannik » 30 Dec 2016 10:20

And on another note...
I don't think we were out of line to use quotes.
We were not excessive quoting and we were quoting the last message in the thread :)

[2.4] Do NOT use excessive quoting. Only quote the message you are replying to and NEVER quote the message directly above yours unless you only quote a part of it. DO NOT MAKE PYRAMID QUOTES UNLESS IT IS NECESSARY. *
Last edited by ohaha on 30 Dec 2016 19:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post split.
Kind regards

McFannik

Unco
Global moderator

Re: About quoting

#2 Post by Unco » 30 Dec 2016 19:41

McFannik wrote:we were quoting the last message in the thread
And that is the problem, which you have quoted yourself in rule 2.4:
McFannik wrote:2.4] Do NOT use excessive quoting. Only quote the message you are replying to and NEVER quote the message directly above yours unless you only quote a part of it. DO NOT MAKE PYRAMID QUOTES UNLESS IT IS NECESSARY. *
The last several posts in that thread are basically a conversation between 2 people only. It makes no sense that you are quoting the entire previous message. Just use "Post Reply". I'm sure everyone can figure out that you are responding to the last post.

Please let me know if further clarification is needed. Have a Happy New Year. :)

Axel Slingerland
Global moderator

Re: About quoting

#3 Post by Axel Slingerland » 30 Dec 2016 20:07

Not to mention, what the conversation in a thread is about is not important. The rule says "NEVER quote the message directly above yours unless you only quote a part of it", which is pretty clear if you think about it. The topic could be anything and that rule would still apply.
You can call me Ax

Return to “SCS Site”