[DISCUSSION] What do the moderators do?

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: [DISCUSSION] What do the moderators do?

#31 Post by Mohegan13 » 16 Jan 2019 21:06

In part I think people have forgotten that although most countries have fairly decent speeds, many people now use mobiles. So unless you're connected to a decent wifi hotspot it's still as valid as it ever was.

Although if you're in a subforum called "screenshots" you can't exactly be surprised if there's lots of images in it. ;)
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Cadde

#32 Post by Cadde » 17 Jan 2019 00:46

Back when i was a kid (13) netiquette was very important. Proper capitalization, punctuation and paragraphing was a must or you would be /ignored in most "important" circles. Not to mention politeness, use of language and in general not being a donkey.
These days, not so much.

EDIT: Mind you, English isn't my native language. It was hard enough forming a sentence back then in certain circles. (technobabble)
On extended hiatus.
Vlad (ua)

#33 Post by Vlad (ua) » 21 Jan 2019 11:41

Hello,
At the end of last month, I saw the post of one of the moderators that you need forum moderators, I was well acquainted with the criteria for the forum moderator, and I am ready to join them to help work on the forum. I have a job experience. I was, and am a Сommunity moderator of the forum with the well-known project of TruckersMP https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php, well acquainted with the work tool, work and communication with the community, solving different situations in the community. I am also a member of the SCS Trucks translation team (participating in the localization of the Ukrainian translation in your games). I know well English, Russian, Ukrainian. I have been visiting and reading every day for a year and a half, I find out a lot of things on the SCS forum, since these are my favorite games of these developers since 2009, having been playing for over 3000 hours in ets/ats in recent years. Therefore, I would like and would like to have the desire to help your team (forum moderators).
ETS2 and ATS translator.
Cadde

#34 Post by Cadde » 22 Jan 2019 01:12

We received a few moderators and at this current time we are good. But should it ever come to it, your application and any future applications will be taken into account.
On extended hiatus.
Vlad (ua)

#35 Post by Vlad (ua) » 22 Jan 2019 16:06

Thanks for answer Сadde
Last edited by Vlad (ua) on 30 Sep 2019 12:45, edited 4 times in total.
Carthoo

#36 Post by Carthoo » 24 Jan 2019 18:32

Thanks to all of you who showed interest about moderator work or even send an application to become a moderator. We are grateful to have a helpfull community such as this.

We picked a few of more senior forum dwellers amongst you to cover different time zones and for now, mod team is strong enough.

As Cadde wrote, should the need arise again, we will let you know.

P.S.: Those who sent me an application should have an answer in your PM box.
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
FlyingPigeon

what has this world come too?

#37 Post by FlyingPigeon » 04 Dec 2019 21:54

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=279719&start=10

all the admin/devs/moderators knows *beeeep* is using a pirate version, but is still allowed on the forum???!! and when other talk about it we are the one getting a warning (official as according to link) and us legal users are not allowed to say anything?! WOW really, why such a protetction of a user that p!ss on the rest of us that buy the game and DLC legally??
*beeeep* can continue doing what he does and is even protected by forum mods for this, and we the others are the one getting threaten with warning and worse :shock:
seriously something is rotten in this forum!!
Last edited by Mohegan13 on 05 Dec 2019 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with appropriate topic.
Scandinavian truckdriver.
bumbumek

Re: what has this world come too?

#38 Post by bumbumek » 05 Dec 2019 00:54

There is nothing you can do mate...
bobgrey1997

#39 Post by bobgrey1997 » 05 Dec 2019 01:01

He has a point...
Protecting those who would steal the game only encourages others to do the same...
I know from experience. I have been on both sides of this before in many communities for many games.
Unknown#

#40 Post by Unknown# » 05 Dec 2019 06:05

While Moh is certainly a controversial figure here on this site (hell, he has lots of bias towards me and others), I do think that you're overreacting a bit too much about this.

Return to “SCS Blog and Websites”