[DISCUSSION] What do the moderators do?

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
MarcusDG

Re: [DISCUSSION] What do the moderators do?

#11 Post by MarcusDG » 16 Feb 2017 10:56

A really nice thread Cadde, I have been admin/modo in the past so I "know" what the job is about but it may really be informative for a lot of users - It also is well written and presented ;)

supersobes
Global moderator

#12 Post by supersobes » 03 Jan 2019 00:54

A few days ago, Cadde created this post which states that the SCS Forum needs more moderators. I am interested in becoming a moderator and helping out in the forum. I feel that I would fit the criteria to be a moderator for this forum, and I am ready to do what it takes to complete the job of being a moderator. I would like to be a moderator because I enjoy everything that SCS and the community has given to me, and I would like to return the favour by helping the community and the developers. Cadde said that it would be a good idea to discuss about applying to be a moderator and seeing if you would be fit to be a moderator in this thread before actually applying. So here is the question: Should I apply to become a moderator?

Cadde
Global moderator

#13 Post by Cadde » 03 Jan 2019 03:48

Having read each and every one of your 2502 posts (lol no, not really, but i skimmed over your history) the only reason i could find as to why you shouldn't is you have quoted images in the past. And that is saying something.

EDIT: Ah, i also found two posts with incorrect use of the forum attachment function. ;)
ImageGreen text = Moderator action.
ImageWhite text = Opinions and general banter.
PEBCAK errors... PEBCAK errors everywhere! If my life had a log file, it would be filled with PEBCAK...

Wolfi
Global moderator

#14 Post by Wolfi » 03 Jan 2019 06:35

I would apply to be a moderator, now that I don't make public mods, I have some spare time for that. But it's not a good idea, as most forum users would get insta-banned :mrgreen:

Cadde
Global moderator

#15 Post by Cadde » 03 Jan 2019 08:26

Wolfi, i know you wouldn't do that.

Also, as i said, time isn't really an issue. Every little bit helps.
PEBCAK errors... PEBCAK errors everywhere! If my life had a log file, it would be filled with PEBCAK...

Mohegan13
Global moderator

#16 Post by Mohegan13 » 03 Jan 2019 09:10

I would just ban preventively, problem solved.

It works, but it gets rather quiet rather fast. Plus I'd want to keep my name blue not green. :P
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

room217au

#17 Post by room217au » 03 Jan 2019 12:04

Given the 8 stages of scrutiny, one would need to be rather persistent to find themselves banned. I was an IRCop back ina early 90s and it was a military operation of sorts. Certain shifts had to be completed - because of world time zones - and the end just didn't justify the means. Folks running this show are pleasant enough. More power to 'em.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts.. do.

cip

#18 Post by cip » 03 Jan 2019 14:26

I was one who enjoyed helping people here and thought I could be a moderator but then I was banned for being ironic towards a rude guy here on the forum. I hated that moderator because he wasn't fair and he did not seem to have read the historic a few pages back, even after sending via email explicit links that are even now still on the forum!!!!! moreover that guy wasn't banned, only me and with no explanation, I was the one who could not send Christmas wishes to my virtual friends :lol: and this after I was the one trying to close the conflict and the attacker was still going on with insults...
so no thanks, I don't want to be a moderator, it must be difficult to take a decision when needed and inevitably somebody will hate you :lol:
Now I am back after a scs technical admin replied to my email and he was right in his statement. My mods therefore will keep going on scs forum as long as there is interest ;) and I am happy to be in contact with SCS for hidden traffic-related issues that for a normal user is more difficult to identify ;)
P.S. I don't hate the moderator anymore :D Christmas is time to forgive ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

Cadde
Global moderator

#19 Post by Cadde » 03 Jan 2019 15:50

We (moderators) go by what we see. And we saw rule violations and acted on them. We don't hate you guys either.

AnnaKlintenitz

#20 Post by AnnaKlintenitz » 03 Jan 2019 15:54

I would probably be the worst person to be a moderator, I have zero tolerance on a whole range of things.
Plenty respect to the current moderators tho.

Return to “SCS Site”