Forum Discussion/Suggestion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
plykkegaard

Re: Forum Discussion/Suggestion Thread

#611 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Sep 2021 21:29

Nobody will see it as it is now, give people some benefit of the doubt

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#612 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Sep 2021 14:03

I give to individual persons the benefit of doubt, never to people. We people as an undefined and unbrained mass have no possibility of redemption and that should be the basic fact from where to build up anything that has to be used "by people". So, past some point, it worth nothing the effort to go against that nature, way better let the Darwinism to do its job.

There's already a gigantic announcement about bugs forums rules. It's colored in a so noticeable way that it makes my eyes to bleed. If there's people that ignore it, there's nothing else you can do to prevent them to keep ignoring those rules.
plykkegaard

#613 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Sep 2021 16:51

Some newbie driver wrote: 23 Sep 2021 14:03 There's already a gigantic announcement about bugs forums rules. It's colored ...
... on a page noone ever visits

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Some newbie driver

#614 Post by Some newbie driver » 23 Sep 2021 17:44

Unless you have a stored direct link to the sub-forum of a version, you have to pass in front of it every time. Specially, you have to pass in front of them the first time you will arrive the forum, be a newbie here and want to post a bug for the first time (when it's supposed you need to read that thread)
plykkegaard

#615 Post by plykkegaard » 23 Sep 2021 21:16

The direct path is seldom taken
The obvious is to search for the problem or bug and you are past the top forum

The problem is that you should never had the bug forum with topics
phpbb3 supports hierarchy nodes or categories if you like
https://www.hostknox.com/tutorials/phpb ... and-forums

Unfortunately you only have global announcements and announcements per forum

IvanKuz

#616 Post by IvanKuz » 23 Sep 2021 21:29

Yes, you can't cure human stupidity. But I still think it's worth showing the warning in, you know, the very subforum the bugs are being posted in, and not just in the general Bugs subforum. It won't solve the problem completely, but it might help reduce the workload for Madkine just a little bit ;)
Some newbie driver

#617 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Sep 2021 06:43

Workload... or maybe satisfaction. To smash the delete button sometimes could be very good for stress. :lol:
plykkegaard wrote: 23 Sep 2021 21:16 The problem is that you should never had the bug forum with topics
That's the same problem why they had to put a warning about "don't open new topics here" in the base ETS2 and ATS sub-forums. Another warning that, for sure, will be ignored from time to time.

And I agree with you that to search should be the first option but:
- Search experience in general terms is atrocious (by lots of combined reasons, not all fault to the forum itself)
- In case the search didn't return any meaningful result, you need to go to the appropriate sub-forum anyway, so you should be able to see the clearly visible warning. And if it does produce a result, you will be inside a thread so the warning will not be visible anyway so the change proposed is useless regarding this scenario.

Regards
icy mcCoolName

#618 Post by icy mcCoolName » 21 Oct 2021 19:47

Eugene wrote: 02 Sep 2021 06:34 Dunno if this has been discussed or not, but i'll leave it here as a reminder.
E-Mail notifications on PMs from forum arrive with a huge delay. Today (sept. 2) i recieve e-mail notification about PM that were sent to me on aug. 25.
I think something should be done abot this. In meantime, i turned this notifications off for me
Hi, @Eugene not to necro an old topic, but was the outcome of that discussion that "This is just how e-mail notifications work"?

I see your 8 day delay and raise you a message dated the 7th October, that only arrived today, 22nd October, 15 days late. I'm otherwise not on here enough to keep track of updates, so it's pretty disappointing I can't be timely with replies.
You are passing another post signature!
--
It may take me upwards of 14 days to be notified of new replies, please be patient with me! c:
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#619 Post by Mohegan13 » 22 Oct 2021 15:25

Just be happy they even enabled emails. They've only been active a couple years.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
plykkegaard

#620 Post by plykkegaard » 22 Oct 2021 15:44

Two weeks delay?
Notifications by mail is now disabled

Return to “SCS Blog and Websites”