Forum Discussion/Suggestion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Forum Discussion/Suggestion Thread

#571 Post by Mohegan13 » 23 Jun 2021 10:38

We've listened to feedback and updated the rules (3.1) regarding mods/links. Please see the reply to the Forum Rules for the two changes.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
xXCARL1992Xx

#572 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Jun 2021 18:54

question to 3.1
By sharing your mods on this forum, you are agreeing to give all users of the forum equal technical support in the mod's topic. You may not limit support to private messages or other services away from the forum.
i deliberately upload my mods only to Steam Workshop for obvious reasons, everyone gets their updates without question and i only have to worry about 1 source and have no need for pesky hotfixes, how does it look like when i see a use that provides me a gamelog that shows my mod is not used via Steam Workshop but download from some other side or even made an offline mod, do i still have to give out support ?

i choose SW because for me it is easier and if something is really wrong with the mod everybody would have this problem and i can easily pinpoint it when i myself use the SW version, i cant be sure on downloads from other sides or even if the user made the mod an offline mod, he/she could have done anything to it i am maybe not able to find in the official SW upload and so would be just wasting my time
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#573 Post by supersobes » 26 Jun 2021 19:11

Nope, you do not have to give support to users who are using illegitimate copies of your mod. The purpose of this rule is mainly to ensure that users who are using legitimate copies of mods are able to receive support for mods that are shared here without having to sign up for other websites/services.
xXCARL1992Xx

#574 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Jun 2021 19:19

good to know, thank you
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
F4R35

#575 Post by F4R35 » 27 Jul 2021 16:18

I wasn't around yesterday, and I'm confused about the General discussion thread being locked! what's the reason for that, and where should I discuss General SCS related stuff now?
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
oldmanclippy

#576 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Jul 2021 16:20

I'm guessing it got locked because it got too big like last time, but they forgot to make a replacement for it.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
pigbrother

#577 Post by pigbrother » 27 Jul 2021 16:23

Or the mods are still debating over some new rules to keep the offtopic and idiocy at bay.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#578 Post by Mohegan13 » 27 Jul 2021 16:26

A few adult children did childish things.

The topic may or may not be reopened later on in the meantime 99% of all chit chat from that thread can go in the appropriate game category or off topic forums. If a specific topic doesn't exist make one in the appropriate area.

Truth is that topic was never appropriate for the SCS Site category which is for site related feedback and issues. 🤷‍♂
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
oldmanclippy

#579 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Jul 2021 16:35

Well regardless of the reasons for closing it, I think a replacement should be officially created, because there are two off topic forums, one in ETS2 and one in ATS, and it doesn't make sense to split general SCS games / off topic discussion between games. I agree that SCS Site doesn't make sense based on what the section is for, but there isn't a good alternative as of now. IMO, either an General Discussion / Off Topic forum should be created, or a replacement should be made in the SCS Site forum for the time being. Having no good place for General Discussion is an issue that should be rectified soon. It's one of the only places where predominately ETS2 fans and predominately ATS fans can interact.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
supersobes
Global moderator

#580 Post by supersobes » 27 Jul 2021 16:44

There were some problems in the SCS General Discussion Thread yesterday, and it was locked to allow things to settle a bit. It was initially planned to be unlocked this morning. But then it was decided that the thread could stay locked a little longer as an experiment to see what it would be like without it. At this time, it's not certain whether or not it will be locked permanently or how long it will be locked. But we do appreciate the feedback, and it will be taken into consideration.

Return to “SCS Blog and Websites”