Steam inventory mods restiction discussion [Questions Answered]

Please stay up to date with the content of this section.
SchleichDi

Re: Steam inventory mods restiction discussion

#21 Post by SchleichDi » 05 Apr 2019 15:49

Then let me suggest to stop with the random drop rewards. Same stuff for everyone. Not "one out of X".
danbywinby

#22 Post by danbywinby » 05 Apr 2019 15:53

Mohegan13 wrote: 05 Apr 2019 15:35 Part of the problem is that the files are all in the base game, and modders are used to using files found in the base game. You have to own the base game to use the mods, so it's not a massive issue.

So when you have these Steam Inventory items that only require def editing to work (they don't touch the models at all) you can understand why modders thought it was acceptable, the fact that these items can be EARNT FOR FREE by playing the game like other accessories are, also blurred the line a little. As such some modders, myself included I might add, assumed they were fair game. They weren't considered in the same way DLC content vs modding is because of the fact they can be earnt for free and are in the base game files.
Hang on. So anyone whether they have completed the event or not can activate every single world of trucks steam inventory reward by making a simple edit to file or 2?

Surely this is just a really bad system that SCS has created for these rewards. If all it takes is editing a file or 2 to get all the rewards then it seems like SCS has not bothered to put in any form of protection to ensure that only the people who complete these events or pay for the rewards have these rewards.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#24 Post by Mohegan13 » 05 Apr 2019 15:58

@Danbywinby yes exactly that.
Smarty wrote: 05 Apr 2019 15:37 Scenario #1: Truck mod (adds a new, standalone truck) which contains interior accessory definitions for event reward items, with relevant steam_inventory_id attribute intact.
Based on the discussion I had with Carthoo the other day, #1 is fine. With the ID intact people still need to earn/buy the content before it can be used, so that is fine (assuming no model/assets are included).
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Trucker_71

#25 Post by Trucker_71 » 05 Apr 2019 16:03

Does this ban include the SCS trailer that they use to go to RL shows? It was supposed to be in the event but I never came across it. I saw it done up as a mod and if it's part of the ban I think SCS should at least make it available for the freight market. :?
Carthoo

#26 Post by Carthoo » 05 Apr 2019 16:04

Take weekend for discussion and posting eventual questions guys, we'll get to it on Monday.
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
danbywinby

#27 Post by danbywinby » 05 Apr 2019 16:05

In that case then at this rate you will have a lot of reading to do on monday Carthoo :lol:
xXCARL1992Xx

#28 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 05 Apr 2019 16:06

Alky wrote: 05 Apr 2019 16:03 Does this ban include the SCS trailer that they use to go to RL shows? It was supposed to be in the event but I never came across it. I saw it done up as a mod and if it's part of the ban I think SCS should at least make it available for the freight market. :?
the mod you saw was made by Aradeth, way before the event, if you find his mod then it is not the SCS one, but the one from SCS should be ingame but without def files, dont know how Vlad got it working, if the picture was even from him
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Carthoo

#29 Post by Carthoo » 05 Apr 2019 16:07

Trying hard not to think about it.... :? But has to be done I guess.
Fluent in a few languages, sarcasm and irony included. /truth on - currently overloaded, sorry for not answering your PMs - will do so once I got some time

"I can confirm by denial. What's your superpower?"
Marcello Julio

#30 Post by Marcello Julio » 05 Apr 2019 16:09

Alky wrote: 05 Apr 2019 16:03 Does this ban include the SCS trailer that they use to go to RL shows? It was supposed to be in the event but I never came across it. I saw it done up as a mod and if it's part of the ban I think SCS should at least make it available for the freight market. :?
SCS trailer that has mods that enable it, it was only enabled. He has a future and at 1.35 we will know what he will do!

Return to “Forum Rules and Announcements”