Steam inventory mods restiction discussion [Questions Answered]

Please stay up to date with the content of this section.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Steam inventory mods restiction discussion [Questions Answered]

#241 Post by Mohegan13 » 06 Jan 2020 08:40

Technically you can make a mod of anything so long as you don't share it with anyone.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
train

#242 Post by train » 06 Jan 2020 20:00

Hello Dear SCS staff.
I was asked to make a mod, that trains from the Baltic countries and some others appeared on the map of Russia and replaced some trains there. whether trains from the Baltic countries are part of the DLC and whether such a mod would be a violation, provided that I always edit 3D models in a blender (that is, they will be in the archive of my mod) and potentially it can be redone for use without some DLC for example with standalone cards.

Best Regards.
Madkine
Global moderator

#243 Post by Madkine » 07 Jan 2020 09:26

@train That's a clear violation of the rules.
Carthoo wrote: 05 Apr 2019 14:42 If you want to/ need to use something from our DLC content for your mod, don't put that part of DLC directly into your mod, instead make a „link“ to it by specifying the path to the given DLC data.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
xXCARL1992Xx

#244 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 Jan 2020 09:35

There is no violation if he only used the 3D model and the texture are used from the DLC
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
cip

#245 Post by cip » 07 Jan 2020 10:22

my opinion is that there is no violation if 99% is DLC modified content and 1% is link to original DLC content not included in the mod. as far as there is a dependency on the DLC, and the mod will not work correctly without the DLC, there is no violation.
actually most of the Ai vehicles are included in the base and only the country spawn files are generally in map DLCs. I am surprised that Baltics trains are in the DLC not in base...
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...
train

#246 Post by train » 07 Jan 2020 11:20

@cip @xXCARL1992Xx @Madkine Thank you all for your answers, alright. I will think about what parts can be left unchanged so as not to put them in the mod’s archive.
@cip I was no less surprised when I unpacked the DLC archives provided at my disposal, and as I understand it applies not only to the Baltic Sea, the road to the Black Sea also contains models of regional trains, trams and subway cars. and I think so, this applies to all other DLC regions in ETS2.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#247 Post by Mohegan13 » 07 Jan 2020 11:38

cip wrote: 07 Jan 2020 10:22 my opinion is that there is no violation if 99% is DLC modified content and 1% is link to original DLC content not included in the mod.
It is not a matter of opinion. It is clearly stated you cannot use any art/textures/materials from DLC in your mod, you can only link to those files in SCS DLC thus forcing a dependency.
[ external image ]
cip

#248 Post by cip » 07 Jan 2020 14:45

train wrote: 07 Jan 2020 11:20 the road to the Black Sea also contains models of regional trains, trams and subway cars. and I think so, this applies to all other DLC regions in ETS2.
ok, this maybe applies for trains only in the new DLCs, Russian road vehicles for example are included in the base not in the DLC
@Mohegan13 train clearly said that he has to edit those models in blender (most probably to add hookup sounds) and make them available in other countries not only in the Baltics DLC. whether he has to edit textures also is not yet clear, but if needed and to be in line with SCS rules he just needs to keep the spawn files linked to the DLC, meaning that he shall not include the def storage files in the mod, therefore those who do not own the DLC will not benefit from this mod! then the author can make a country spawn file to make the trains spawning in the countries he want, but again, only those with the DLC will see the trains.
I like the idea that somebody works on train sounds, but I don't like that others try to stop this happening only for a wrong interpretation of the SCS rules. Chartoo said clearly Don't make mods that bypass the need to buy content, so if train respect this and that 1% will be a link to the DLC he is fine to do it. moreover Chartoo said at the end that if really not possible to make any link with the DLC, the author can define artificial DLC dependency directly in the mod manifest he never said not to edit and share DLC content
I have quit SCS forum...
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#249 Post by Mohegan13 » 07 Jan 2020 14:54

I wasn't referring to train at all. I was only talking about your incorrect assumption of percentage, percentage is irrelevant, it comes down only to one thing: Whether content not allowed is included or not. ;)
[ external image ]
cip

#250 Post by cip » 07 Jan 2020 15:12

percentage was a fictive number :lol: to make it clear that if a mod contains even 99% edited content and 1% means the link with the DLC, that mod is good to go without discussion ;)
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Forum Rules and Announcements”