Steam inventory mods restiction discussion [Questions Answered]

Please stay up to date with the content of this section.
Brucedg

Re: Steam inventory mods restiction discussion [Questions Answered]

#281 Post by Brucedg » 29 Feb 2020 11:14

Cool ,thanks :)
Nemiro
SCS Software

#282 Post by Nemiro » 28 Apr 2020 11:42

Dear everyone, we'd like to repeat the rules, restrictions, terms, and conditions, that my colleague @Carthoo at the very beginning of this thread. Recently we've discovered a mod that breaks some of these rules such as putting cracked versions of map expansions data into it, making just these data freely available without any need to provide license keys on Steam.

Such doing is illegal and prohibited and we will need to take formal steps against the author and uploader, which might end up in a not so pretty situation. Please, spread the word that while we love the creativity of our community and we do really love seeing good and nice MODs, there are some limits and bounds no one should cross.
--- NEMIRO ---

Gamer. Mountains lover. Addicted to freedom. Proud member of the #BestCommunityEver!
JoachimK

#283 Post by JoachimK » 22 May 2020 07:39

Good Morning,

I´ve asked me, why are some Users loading up Payware DLC to some very bad Mod sites?

This Morning I found again on *removed - stop promoting pirate sites* 3 DLC as free Download. But there are more.
I´ve paid all my DLC for ETS2 and I´m happy to support SCS.

What is to do to stop all these Thieves and their Sites? Not one Administrator prooves the Uploads.
You can upload, what you want.

That what I want to say finally about in this Thread.
[ external image ]
JBK-TRANS   |   JBK-TRANS vCOMPANY IS CLOSED !
hawk0011

#284 Post by hawk0011 » 27 Jun 2020 11:34

Nemiro wrote: 28 Apr 2020 11:42 Dear everyone, we'd like to repeat the rules, restrictions, terms, and conditions, that my colleague @Carthoo at the very beginning of this thread. Recently we've discovered a mod that breaks some of these rules such as putting cracked versions of map expansions data into it, making just these data freely available without any need to provide license keys on Steam.

Such doing is illegal and prohibited and we will need to take formal steps against the author and uploader, which might end up in a not so pretty situation. Please, spread the word that while we love the creativity of our community and we do really love seeing good and nice MODs, there are some limits and bounds no one should cross.
can you sell scs trucks after putting mods on it as your own mod to public to make money as i'v see on facebook there is a scs 389 being sold for lot of money i think this is wrong as its an scs truck.
xXCARL1992Xx

#285 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Jun 2020 11:36

you cant sell any truck, be it from SCS or made by you because yo dont own the rights to the design and the name of said truck, if the company wants they can sue you over misuse of intellectual property
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#286 Post by Mohegan13 » 27 Jun 2020 11:48

If you see something you think breaks the rules (or the law) on this forum contact a Moderator/use the report button.
If it's on Steam Workshop use the report button.
If it's anywhere else contact SCS directly via their email address or use the PM system.

When in doubt just contact SCS privately so they can look into it.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Papa Smurf

#287 Post by Papa Smurf » 01 Dec 2020 23:54

Ok, I have read almost everything :-) I have a suggestion .... maybe it is worth to put some clear information for modders somewhere. Maybe on wikipedia where there are blender tools, etc. add the "rules for creating mods" tab. I am a beginner modder and to be honest I did some research on the rules. But maybe I don't know how to look. I have a question that after reading this post, I have no answer or I didn't understand something. English is not my first language so foregive me. Each dlc tuning has specific new root objects on the truck that are not visible for players who do not have a DLC. By adding new elements created from scratch to them (other than those with dlc), the root objects become visible to players without dlc but the dlc content is still unavailable. Can these root objects be used or not for modding? I have bought all dlc except paintjobs (just few) and sometimes when creating a new model, e.g. a lamp, I check the name of the root object in the console in the game and because my dlc are enabled i can see all root objects so sometimes i'm confused about which hook is from dlc and which is not. I'm sorry if I messed up something but I really want to feel confident in what I do and I would like to respect the rules and all great work of the entire scs team!!

Regards!

Kris
xXCARL1992Xx

#288 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 02 Dec 2020 00:04

Truck models are part of the base game, no DLC adds a truck to the game to get new accessory slots so everybody has these slots even if the DLC is not owned by the player
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
BlackBloodRum

#289 Post by BlackBloodRum » 18 Dec 2020 04:12

So, what is the best "legal" way to modify parts to fit on a new size cab, chassis etc without requreiing users to purchase a DLC or breaking the game in such a way, users report pmd errors etc etc? Is it legal to include a modified pmd file, but no sii file?

Also, what about parts which were created pre-dlc? Do they have to be removed if a DLC now has them?

It's a shame legal stuff has to get in the way of modding now.
Open Modder - Making mods for the fun of modding, without locking them or trying to make a profit. The way modding should be.

World of Trucks | Screenshots | ATS Mods | ETS2 Mods | Gitlab Repositories
Marviluck

#290 Post by Marviluck » 27 Feb 2021 08:23

Mohegan13 wrote: 27 Jun 2020 11:48 If you see something you think breaks the rules (or the law) on this forum contact a Moderator/use the report button.
If it's on Steam Workshop use the report button.
If it's anywhere else contact SCS directly via their email address or use the PM system.

When in doubt just contact SCS privately so they can look into it.
Who should I contact through PM? It seems I cannot send it to you, should I pick a random moderator? I would like to ask some legality matter with my own mod to be sure I'm doing things right.

Return to “Forum Rules and Announcements”