Mods Section Overhaul

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
davidhicks1994

Mods Section Overhaul

#1 Post by davidhicks1994 » 28 May 2020 08:20

Hey I just thought it would be cool to add a few more Sub-Forum sections to the Mods sections for ATS and ETS2. Many times I am looking for something rather specific, such as an Old Truck, or maybe a Standalone Map. But finding those can be tedious if you don't know the exact Model, or the exact name of a Map. So some examples below might help with that.

Board index < American Truck Simulator < Mods < Models < Trucks // Would now have new options within. "Classic" and "Modern".

Board index < American Truck Simulator < Mods < Maps // Would now have new options within. "Map Addons" and "Standalone Maps".

These are just examples, and you could do this with any of the Mod sections. I think this would really help not just people like me looking for something specific... But this would also help NEW players who maybe don't know what they're looking for yet. Thank you for taking the time to read this suggestion, and whether or not it's implemented, have a great day and happy gaming to all :)
It's better to be the one in a million, than to be one of the millions.

IceoradArctic

Re: Mods Section Overhaul

#2 Post by IceoradArctic » 28 May 2020 09:56

Another thing they need to do is remove the outdated mods From these forums 2 simple ways of doing this.

Check the activity of the forum topic starter and 2 if mods don't mention 1.37 delete the topics. So there's less junk on the forums and updated mods.

zippe

#3 Post by zippe » 28 May 2020 14:15

IceoradArctic wrote:
28 May 2020 09:56
Check the activity of the forum topic starter and 2 if mods don't mention 1.37 delete the topics. So there's less junk on the forums and updated mods.
that makes no sense at all to practice it like that!

---just because the modder who made the mod is no longer active, the mod is very often not dead, many other users make updates or fixes which can then be found in this thread :)
---many mods do not have to be changed after every game update, there are many mods that work already with many game updates
---even after the 1.37 update there are many mods that do not need an update, so why should they delete them just because they don't have 1.37 in the thread :?: :?:
---and if you delete mods that are no longer up to date, you take away the possibility of many users downloading the old mod and adapting it for themselves for the current game version, many users do that, they would then have to do the whole mod again which is a lot of work for trucks or trailers, for example :)
---1.37 is just a few weeks old, but many modders do not always have time to update their mods immediately, they do it all in their spare time, so why delete topics now if the modder would update the mod maybe during his summer/winter vacation,if you delete the thread now, a lot of information may be lost about it, which new or inexperienced users might still need

as you can see, it is not so easy to delete "old topics", every user has to spend a few minutes to find out whether a mod is still up-to-date or working, usually a quick glance at the first and / or last page is sufficient of the thread ;)

Madkine

#4 Post by Madkine » 29 May 2020 06:33

Not to mention there's a bunch of users who specifically stay on older versions of the game and they use mods too.

davidhicks1994

#5 Post by davidhicks1994 » 30 May 2020 14:01

Yeah I do that sometimes. I did that for a long while so that I could continue to play the "Dalton Highway" mod.
Last edited by supersobes on 30 May 2020 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.12]
It's better to be the one in a million, than to be one of the millions.

burbigo1

#6 Post by burbigo1 » 30 May 2020 20:07

I do that to continue to play it too

Return to “SCS Site”