rookie_one

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#2061 Post by rookie_one » 21 Jan 2021 12:54

All right everyone, time to haul ass!
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
JackBurton

#2063 Post by JackBurton » 21 Jan 2021 13:14

Thank you, SCS, for the event. It is great to feel as though we are each doing our part. In a small way we are by simply staying home to play a trucking game. Props also to the social media team for their thoughtful moderation across several platforms.
plinio.lisboa.br

#2064 Post by plinio.lisboa.br » 21 Jan 2021 13:14

just my simple opinion based on real things.

right now, for example, there is a convoy of trucks trying to reach the city of Manaus passing by BR 319 in which there is a 400 km stretch that has been completely destroyed over time due to lack of maintenance by several governments that were not careful necessary, the result is really something very cruel that truckers, 400 km of mud, serious risks of accidents, obsolete wooden bridges, etc., zero logistics on the stretch (no meals, gas station, hotel, village, etc.) but the government current is doing very good logistics (via army: food, water, road maintenance, mud rescue, metal bridges, etc.) on this stretch, and at this time of the year it rains a lot, generates a lot of mud, it is very complicated.

Even better way to deliver any product in the State of Amazonas in the capital Manaus.
Transporting 7 oxygen manufacturing plants are large structures.Perhaps I did not express correctly these seven plants are being transported by the highway even with all the mud.

Because it is the shortest route and this equipment came by military planes to be manufactured in Brazil by the manufacturer Embraer, the aircraft that has already become very popular with the population the kc-390 and this occurred in the city of Porto Velho State of Rondônia.

br-319 it has approximately 400 km of asphalt: as soon as it leaves the city of Porto Velho to the city of Humaitá in Amazonas and in the State of Amazonas, you have the asphalt of the Balsa (13 km of river to Manaus) until a stretch that gives about the same distance of about 200 km.

Between these two asphalted stretches of br-319 there is what is called here in Brazil the "middle stretch" that 400 km practically impassable and uninhabited, a great challenge for drivers to deliver these 7 oxygen production plants.

There is a military ship that left the port of Santos and is also taking equipment of more than 50 tons to one of the emergency factories.

Trucks on a regular journey with any type of cargo are; food, medicine, oxygen tubes ... anything takes about 7 days, you have to take a ferry in the city of Belém in the state of Pará, bound for the capital Manaus in Amazonas.

While this Highway BR-319 you can reach when it has been rebuilt by asphalt in 12 hours !!
The highway in its current state is possible to reach it in 4 days even with all the mud and all the complications it is possible to say so generically in "50% of the time".

So I don't see how bad it is an event that talks about vaccine delivery.

Because this is also happening in countries, this is happening worldwide, it is a reality in our times trucks are delivering vaccines.

so my opinion is that I am in favor.
Because it is part of reality, then this is a right simulator game.
Truckers are doing this by delivering vaccines and saving people.
Marcello Julio

#2065 Post by Marcello Julio » 21 Jan 2021 13:29

Soon I will start the event, But initially I already say that Congratulations on SCS attitude for creating this event! I enjoyed last year of the Truck at Home event! It is not an event with the goal of having mega extravagant rewards, but with the goal of pass the message of support from everyone who is on the front line of Pandemic at the moment, especially now that we have an ever closer hope!
parasaurolophus67

#2066 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 21 Jan 2021 13:49

this is a interesting one. took the first one and it was pretty good. so this is a pretty good one and doing something good also!
supersobes
Global moderator

#2067 Post by supersobes » 21 Jan 2021 13:50

I think it's interesting that the marketing photos for this event were done with the new lighting system. It looks very good!
F4R35

#2068 Post by F4R35 » 21 Jan 2021 13:56

Is it just me or even the reflections on the trucks and cars look a lot better with the new lighting system?
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
harishw8r

#2069 Post by harishw8r » 21 Jan 2021 13:57

Marcello Julio wrote: 21 Jan 2021 13:03 https://twitter.com/SCSsoftware/status/ ... 5140407298
Jesus, the people are fast :lol:
Very fast indeed, I didn't even update my games yet!

And yeah what's the deal with the comment war on the blog post?
arthurcfbr

#2070 Post by arthurcfbr » 21 Jan 2021 14:13

Wow. People really don't lose time in this events. I like the idea of this event and I will enjoy doing it.
My Twtich Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/boriscec_acf (Lives in Portuguese, but I do speak english)

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”