SCS General Discussion Thread

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
Speedytrucker

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#2801 Post by Speedytrucker » 03 Feb 2021 21:07

Hdr mode windows 10 looks terrible in ets 2 1.40 and probably other 5 years or so before SCSsoftware do anymore graphics changes.

SiSL
SCS Software

#2802 Post by SiSL » 03 Feb 2021 21:26

bumbumek wrote:
03 Feb 2021 19:33
Dear @SiSL, even your cabin accessories mod that worked on 1.39 patch, will permanently crash the game now?
No, it will not crash BUT it can make your experience terrible and wrong, because I did not adjust textures or vertex colors to new lights, so it can make your cabin look much darker and outside much brighter or opposite visa versa due to new histogram calculations.

Not just my mod any mod that is not adjusted their textures or materials. I already see some fake reviews with using mods like "arm guy" animation which "includes all truck animations and lighted buttons in it" and don't see lights in streams...

orizon

#2803 Post by orizon » 03 Feb 2021 21:44

Just done two deliveries with a new profile, and I'M AMAZED!!!! I highly recommend driving through the rain at the sunset. It's so immersive. At the sunset, your headlights don't help you too much and the dashboard looks a little too dark, like in real life. Also, the wet roads that reflect the stoplights look very natural. Also, the street lights with that yellowish colour look beautiful.

Meanwhile, the motorway signs reflect your own headlights correct, but other street signs are not reflecting the light in the same way. Also, the reflections of headlights on the signs are only from you, not from AI cars :(

Regarding the rain on the tarmac, I expected to see some dry parts where the wheels are rolling.

I'm preparing a video right now and will be available tomorrow morning.

rookie_one

#2804 Post by rookie_one » 03 Feb 2021 21:46

galimim wrote:
03 Feb 2021 18:56
Not really. I suspect even now people are crying where are the updates for their mods... It would just shift that to the full release (and make it even worse).

But I do wish to know how must we update our mods (trucks, parts etc) so we can start testing them :D or do we need to wait for tools to get updated?
Seriously, some people deserve to get their butt kicked

San_Sany4

#2805 Post by San_Sany4 » 03 Feb 2021 22:47

I just drove under the street lights and the truck roof still cast no shadow in the cabin. At all. Neither did A-pillars. Kinda disappointing. Looks like shadows can only be under the sunlight, and we won't see shadows from any other light sources until we get raytracing.
My World of Trucks profile. My Steam profile.
ETS2 since 1.4, ATS since 1.0. I play vanilla only, no mods (except MP sometimes).

Some newbie driver

#2806 Post by Some newbie driver » 03 Feb 2021 23:13

I would had expected the new lights to don't cross through objects, at least some specific objects (like parts of out truck, as being the most noticeable ones). Not saying that they cast also shadows, but at least to don't get through.

No idea if they can't do it for now, if it's planned for later or if it was sacrificed trying to keep the performance levels at bay.

Max
SCS Software

#2807 Post by Max » 03 Feb 2021 23:24

there never were any shadows from other sources. and it did not changed (it was out of current scope).
setting correct intensities to light sources like steet lamps made this more apparent, unfortunately.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

LincolnCFCruz

#2808 Post by LincolnCFCruz » 03 Feb 2021 23:43

orizon wrote:
03 Feb 2021 21:44
Just done two deliveries with a new profile, and I'M AMAZED!!!! I highly recommend driving through the rain at the sunset. It's so immersive. At the sunset, your headlights don't help you too much and the dashboard looks a little too dark, like in real life. Also, the wet roads that reflect the stoplights look very natural. Also, the street lights with that yellowish colour look beautiful.

Meanwhile, the motorway signs reflect your own headlights correct, but other street signs are not reflecting the light in the same way. Also, the reflections of headlights on the signs are only from you, not from AI cars :(

Regarding the rain on the tarmac, I expected to see some dry parts where the wheels are rolling.

I'm preparing a video right now and will be available tomorrow morning.
Night time with rain... Really looks extremely good, this update made ETS2 fun again for me. Euro Wallpaper Simulator :lol: :lol:

bumbumek

#2809 Post by bumbumek » 04 Feb 2021 00:14

SiSL wrote:
03 Feb 2021 21:26

No, it will not crash BUT it can make your experience terrible and wrong, because I did not adjust textures or vertex colors to new lights, so it can make your cabin look much darker and outside much brighter or opposite visa versa due to new histogram calculations.

Not just my mod any mod that is not adjusted their textures or materials. I already see some fake reviews with using mods like "arm guy" animation which "includes all truck animations and lighted buttons in it" and don't see lights in streams...
Thank you for your reply, so we will see which mods look aweful and need an update. The thing is, I use almost 80 mods, many of them are totally dead, because their creators quit with modding (but all of them work on 1.39 patch), like the ones made by Alexey P, jeyjey-16 etc.

So I wonder which mods will be gone forever :| I will find out in two months probably.

San_Sany4

#2810 Post by San_Sany4 » 04 Feb 2021 01:22

Max wrote:
03 Feb 2021 23:24
setting correct intensities to light sources like steet lamps made this more apparent, unfortunately.
Yeah, definitely more noticeable. And having all cab interior brightly lit under the streetlights is kinda distracting. But I get that it's the current limitations of the game engine. Maybe you can simply tone down the brightness a bit for the interior?

Also, I got a crazy idea but I'm not sure if it will work… Are light-emitting surfaces possible in the game, or only the point light sources?
My World of Trucks profile. My Steam profile.
ETS2 since 1.4, ATS since 1.0. I play vanilla only, no mods (except MP sometimes).

Return to “SCS Site”