SCS General Discussion Thread

mackintosh

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#10231 Post by mackintosh » 14 Oct 2021 17:16

I'm happy that this has become an annual thing for SCS, especially now with the streams. Alex and Nemiro have done a great job tonight. Very proud of their thoughtful and tactful approach to this issue.
rookie_one

#10232 Post by rookie_one » 14 Oct 2021 17:17

Only thing I hope is that they donate to organizations who research breast cancer, not organizations who raise awareness.

The first is worth it, the second is a scam
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
Some newbie driver

#10233 Post by Some newbie driver » 14 Oct 2021 17:27

Every October since they started this activity towards breast cancer we are having here the same shameful useless discussion about if they should had to support other cancers and blah blah blah. What about to talk about FACTS?

SCS is free to support whatever purpose they want. That includes supporting activities regarding breast cancer awareness and research funding.
We are free to participate or not on those activities.
They want to support breast cancer, only, POINT. Deal with it and mature a bit.

And before somebody came replying that they are free to give their opinion, the answer is NO, we are not. Because that's not just an opinion, is to shame on SCS because they are doing a charity event that doesn't fit your specific taste. Do anybody in here hosts a charity event for every freaking kind of cancer that exist? We are as free as SCS to do it. Do you do it? The expected answer of NOT, makes all of us unable to give morality lessons to SCS about their choices. Better to shut up to not keep shaming yourselves more.
oldmanclippy

#10234 Post by oldmanclippy » 14 Oct 2021 18:38

Everyone is free to fund raise for their own issues that they care about. So long as the cause is worthy and the organization is trustworthy then I have no right to criticize that someone else's donations are not far-reaching enough for my taste.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Truckdrivr

#10235 Post by Truckdrivr » 15 Oct 2021 07:35

@Some newbie driver mate its okay you dont agree with every opinion, we all have different views on things, but because you dont like a certain opinion, it does not make that opinion less of an opinion, and really nobody here is shaming SCS for anything.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
dkasper00

#10236 Post by dkasper00 » 15 Oct 2021 07:42

I can fully get behind this cause, have an Aunt that has beaten breast cancer more than one time. She's literally my hero.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
PiggeVonKnorr

#10237 Post by PiggeVonKnorr » 15 Oct 2021 07:56

This event is one of the best things scs have done in my opinion! My mom and my grandma did both beat their breastcancer, lost my uncle in coloncancer and now recently my dad in lungcancer. So my hat off to scs for their efforts!
Last edited by PiggeVonKnorr on 15 Oct 2021 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Some newbie driver

#10238 Post by Some newbie driver » 15 Oct 2021 10:26

Truckdrivr wrote: 15 Oct 2021 07:35and really nobody here is shaming SCS for anything
Read again all messages that had ben written here about it and you will know which ones I was talking about. And the same has happened all three years this even has been done. So no, it's not about if I'm agree with an opinion or not; it's about that there has been more than enough about that kind of attitude of certain people.

Here's nothing wrong not liking a charity event; there's everything wrong in opening discussions about it because it's a question of ethics. To start discussions here about the convenience of what SCS does and the way they do it is to judge their morals about it. None of us, anonymous people in a forum, is in a position to do so. It's like to demand SCS to do something we haven demonstrated to be example of. So there's only 2 decent options: one agrees and participates/talks about/whatever or one doesn't agree and silently passes.

Regards
harishw8r

#10239 Post by harishw8r » 15 Oct 2021 12:58

Exactly, people think this as some sort of feature wishlist without realizing its more of an internal thing. Same as some people who said “If there are more vehicles and less manpower why not upsize the vehicle department?”. This absurdity is too much to take.
Truckdrivr

#10240 Post by Truckdrivr » 15 Oct 2021 13:12

people need to stop being so sensitive on behalf of others all the time. just chill its only words they dont hurt anyone.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”