SCS General Discussion Thread

LAFAYET47

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#4931 Post by LAFAYET47 » 18 Apr 2021 11:35

Yeah, as it already been mentioned some pages before it's been almost 3 years since we actually had a new proper game mechanic, the ownable trailers. Much was promised about this feature but apart from some eventual new ownable trailers it is essentially the same thing as 3 years ago. It's about time some new real features come in and as everybody is saying here the cargo/economy system of this game really needs a serious overhaul .I understand the necessity of bringing the game to some modern technical standards, like it was done with dx11, fmod and so on, but game mechanics are also very important too and should not be forgotten for such a long time.
harishw8r

#4932 Post by harishw8r » 18 Apr 2021 11:41

I wouldn’t call driving school and multiplayer a waste of time. Multiplayer is definitely asked by many players and driving school might be regarded as a purely business move - Companies are more likely to collaborate in different ways if the game focuses on imparting some learning elements to the players than being more of a sightseeing game with a moderately difficult goal of delivering cargo from A to B. While some companies are already seeing the games as a serious business, introduction of learning school might certainly drive things forward in that direction. From the developers’ point of view, it’s one of the easiest things to bring into the game, as they could make use of their previous work in Scania TDS with newer assets.

Personally I’m not hyped up about multiplayer but I’d love to see driving school included.
mackintosh

#4933 Post by mackintosh » 18 Apr 2021 12:01

They are a waste of time when it’s almost been a decade and the game still doesn’t have the basics. I’m not against any improvements, I welcome them all, but not at the cost of fundamental functionality.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#4934 Post by Mohegan13 » 18 Apr 2021 12:31

I wasn't aware long haul drivers did many multi-drops. I thought that was more the day drivers, in which case it wouldn't be a priority since the game is aimed at long haul.

TBH I don't care about multi-drop, I'd rather have all the trailers updated and own-able.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
xXCARL1992Xx

#4935 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Apr 2021 12:33

even long haul companies do multiple loads if they are on the way and the trailer isnt full loaded or else they would wast cargo space for nothing and the US is big enough to use this opportunity
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
galimim

#4936 Post by galimim » 18 Apr 2021 12:47

Long haul companies want to fill up the truck as much as they can. You usually reserve place in length (usually depends on the pallet number you want transported) and you need to tell them the weight so they dont go over the limit. After that the transport company will fill up the rest of the space on the truck and try to fill the truck for the return trip.
There are services that you post the size of you load and origin and destination with the price you are offering. Example is https://www.timocom.co.uk/ When you post your cargo, transport companies will call you to get some details about pickup and delivery times and try to negotiate the price a bit.
The price of the transport depends on how much truck you fill up and how far you are taking the cargo.

At least that is how the company I work for handles shipments of our products.
ETS2:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
ATS:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
Skoot

#4937 Post by Skoot » 18 Apr 2021 13:50

Regarding game features: I wholly agree with all of the @xXCARL1992Xx's points, but I don't feel right bumping a dock with my trailer doors closed. I mean, it's a very minor complaint and I can totally live with it, but it's still a bit odd.
xyzan

#4938 Post by xyzan » 18 Apr 2021 14:08

I think that driving to dock with door closed is better than park trailer to unload next to the wall or fence(where there is completely no possibility for anyone to unload it there)
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#4939 Post by Mohegan13 » 18 Apr 2021 14:11

If you're dropping the trailer it doesn't really matter. Most companies have shunters to move trailers around as needed.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
supersobes
Global moderator

#4940 Post by supersobes » 18 Apr 2021 14:14

Some trailers such as flatbeds and curtainsiders can also be loaded from the side, so parking them against the wall/fence could be realistic.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”