SCS General Discussion Thread

Bedavd

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#5501 Post by Bedavd » 07 May 2021 21:44

F4R35 wrote: 07 May 2021 21:08 So, is the reskin coming with 1.41?
It seems like we might get the first phase with 1.41, but it's not confirmed yet. SCS didn't mention if it would or not so we can't be sure but we can be hopeful.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
danbywinby

#5502 Post by danbywinby » 07 May 2021 21:46

eonellivlem wrote: 07 May 2021 21:11 Maybe after all the base game and Going east is reskinned, they can rework some of the depots and maybe give the base map some unique companies.
Reworking the base map depots would be amazing zing and would massively improve the base map IMO also they've basically already proven that this is possible by reworking all of the truck dealers in one of the previous updates a short while ago.
xXCARL1992Xx

#5503 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 07 May 2021 21:46

if they showed it now we can pretty much say 1.41 should be the first update to contain some of the rework done
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
plykkegaard

#5504 Post by plykkegaard » 07 May 2021 22:45

abasstreppas wrote: 07 May 2021 21:26 ... none of those cities have got an overhaul that even meets Vive la France "low" standard. Also nothing has been done to the environment around Autobahn/b-roads, except maybe a little in the last addition.
You can follow an almost direct line from GTS to ETS2 and the old parts in Germany and Austria

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Sora

#5505 Post by Sora » 08 May 2021 00:36

mackintosh wrote: 07 May 2021 15:58 I will always prefer ETS2 over ATS, but there's no doubt in my mind that ATS is the better of the two. I don't know what the problem is with ETS2 mapping and art teams, but their ATS counterparts consistently release better content. I had hoped Iberia would have narrowed the gap, but it did not, and this California rebuild is looking better already.
I can think of a handful of reasons why this might be the case, although I don't know if any of them are true.
  • With ATS being the less popular game, it's more important for them to attract attention with quality maps, because they ultimately want people to be invested in both products
  • Related to the above, ATS cannot generally rely upon modders as a crutch in the same way that ETS2 often can, forcing SCS to do much of the work themselves
  • ATS state DLC tends to be much smaller and more compact, which may result in individual areas being given more attention because both developers and testers have less ground to cover
  • Because ATS takes place in a single country, they've been given half a decade to learn the specifics of that one country really well (compared to ETS2, where countries are rarely relevant for longer than a single DLC)
If I had to guess, though, I'd bet on the last one. Early ATS was really rocky, but around the time they got to Oregon/Washington (which was several years in) they'd finally gotten a really good grasp of how to make an enjoyable and believable American map.
FrancescoMasci

#5506 Post by FrancescoMasci » 08 May 2021 05:10

Ats made two huge steps which the rescale and with the release of New Mexico (I still find it amazing).
From then on it improved so much that it has been a pain to drive through certain areas (especially SoCal).

However, to me Iberia is amazing and having been in Spain and Portugal I find it almost perfect. It only lacks a few coastal routes, but those I’m sure will be added.
Bandit & The Snowman

#5507 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 08 May 2021 08:18

Sora wrote: 08 May 2021 00:36
  • With ATS being the less popular game, it's more important for them to attract attention with quality maps, because they ultimately want people to be invested in both products
That seems to be slightly far-fetched as they could just use the same high standards on ETS2 which has a way larger player base and will thus generate much more revenue if a DLC’s quality is good — and guess what, that’s what they do. It doesn’t feel to me like they’re throwing the same budget at both games, forcing them to get them on par as quickly as possible.
  • Related to the above, ATS cannot generally rely upon modders as a crutch in the same way that ETS2 often can, forcing SCS to do much of the work themselves
I’m not sure if you read the mod section a lot. There are so many mods around for ATS that I wouldn’t know where to begin installing. Since we’re talking about maps especially, not all ATS map mods have that high standard that ETS2’s beacon project ProMods shows (but at least they have had a great start with Canada), still the possibilities with ATS map combos are vast to say the least.
Truckdrivr

#5508 Post by Truckdrivr » 08 May 2021 10:25

they may not be throwing the same budget at the games (which is far-fecthed too) but if its the case like you say, then ATS team just know how to economise with what they got much more efficient than ETS2 team. Its pretty clear ATS is 2 steps ahead of ETS2 when it comes to maps, trailers (huge variety in axle configs, lenghts), trucks (quality/accuaracy) prefabs, company prefabs, world detail, cargo/logistics sense, you actually deliver stuff to revelevant depots/companies, where as ETS2 everything is picked up and delivered to the same square fenced warehouse basically.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
Bandit & The Snowman

#5509 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 08 May 2021 13:27

Ha, if you think ATS’s cargo realism is better than ETS2’s, there are a few people that will tell you a story or two.
55sixxx

#5510 Post by 55sixxx » 08 May 2021 13:43

Truckdrivr wrote: 08 May 2021 10:25 Its pretty clear ATS is 2 steps ahead of ETS2 when it comes to maps, trailers (huge variety in axle configs, lenghts), trucks (quality/accuaracy) prefabs, company prefabs, world detail, cargo/logistics sense, you actually deliver stuff to revelevant depots/companies
Maps - Definitely no, they're both at the same level... Especially with Iberia, RttBS and BtBS.
Trailers - Do you really wanna compare them ?? ATS variety when compared to ETS2 is quite small... Just saying. (But is not good to compare it since they're completely different from each other)
Trucks - This point you're right. Only three ETS2 trucks are in good quality and accuracy.
Company prefabs - Also no... It might be the case with the base map but definitely not with recent expansions.
World detail - Just look at RttBS and Iberia and they'll speak for themselves. (BtBS and Scandinavia don't fall too far behind... Especially with the views and sights you can have while driving in Norway) (Worth noting that Scandinavia is older than ATS and is still better than ATS base map)
Cargo/Logistics Sense - Both games are equal.
Deliver points - In ETS2 you deliver stuff to realistic places depending in what cargo you're hauling. (same goes to where you pick them up)

So, much like a zombie who has been eaten from the wait down, you sir, have no legs to stand on.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”