SCS General Discussion Thread

Tarso
Beta tester

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#7491 Post by Tarso » 24 Jun 2021 22:56

How about in the mean time we ask AMD to support SCS games with FSR, they have this survey that we fill our 3 favorites games for them to contact the developers

"What are your three favorite PC games that you’d like to see support AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution? Let us know, as AMD is looking for feedback on the top titles to potentially add FSR to."
https://explore.amd.com/en/technologies ... ion/survey
Some newbie driver

#7492 Post by Some newbie driver » 24 Jun 2021 23:23

There's some topics about that in the wishlist sub-forum, @Tarso.

@bumbumek we can't do nothing but speculate how many people purchased Iberia DLC (we both will agre on a lot of people, for sure; but only SCS know if enough and/or the expected amount). On the other hand, if it's still selling at a good rate, there's no reason to discount it (have you ever see a company to do discounts on a best seller?). Not to mention that it appeared as the same price than recent years other DLCs despite:
A- Having A LOT more content in road extension.
B- The inflation that makes every year the same price to be cheaper.

You will have to wait because they already are selling it at a way more adjusted price than previous DLC.

Regards
CodArk2

#7493 Post by CodArk2 » 25 Jun 2021 00:40

I see some are mentioning Steam Summer sale but haven't seen anyone mention the sale price drops seen in this sale so I will.

All of this is based on USD.

ETS2 hasn't seen any price drops this time around.

ATS on the other hand had a number of DLCs drop in sale price:
States:
Utah has dropped from 30% off to 50% off and now costs $5.99 which is the same Washington costs.
Idaho has dropped from 10% off to 33% off and now costs $8.03.
Colorado dropped form 10% off to 25% off and now costs $8.99.

Cargo:
Forest Machinery has dropped from 30% off to 50% off and now costs $2.49
Note: with he drop in Forest Machinery, the Exceptional Cargo Bundle is now $3.82 if you really want to get all cargo packs and save some money:
https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/9 ... go_Bundle/

Accessories:
Cabin Accessories has dropped from 10% off to 25% off and now costs $2.99
Goodyear Tires Pack wasn't on sale before but is now 10% off and now costs $2.69.

It does seem that SCS or Steam/Valve changed things with newer DLCs, because previously they would go 10% then 30% then 50% then 70% off, with it taking 3 months to go to 10% off, 6 to go to 30% off, a year to go to 50% off, and 2 years or so to go to 70% off for map DLCs (cargo, tuning, accessories and paint jobs apparently have a different price drop routine). So Iberia not having a sale yet doesn't surprise me because it has been out less than 3 months. The map DLC that did surprise me was Idaho which stayed at 10% off until this saleNow its 33% off, and Colorado is 25% off. I don't remember seeing 33 and 25 percent off rates for SCS map DLCs. If they changed the rate of sale discount rates then it may be that the newer DLCs will get discounts differently than in the past or more slowly.
Sora

#7494 Post by Sora » 25 Jun 2021 20:50

bumbumek wrote: 24 Jun 2021 22:51 I understand that, but majority of players already bought it, so regular and full income passed. Now only those who hesitate or are undecided will buy it in the future (or not buy it). Let's say, 20% discount would encourage me to buy Iberia now. Can I wait and play another months without it? Sure I can.
This may be true short-term, but what happens long-term?

If SCS establishes that DLCs drop in price quickly, it might lead to an increase in people waiting for price drops for future DLCs. (This isn't speculation, either: I have actively done this for ETS2 DLCs before.) This doesn't really work to their benefit: someone who waits for a price drop is inherently paying less, and is also more likely to forget about the purchase and either end up buying it even later or passing on it altogether. This isn't really a trend you want to incentivize people towards, and the maps that are already discounted provide both games with a more-than-sufficient base map to get started with.

I'd personally have probably tossed out a pity "technically a discount" 10% or something, but eh.
xXCARL1992Xx

#7495 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Jun 2021 20:58

even the 10% shouldnt be done but at the end it is SCS decision what will be discounted and what not, i just saw NieR Replicant™ ver.1.22474487139... discounted 25% and the game is only 2 month old, but with Square Enix behind it as publishers and the "hype" about it, it also sold 10x if not even 100x more then Iberia i bet :rofl:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
mackintosh

#7496 Post by mackintosh » 25 Jun 2021 22:29

Publishers tend to do most of their full price sales in the first two weeks of release. It might be different for niche DLC though, and that's perhaps why SCS have elected not to discount Iberia just yet.
Avi

#7497 Post by Avi » 26 Jun 2021 18:25

CodArk2 wrote: 25 Jun 2021 00:40 If they changed the rate of sale discount rates then it may be that the newer DLCs will get discounts differently than in the past or more slowly.
I suggested these price drops and Pavel agreed to them. I know, it's on a bit different level, I just didn't want to have Idaho in the same discount level as Colorado as CO was released later, 33% off for Colorado is still too much for now.
Sora wrote: 25 Jun 2021 20:50 If SCS establishes that DLCs drop in price quickly, it might lead to an increase in people waiting for price drops for future DLCs.
Exactly. People already do it, and that's fine. We don't want to do deep discounts early, so you either buy it full-price or get semi-regular price drops and discounts every 6 weeks, as often as Steam allows us (plus special occasions like global Steam sales, a special publisher sale etc.).

Iberia will eventually get to 10% off but not yet. It was a very costly DLC to make, it's much larger than any of our other DLCs, and its regular price is the same as other map expansions, so there are good reasons for keeping the full price for now.
gaillard

#7498 Post by gaillard » 26 Jun 2021 18:29

A definitely reasonable position . ;)
plykkegaard

#7499 Post by plykkegaard » 26 Jun 2021 18:31

Thanks Timmy

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Avi

#7500 Post by Avi » 26 Jun 2021 18:34

ATS Special Transport was at 50% off, now at 70% off.

Also, ETS2 got some price drops.

Actros Tuning Pack - 30% -> 50% (was at 30% for a year)
FH Tuning Pack - 10% -> 30% (released a year ago)
ETS2 Goodyear - 30% -> 50% (almost 2 years ago)
HS-Schoch - 10% -> 25% (lower price drop than for Super Stripes even when released earlier, in March 2020, as it's tuning so I wanted to differentiate it a bit)
Super Stripes - 10% -> 30% (released last September)

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”