SCS General Discussion Thread

harishw8r

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#4871 Post by harishw8r » 15 Apr 2021 16:12

Yeah, that would work.
Dan

#4872 Post by Dan » 15 Apr 2021 17:56

While we're at it, can we get a bed instead of a 3rd chair in the Magnum?
Sora

#4873 Post by Sora » 15 Apr 2021 18:38

mackintosh wrote: 15 Apr 2021 14:14 Well, technically an argument could be made that neither Volvo nor Western Star are properly represented yet. Volvo okayed an old model that was more or less feature complete before ATS even launched, and Western Star elbowed itself to the front of the line with a spectacular opportunity that you just cannot say no to, but with a model that isn't really intended for long distance highway work. So while we have both manufacturers in game, we don't have their flagship OTR models.
By extension, you could also argue that International should also have the LT considering that it's by far their most common truck on the road. Not that I'm complaining about any of these three trucks, mind; 49X was a great opportunity and has a ton of options, the LoneStar is (love it or hate it) probably the most unique-looking truck we're likely to see, and the old VNL is common enough on roads that I'm glad they could still salvage it (compared to the Freightliner, which was never released.)

Still, a new WS has always been the most likely outcome just because we knew they had something from the brand prior to the 49X (unless they were lying and/or the situation deteriorated). From there, I'd probably say that the VNL and LT should be the highest priority, although admittedly I'm probably not going to complain about whatever they can get their hands on.
mackintosh

#4874 Post by mackintosh » 15 Apr 2021 20:11

Lonestar was first seen as a Maya render before ATS launched, so when approaching Navistar I assume this was the model they talked about first. Seems to me it's also the one SCS specifically asked for. Maybe if and when the LT does come Oscar will be able to tell us a little about it.
howey

#4875 Post by howey » 16 Apr 2021 00:52

Suprised no one has mentioned the old gen Cascadia. Even though it's not in production anymore. From what I believe is it still the most common model seen in NA and the fact that their was a model of it originally for ATS pre release could still make it a contender as well. Although there is a very slim chance of that happening now until SCS say something about it directly there is still the possibility of that model making it in game as well.

With the direction that SCS has gone with the truck releases atm alot of trucks that you thought were a write off originally are possible now imo.
SirVirgoTheMess

#4876 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 16 Apr 2021 00:54

@howey well,i would like the previous gen Cascadia.That,and the International 9900i(which i believe is also not in production anymore).
Add to that the Mack Pinnacle(this one) :
[ external image ]
Oscar
SCS Software

#4877 Post by Oscar » 16 Apr 2021 08:20

mackintosh wrote: 15 Apr 2021 20:11 Lonestar was first seen as a Maya render before ATS launched, so when approaching Navistar I assume this was the model they talked about first. Seems to me it's also the one SCS specifically asked for. Maybe if and when the LT does come Oscar will be able to tell us a little about it.
The LoneStar licensing was really before my time so I don't know any more than you guys :lol:
What I say is mostly accurate.

Don't check out my Steam Workshop mods because they are not updated anymore:
Realistic HD Dashboards
Realistic Dashboard Computers
howey

#4878 Post by howey » 16 Apr 2021 09:45

@Virgo91 I would'nt give up hope on those models as well entirely, still a possibility until said otherwise. Both the 9900i or Eagle as i know it and the Pinnacle were still in production until quite recently from what I recall?
mackintosh

#4879 Post by mackintosh » 16 Apr 2021 10:08

@Oscar Ah, but unlike us - you can find out ;)
Some newbie driver

#4880 Post by Some newbie driver » 16 Apr 2021 13:39

howey wrote: 16 Apr 2021 09:45@Virgo91 I would'nt give up hope on those models as well entirely, still a possibility until said otherwise.
We could hope that the stronger relationship SCS is building with some manufacturers and the increased interest of those by the video games as a media where to be showcased, could help someday to happen the possibility of a kind of classic trucks DLC.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”