SCS General Discussion Thread

SirVirgoTheMess

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#9601 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 15 Sep 2021 11:50

Either way,it's not a DLC nor an Open Beta,as some people expected.
Reis_6

#9602 Post by Reis_6 » 15 Sep 2021 13:27

As I understand it, this WoTr maintenance was to add live cattle loads to the WoTr jobs, it didn't have until today. I saw on twitter some account thanking SCS for this.
AlexxxF1

#9603 Post by AlexxxF1 » 15 Sep 2021 15:37

I haven't checked it yet, but this past week I think I did not see Live Cattle in external orders WoT. they could fix it.
Last edited by AlexxxF1 on 15 Sep 2021 15:55, edited 2 times in total.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#9604 Post by Mohegan13 » 15 Sep 2021 15:48

Aw was is not showing? In that case I retract my previous statement. The only WoTr Livestock jobs I have done involved an owned trailer. 😅
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
oldmanclippy

#9605 Post by oldmanclippy » 15 Sep 2021 16:12

IvanKuz wrote: 14 Sep 2021 19:29 I don't think it is done to appease players who find the old Trameri too challenging. I think it is done simply for the sake of realism.

Like you said, the old Trameri prefab depicts an old factory building. It is a small and rusty old factory - it looks like the depot of a relatively small local manufacturer that is unlikely to have branches in different countries or be massively involved in international logistics. It doesn't really fit the theme and scope of the game all that well, IMO. I'm not saying it doesn't belong in ETS2 at all, but I think it shouldn't be anywhere near as common as it currently is (19 prefabs including the soon-to-be-retired one in Lyon).

Moreover, this type of old factory is something you are more likely to find closer to historic city centers rather than in modern industrial areas on the outskirts with large warehouses. The old base map cities were done as generic urban areas that mixed both and didn't really correspond to real life very well. But cities in new DLCs (and rebuilt cities like Milan, Paris and now Lyon) are being mapped with a different, more realistic approach. The focus is more on industrial areas near ring roads (or outlying small towns) rather than dense urban zones (and rightfully so). It is entirely possible that the central part of Lyon that we currently have in the game is going to be reduced significantly in order to fit the highway bypass, leaving there to be simply neither space nor suitable context for the old Trameri to fit in.

For sure, when all cities are eventually rebuilt, there should still remain some places with more historic urban areas with old Trameris inside them. It's nice to have a few of these across the map as rare curiosities. But not 19 of them! Large warehouses in more modern industrial zones, as soulless as they might seem to you, should realistically take priority.
Agreed, it's all about putting the right depots in the right context. Look on Google Maps, and use a depot that matches the depot you are replicating. For ring road industrial zones, this usually means bigger warehouse-type depots. For city-centers, this means archaic challenging alleys/lots.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
AntonioMart

#9606 Post by AntonioMart » 15 Sep 2021 17:33

Will be added french "Angles Morts" sticker?

This sticker is required for all buses and trucks in France and is sticks in certain places on the truck and trailer it is also sticks to trucks from other European countries for travel to France.

[ external image ]
Jatruck

#9607 Post by Jatruck » 15 Sep 2021 17:37

What a good command. My feet are very grateful since I discovered it long ago: :D ;)

[ external image ]
Queentruckeruk

#9608 Post by Queentruckeruk » 15 Sep 2021 17:39

Why is speed limt 60 mph in uk for.

I real life trucks are limited to 55 or 56 not 60 mph class 1

Class 2 trucks 50mph

Class 3 or overweight 30mph.
xXCARL1992Xx

#9609 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 15 Sep 2021 17:41

the speed limiter is 90km/h, it has nothing to do with reginal limits, trucks are hard limit because of EU Law and the UK has to live with it now
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Queentruckeruk

#9610 Post by Queentruckeruk » 15 Sep 2021 17:47

Uk needs a lot rework like all the signs etc and ferry ports and every cities look like a kid make it lol

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”