SCS General Discussion Thread

galimim

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#7501 Post by galimim » 26 Jun 2021 18:38

Timmy wrote: 26 Jun 2021 18:25 Iberia will eventually get to 10% off but not yet. It was a very costly DLC to make, it's much larger than any of our other DLCs, and its regular price is the same as other map expansions, so there are good reasons for keeping the full price for now.
If you can tell us, why was it so costly?
ETS2:
Real Tires Mod
Search for Drivetrain Revision mods!
Truck fix doctor
ATS:
Real Tires Mod
Truck fix doctor
parasaurolophus67

#7502 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 26 Jun 2021 18:39

possibly because of how huge this project was. Even some of the roads that were planned aren't in yet. so maybe thats why
Some newbie driver

#7503 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Jun 2021 19:36

galimim wrote: 26 Jun 2021 18:38If you can tell us, why was it so costly?
Consider how much time it had been in development until released. Compare it with other previous DLC and that will show you a clearly difference already. I'm not even considering the lot of extra detail they had put in the DLC; let's say that's their showing us the continuous improvement in their abilities. But we had around 25.000km of roads while previous DLCs were around 14.000km. Such difference needs to be at the cost of lots of extra work ours of people that will have to be payed. Just to start with. And as they decided to keep the same price (really, I always guessed it was going to be more expensive, that surprised me a lot); that means they had to sell more copies to have the profit they want.

Whatever, thanks @Timmy for sharing that kind of insight. Isn't usual that companies explain that kind of decisions to their customers. I hope SCS is having the sales they wanted or more, that will be more than deserved.

Regards
TheTiger

#7504 Post by TheTiger » 26 Jun 2021 19:53

Super Stripes is mine now! Thanks Timmy.
Ludo Diabolo

#7505 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 26 Jun 2021 20:07

It's very rare for a video game company to talk to its customers about this, which just goes to show what an honorable company SCS is.

But now I personally prefer to take a product right away, because this is clearly how we really thank your work ;) .

And I also think that the sales are good for those who want to start playing, because this figure also continues to rise, just in my circle, I encouraged 4 new players to test, and play your game.

Some of them didn't even know about ATS, now they do :D .
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
galimim

#7506 Post by galimim » 26 Jun 2021 20:44

Some newbie driver wrote: 26 Jun 2021 19:36
galimim wrote: 26 Jun 2021 18:38If you can tell us, why was it so costly?
Consider how much time it had been in development until released. Compare it with other previous DLC and that will show you a clearly difference already. I'm not even considering the lot of extra detail they had put in the DLC; let's say that's their showing us the continuous improvement in their abilities. But we had around 25.000km of roads while previous DLCs were around 14.000km. Such difference needs to be at the cost of lots of extra work ours of people that will have to be payed. Just to start with. And as they decided to keep the same price (really, I always guessed it was going to be more expensive, that surprised me a lot); that means they had to sell more copies to have the profit they want.

Whatever, thanks @Timmy for sharing that kind of insight. Isn't usual that companies explain that kind of decisions to their customers. I hope SCS is having the sales they wanted or more, that will be more than deserved.

Regards
I haven't really been following the development of Idaho closely so I had no idea about the larger size. Cheers for the info.
ETS2:
Real Tires Mod
Truck fix doctor
ATS:
Real Tires Mod
Truck fix doctor
Some newbie driver

#7507 Post by Some newbie driver » 26 Jun 2021 23:44

Well, we had bits of info about some people in SCS working on it something like 2 years before the release. Also it was the DLC for which we had teased images of map zones (in a very advanced stage): sooner than ever (it was when they decided to unveil next DLC at Christmas event instead of teasing and hiding all the year as usual). And as we all know, after so many years of one map DLC per ytear cycle always at the end of the year; this one released like 4 months later. Even if the light changes were part of the reason, no doubt they had to finish a work that was way more huge than previous DLC.

They really go big and I think they don't expect to be so difficult.
Esproquet

#7508 Post by Esproquet » 27 Jun 2021 09:14

Can of worms opening in 3, 2, 1...

So, with the upcoming Russian DLC, what's left for SCS to continue afterwards? Belarus should be a sensible approach, Ireland and the Balcans as well along some update on previous launches (Iberian-related islands, Malta...).

But I was thinking in Ukraine and all this Russian fuss. I know the company is better off apolitical in certain aspects, but the Eastern Europe region is not precisely a calm place right now and some members in this community may not feel confortable with certain decisions, especially since the Crimean annexation and the war in Eastern Ukraine with no clear resolution in the near future.

What do you think SCS stance should be in this aspect?
mackintosh

#7509 Post by mackintosh » 27 Jun 2021 09:27

We’ll cross that bridge when we get there, no need to discuss it now.
Esproquet

#7510 Post by Esproquet » 27 Jun 2021 09:31

I'm sure this is something on SCS mind right now, they need to plan their course of action within some years.

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”