SCS General Discussion Thread

Reis_6

Re: SCS General Discussion Thread

#7341 Post by Reis_6 » 18 Jun 2021 22:49

Trying to change the subject a bit and talk about Convoy/WoTr mode, I have the following thoughts:

1-There is Trucksbook with the dispatcher service where you can create your jobs. This is great for VTC's.

2-Morrelo, who is on staff, or was, at SCS, is on staff at Trucksbook as well.

3-Pavel has already said in some previous streams that the intention to use World of Trucks with Convoy is great, so I have mega hype about this.

4-My downside with World of Trucks: The system who generating the jobs is quite outdated, having a lot of Empty Pallets and Used Packages. Transporting gravel from Finland to Italy does not sounds nice...

Anyway, with the thoughts of points 1 to 3 and the negative of point 4, to optimize this, there would only be one way: Implement the Trucksbook dispatcher system in Convoy mode with a integration with World of Trucks.
I can't see an improvement in the WoTr freight system other than you can create your own route, also for own trailer... That is, I can go from one state to another/country to another with a material and return with masterpiece, or specialize a company that only transports grains, another that only transports building materials, another that only transports heavy machinery and so on. It would be far better for us to have full dominion over the jobs in the World of Trucks than the way it is now totally random and meaningless.

PS: I would post this in the topic of 1.41 Open Beta, but since it is geared towards the 2 games and about a tool that exists in both, I decided to post it here to see if it makes any noise and have a better range...
55sixxx

#7342 Post by 55sixxx » 18 Jun 2021 23:02

Some sort of integration between Convoy and WoTR would be nice, plus, the dispatch feature would be a good way to work around the issue of only finding Empty Pallets, Used Plastics and Used Packaging to haul. The lack of cargo for certain types of trailers would also be way smaller than it is currently. And to be honest, the more focus SCS gives to WoTR, the better.... Offline cargo market is good to have when you're offline and/or have connection issues but it shouldn't be their main focus.
Graf_Boinenn

#7343 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 19 Jun 2021 03:04

@Reis_6 I always thought of WoTr as the tool from SCS to handle the VTCs. I think the idea is go to the Truckbook style, but of course with SCS style.

Also, WoTr is in Alpha state so... let's see what happens for Beta and final release.
Bandit & The Snowman

#7344 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 19 Jun 2021 08:01

I prefer „First stage“ instead of “Alpha”. I wonder if Morrelo being a staff member at Trucksbook means anything in connection with a similar functionality for WoTr…
Madkine
Global moderator

#7345 Post by Madkine » 19 Jun 2021 08:51

Call it what you want, the website states 'Alpha'.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
harishw8r

#7346 Post by harishw8r » 19 Jun 2021 08:52

Can someone please elucidate on how Trucksbook works? I didn’t understand much from the website info (or I’m not looking at the right content).
F4R35

#7347 Post by F4R35 » 19 Jun 2021 09:13

Read the Wiki Everything you want to know is there!
"Expectations are the thief of Joy"
Some newbie driver

#7348 Post by Some newbie driver » 19 Jun 2021 09:25

@Reis_6 what we have now are (truck) driving games, not logistic simulators. The whole cargo system needs an overhaul and the map should also had to change significantly for that shift to happen, independently if the game has or not multiplayer now or WoTr since a time ago.

Point is there was no reason to do that overhaul when the game lacked a lot of kind of industries or logistic connections (and still lacks several key ones). They keep adding that kind of things with every new map DLC, although there's some steps back too. For example, in Iberia they had added one specialized company hat only dispatch glass; a cargo that before was very rare to find and always without any context. Now if one wants to "role" to be a glass dispatcher, one knows where to go. But in other hand, the dispatch of fuel to petrol stations was lost after Italy DLC (I had hopes they add it to Germany once fully reworked, as its petrol stations company is defined as capable in the game files; but its not active).

In most cases what we have now is just a mix of companies in order to have variety of routes from, every source; but that doesn't reflect realistic logistic relationships and flows like there would be IRL.

At some point, hopefully they will finally address that part. In the meantime, pallets, packages... they are wildcards, cargoes that fit so many places that help them create routes. If we are talking about realism, I rather that kind of cargoes than deliver heavy haulage, bulk or tankers from/to a regular logistic warehouse suited to dispatch only paletized cargo.

Regards
Truckdrivr

#7349 Post by Truckdrivr » 19 Jun 2021 14:30

Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
parasaurolophus67

#7350 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 19 Jun 2021 14:33

I really like the dam pictures :0

Return to “Offtopic and other voices”