It's high time SCS dominated the VR-coach-bus sim area of the market, too.

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
defterosman

It's high time SCS dominated the VR-coach-bus sim area of the market, too.

#1 Post by defterosman » 27 Jan 2021 11:13

Hi, fellow ETS2 developers, truckers and all,
I know the SCS staff is very busy offering us unceasingly updates, new features and new exciting DLCs for ETS2.
But I also see that all the "big" bus-sim publishing companies fail again and again to implement VR support on their sims. Unlike ETS2, they keep announcing "new versions" ever unable to add VR support. Obviously, they lack the knowledge and resources to do so. We are really tired of them, therefore I suggest that along with the development of ETS2, you should consider seriously developing a new VR coach-bus sim, that so many of us ETS2 fans long for.
With so many new HD VR-headsets coming out and begging to be used in sims, rest assured that if you decide to go for it, you will have our support all the way.
Ludo Diabolo

Re: It's high time SCS dominated the VR-coach-bus sim area of the market, too.

#2 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 27 Jan 2021 15:30

personally, I would not follow, the truck games OK it is their domain, but I don't see why SCS should deviate from it's competences ! ! !
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
defterosman

#3 Post by defterosman » 27 Jan 2021 18:47

Being myself the author of "Greece3/Santorini 1:1" map for ETS2 and a staunch fan of ETS2, naturally, I would be the last person on earth to ask SCS to give-up developing further ETS2 and ATS or take up something else at the expense of ETS2/ATS development. However I don't see why such a very experienced and successful group like SCS, with such a huge knowledge base and a very respectable market-status, should not consider extending their business to an as yet largely unexploited market (in fact, twofold market: VR + Coach_bus sims), and all the more so when those who were supposed to develop something like that, i.e. the bus-sim publishing companies appear to be incapable of doing so.

Of course, just as with everything else in life, not everybody follows everything and certainly the bus-sim publishing companies and their promoters and supporters wouldn't be very happy at the prospect of SCS developing a VR coach-bus sim, but the fittest survives and facts are facts: one has only to look at the number of the coach-bus mods made for ETS2 by modders from all over the world, to realize the hidden potential in that field.

Finally, to those fellow ETS2-truckers who haven't yet tried VR out, I say that they are very lucky indeed: for had they tried VR out, the vast majority of them could have never gone back to ordinary flat screens. VR-simming could simply be defined as having a totally immersive and very exciting dream on demand.
We, VR enthusiasts, are really grateful and indebted to SCS for their having added native VR support to their sims.
Northern Star

#4 Post by Northern Star » 25 Aug 2021 17:34

I for one would love to see buses added to ATS for I use to drive Greyhound & Trailways buses a long time ago. There are several bus clubs in the U.S. that would play this game if there was buses added. Some clubs out there actually have some of their members wear either Greyhound or Trailways uniforms at some of their shows. If that's not dedicated then I don't know what is. :lol: I have seen other bus simulator games out there. None of them can match the graphics of ATS and ETS. If I knew how to make a bus mod for this game, I would.

Return to “SCS Blog and Websites”