As a fan of SCS since 2016, I am content, yet I will be very critical when I feel the need. Most here see me all over the ATS forum posting. I'll tell it like it is. Good or bad. Agree with me or not. Dislike me or not, I will provide my 2 cents regardless. I predominately play ATS 95% of the time. 1.40 actually gave them an extra point from me. Not because of the lighting but because of 4x2 and 4x8. I could never figure out why ATS was being left behind when both ATS and ETS2 got Heavy Haul in 2017. ATS only had 4 trucks, yes. But 2 of those 4 are 8x4's now and the other 2 have 4x2's. I just couldn't get pass the neglect. No dev bothered to say anything on the matter. I felt like it was a slap to ATS fans for several years until now. So I give them a 8.
Why do I give them a 8:
1) no such thing as a perfect 10 in my book so 9 is the highest I can rate personally.
2) I am about ICCs. For those that don't see my post, ICC's is my abbreviation for new industry's, cargo and companies. ICC's should be more of a focus and its not. The point of trucking is move cargo from point A to B. You need industries to haul cargo to and from. You need companies to deliver that cargo to and from. All three are in very short supply in ATS. The game is getting too large to be so limited.
3) game constantly updated. Major plus. No new base map to buy every year. Buy once, its updated for life.
4) gameplay means a lot more to me than visuals. Before 1.40, the games looked pretty decent to me and now they are taking it to another level. I was even okay graphic wise with DX9 for me as the full time render. Things will only keep improving.
5) ATS is now a platform to grow from. A lot more support for ATS is in place now. The number of map teams has more than doubled and its still only the beginning. The ball is really just starting to roll. Still a lot more catch up to its big brother though
6) since 2018, I think SCS communicates a lot more with the community. They have opened up on social media to let fans know a bit more of what they are doing before releases. This is a very positive PR move. They even pulled in the community to help with research. They can't do it along and they finally realized this and opened up threads to help them. Feedback is very helpful to any dev that wants to improve their product.
7) I don't expect perfection so things like AA, not so great sounds and not a true simulator does not weigh heavy on me. I can look beyond things like this.
8) cheap dlc's and a very affordable hobby. I can buy (1) pizza for the price of (1) dlc. I will have the dlc for the life of the game. Pizza, I have to buy again and again and again just to get the same satisfaction. (1) PS or Xbox game cost $60 USD. That is (5) dlc's at $11.99 for me. That is just considering map dlc's. There are less expensive dlc's that upgrade the game as well.
For sound, it fixable with a mod. Not a true sim....the game is constantly evolving so many new features will come over the years ahead. Missing trailer types, truck washes, MP, functional weigh stations, multi drop....just to name a few. Some of this is in the works, some could come later. There is always something big developed every year. Same thing with AA. That too can be fixed but none of this takes away from the gameplay for me. Apparently if you are here, you support the games and play them because you are satisfied believe it or not. Would you like things better, sure, we all would. Stick around for it though. You made it this far so don't just vanish.
The comment about about bad FFB, my advise...upgrade the wheel. I get a ton of feedback with my Thrustmaster T300 GT RS and I am completely satisfied. I had to drastically lower the feed back settings because they are so strong. Tons of settings to tune it. Much much better than the G27 I upgraded from. So the FFB is not on SCS, its the hardware. The better your hardware, the better the response.
If SCS is to get a 9 out of me, fix ICCs. In ATS, ICC's should have been doubled by now. Double the cargo and double the companies at the least. They may not be able to double the industries just yet. We need more map for some industries to come so that part is understandable. Be more innovative with features and functions of the game. Truck washes, weigh stations... they are in the game. Please make them valid and functional. Multi drop, better weather system, seasons, missing trailer types (step deck, curtain sider, Kentucky, livestock, more realistic car hauler, bring the moon back...just to name a few. It all takes time and I understand. But the more that is added and upgraded, the better. At this point, I can give fractional points for everything added. Heck even a rating of 9 can get fractional points from me but I can't give a 10.0
Last edited by flight50
on 08 Apr 2021 23:56, edited 1 time in total.