[Poll] SCS Unofficial Satisfaction Survey

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how satisfied are you about SCS' recent announcements, content...?

10 (Very satisfied)
26%
24%
24%
11%
6 (Neutral)
9%
2%
2%
No votes
2%
1 (Very unsatisfied)
2%

Total votes: 66

FawnPrince

[Poll] SCS Unofficial Satisfaction Survey

#1 Post by FawnPrince » 03 Feb 2021 15:40

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if it is because I have spent more time than usual on the forum recently, but I feel like the community is getting more and more discontent and frustrated regarding SCS' decisions and 'lack of new content'. This, in turn, seems to greatly impact the general morale of the community.

I know there is the usual whining which happens to all game developer studios, but since the release of fmod, there seems to be a lot more of it as well as complaints and negative thoughts about the games. It's not as bad as some games but I'm worried about the community as a whole...

So I thought we should do a survey to see the general morale of the community towards both games. This survey could eventually be reiterated every so often in order to have a better overview on the morale.

PS: There is no 0 option for the poll because I can't put more than 10 choices :/

Results of previous polls (Hover on the black square to see):
Poll 1: From 3/2/2021 to 8/4/2021
Nbr of participants: 157

Score | Nbr of votes
10 | 47
9 | 40
8 | 36
7 | 15
6 | 10
5 | 2
4 | 1
3 | 3
2 | 2
1 | 1

Avg: 8.35
Last edited by FawnPrince on 12 Apr 2021 09:30, edited 8 times in total.
rookie_one

Re: Negative morale in the community

#2 Post by rookie_one » 03 Feb 2021 16:03

To be fair, on my side i'm pretty satisfied, but I also understand that the lack of content is due to circumstance out of their control : COVID

At least unlike certain other devs, SCS is pretty transparent about the whole schmuck
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
FawnPrince

Re: How satisfied are you with SCS?

#3 Post by FawnPrince » 03 Feb 2021 20:04

It is true that SCS is one of the most humble and honest studios in the industry, which is why they deserve my loyalty.
Despite all the recent hardships, SCS has been able to make a lot with that new lighting system. It still has room for improvement but overall, it is a game changer along with the fifth wheel being patched which truly is the cherry on top.
Roadkill

#4 Post by Roadkill » 03 Feb 2021 23:28

Working from home for me was much more productive and comfortable than being in the office (slippers and pipe with a cat in the lap), time saved included getting ready for work traveling to and from work which easily could be 4 hours a day. I worked when I was rested and relaxed, ate healthier than at work, didn't have to pay for transportation costs or spend time stuck in traffic. If we needed group meetings we used video conferencing. Company wins included not having to pay for office space, desk, chair etc. Being able to draw from a much larger pool of talent is another benefit. Shortage of designers or coders in Prague? No problem contract one from
( insert country name here). So win/win. I don't see why Covid needs to cause slowdowns for coders and graphic designers who should be working from home anyway.
---- Rockies Back. This time HE'S at the wheel. Look out stoopid hoomans.
Ludo Diabolo

#5 Post by Ludo Diabolo » 03 Feb 2021 23:37

I put 9, it and clear that for a developer like SCS the game is pretty good overall, and SCS never let go of the community, which for me makes them a humble developer, and a good listener.

What seems essential to me nowadays to succeed in a video game, then must we say how many developers offers the chance, to mod creators or a community to be part of their development workforce?

All this combined, + the fact that SCS still surprises us even 8 years after the release of ETS2, the monitoring, dialogue and listening to players, that's what ! ! ! !
ETS2:promods + Middle-East Add-On + TGS / ATS:promods Canada

SORRY MY ENGLISH, I'M FRENCH.
defterosman

#6 Post by defterosman » 07 Feb 2021 06:17

IMHO there is an objective criterion to judge this: How many hours one spends on SCS's sims and as far as I'm concerned almost all my daily simming time is devoted to their sims.
Additionally, had I not been absolutely satisfied with SCS I could have never found the courage, the 3-months/8-hours per day time, and the enormous devotion and effort that the creation of my "Greece3-Santorini" map called for.
SCS's sims - from "Bus Driver" back in time to 18WOS, to GTS and UKTS, to ETS, ATS, ETS2 is what we grew up with and all these, along with whatever SCS will develop next, is what we'll keep living with, period.
pigbrother

#7 Post by pigbrother » 07 Feb 2021 06:44

I give them an 8, maybe it would have been a 7 but their commitment to long term development and improvement deserves an extra point.

One one hand, I'm pretty happy with their content, and the way they are slowly raising the bar for mapping, and the improvements on the audio/graphics front. Maybe is not always as fast or as great as we wish, but they are working on it.

On the other hand I am pretty bummed by the lack of attention for details that should have been fixed a long time ago. One example might be the 5ft wheel position on the ETS2 trucks (that was fixed in 1.40 after so many years). But how about the torque curves for a lotta engines from ETS2, is pretty sad they are not done after so many years when is a 2-3 days job for one man (including information gathering, otherwise is a 4 hours job). New Actros got illuminated door buttons 5 years after the lauch thanks to a betatester who insisted for it. And there are many such minor things that could be easily fixed. :(
I have approximate knowledge of many things
FawnPrince

#8 Post by FawnPrince » 07 Feb 2021 09:10

Some issues are more complicated to fix than what most outsiders can think of (myself included).

Taking the subject of fifth wheel issues, I'm actually surprised that it got fixed because of what Max said previously.
Max wrote: 03 Jan 2021 19:57 the issue is known a will be handled in future, hopefully.

[...] it is historical inaccuracy that is now baked in all trucks (and trailers). it is not easily solvable without breaking lot of other things (we tried).
when there will be some feature or redesign that will lead us to reiterate models of all trucks (and trailers) it will be ideal moment to include this fix as well. currently it would be just lot of work without real effect - minor visual glitch is incomparable to related behavior issues.
It's great that SCS is communicating sufficiently to help us clear the haze out on what is happening under the hood.
TheTiger

#9 Post by TheTiger » 07 Feb 2021 11:39

I'm in neutral position... and I will explain why.

There is a lot of major problems in this game and is looking like they don't care at the moment because is the hard work to do and focus in other things (that may can wait imo) or the process is too slow and feels like this way.

First thing is the horrible AA that is implemented. And now, with the new light system, there is more jagger edges, or maybe the same as before but more visible right now.

Secondly, they don't care about the current force feedback that we have for our steering wheels. I'm forced to use the FFB plugin made by a modder because it is closesly to the reality (unfortunately not perfect but still more realitic than SCS)

Also, the game should be ported to multi-core instead staying in the mono-core.

Physic engine also needs an upgrade because it's the main feature of the game. We need things like ABS & ESP since the wet roads now is fixed. Also, tyres should behave like a tyre and not like a solid, as it is right now.

Another subject is.. DX. The DX upgrade was requested for many years and they decided to do it when they were forced by the MS by dropping the DX9 support. This make me think that they don't like the hard work... In the end I'm happy that they ported to DX11 so well.

Old trucks retexture... also, I'm forced to use the Kokuruz interior retexture mod because without it, i can't touch the old trucks, feels horrible.

Bad sound mixing... and there is more but i said enough. SCS fans will see this a criticize and will start spamming "stop whining" but that's the truth.

Overall i'm happy that the game evolve year by year and also the company became larger... but by becoming larger, I would like to see also speeding process of bringing features.
festmache

#10 Post by festmache » 07 Feb 2021 11:55

10 from me...

Very happy that they're improving and expanding both games in varying aspects. For me personally, some things (maps!) are way more interesting than other things (trucks), but I love how SCS are working on many things simultaneously to keep everyone satisfied.

After many years, I'm still very much in love with ATS and ETS2, and love how promising the future looks.
vanilla player, loving ETS2, loving ATS even more! | 🇳🇱 🇪🇺
Map with all cities | Personal cabin accessories

[ external image ]

Return to “SCS Blog and Websites”