what opinion have scs software from truckersmp

The forum dedicated to site issues, problems and wishes.
LoboDestructor

what opinion have scs software from truckersmp

#1 Post by LoboDestructor » 16 Apr 2021 14:20

I would like to know what opinion has scs mp truckers software. This information would be very important to me. And if really truckersmp is a safe page and recommended by scs software.
Thank you.
Underscore_101_

Re: what opinion have scs software from truckersmp

#2 Post by Underscore_101_ » 16 Apr 2021 19:26

It's definitely not recommended by SCS, SCS is working on a multiplayer for the game, no info on when it will be added though.
SCS doesn't recommend any mods, TruckersMP is a mod.

Concerning safety, it's as safe as anything else on the internet, TruckersMP wants some of your (game) details, If they were in
it for the wrong reasons I assume there wouldn't be TruckersMP anymore since a long time.
LoboDestructor

#3 Post by LoboDestructor » 16 Apr 2021 20:00

Thank you for your clarification. Definitely downloading external mods is putting your pc and your personal data in danger and also destroys the gaming experience.
So in conclusion SCS software does not recommend Promods or TruckersMP.
Underscore_101_

#4 Post by Underscore_101_ » 16 Apr 2021 21:08

I didn't say that, Promods is fine to DL, like any other mod, the difference between any other mod and the TruckersMP mod is that TruckersMP requires access to your steam account, or needs details from it.
I'm not aware of other mods needing that.
xXCARL1992Xx

#5 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 16 Apr 2021 21:11

TMP is a hack that alters the game on code basis and not a mod that just modifies or adds some files, TMP can mess up your profile timing considerably and prevent the use from WoTr
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Salguero51

#6 Post by Salguero51 » 17 Apr 2021 00:38

Ironically the guy who created the multiplayer mod, developed the actual mod manager when he was working in SCS, if I remember correctly.

To my understanding, SCS had a good relation with MP mod as I saw in some interviews, but that was a couple of years ago, not sure if the relation changed since that.
I wouldn't say SCS doesn't like mods, Rootkiller created the MP mod around 2013 and later was hired by SCS when he was 18 years old. I remember 50keda as a modder of older SCS games before ETS2 (GTS, UKTS) and he is working in some 3D department of SCS if I remember well. Mandelsoft, map developer of Promods also worked in SCS for some time. I think everyone here knows SISL's mods, and he was hired by SCS. To me, SCS likes modders and their mods*, but they are not responsible if mods broke the game. (*Except if modders do illegal things)

Mods can be dangerous? Well, yes, like any piece of software you can download from the internet. But the examples here: TruckersMP or Promods, are projects with a long history and reputable developers. TruckersMP also have their own "platform", where users have to register. As any other online service, they have data of users, data that can be hacked, breached, leaked, etc. Things that sadly happen everyday nowadays. TruckersMP had a breach in 2016, but they were responsible to take the correct actions: The leak was reported and every user warned. To give some context, recently I saw two news articles: "533 million Facebook users' phone numbers and personal data have been leaked online" and "Facebook does not plan to notify half-billion users affected by data leak"

About the Steam Account, Steam has an auth service, that can be used by third parties. For example, both TruckersMP and World of Trucks use the Steam auth to register users, and for the same reason I think, to check if the user owns the games or DLCs. Just to clarify that TruckersMP is NOT* bad or malicious for requiring a Steam Account, and doesn't need your account details. (passwords)

* Edit: Sorry, I forgot a 'not' in the last sentence.
Last edited by Salguero51 on 17 Apr 2021 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
Max
SCS Software

#7 Post by Max » 17 Apr 2021 10:12

this is quite good summary.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.

Return to “SCS Blog and Websites”