Co-insurance jumps to 100% after resting [159374]

Drift_91

Co-insurance jumps to 100% after resting [159374]

#1 Post by Drift_91 » 25 May 2021 08:41

Profile for reproduction and game.log.txt: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IpME7Y ... sp=sharing

If you load the above profile on the last auto-save or the "Kyle-MP 1" save, go into the repair shop and select service you'll see the co-insurance is sitting at 9%. If you rest in the adjacent rest area in the truck dealership parking lot and then re-enter the service shop it'll now be at 100% - $10,000. I'm not sure if it can be reproduced all the time, but it should happen every time with the profile and save I linked above. The save is brand new for the beta and has not had any mods enabled.

For reference the dealership is the International dealer in Santa Cruz. Fatigue simulation is disabled, which may be a factor in the bug.

Windows 10 Pro x64, 20H2

Launch Options:

Code: Select all

-64bit -nointro -unlimitedlog -mm_pool_size 4000 -mm_max_resource_size 32 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000
I believe the game version is: 1.41.0.15s (according to my profile folder backup)
Attachments
bugs.txt
(84 Bytes) Downloaded 26 times
Drift_91

Re: Co-insurance jumps to 100% after resting

#2 Post by Drift_91 » 25 May 2021 11:37

Looks like this has something to do with the passing of time more so than resting, as it happened again by just hauling cargo for a while. I've only ever had one other save, and never had an issue with co-insurnace, so I apologize if this is intended behaviour. Is it possible that because the vehicle and save are brand new that a single collision sent the co-insurance skyrocketing? I'm still trying to figure out if it's something I did or if the save or game is bugged.

Edit:
I just now realized that it was likely the result of several collisions in a multiplayer session the day before. I think the co-insurance change needs to be listed on the post-multiplayer summary if that's the case. Either that or the co-insurance should go unaffected by player-on-player collisions. I'm sure a lot of people have friends who are bad or reckless drivers and will suffer the consequences of others' actions in-game, which I feel is rather unfair and ruins the fun. I've already had one friend loose interest in playing multiplayer because he's in debt after another friend of ours trashed his truck and trailer.
TruckerDog
SCS Software

Re: Co-insurance jumps to 100% after resting

#3 Post by TruckerDog » 25 May 2021 12:23

I tried replicate this bug with my own profile and it was not easy to get it to do something weird. On my end though, it happened that I had less coinsurance than originally.

I then tried your profile and I was able to replicate the issue you reported.

So I have forward it to my colleagues anyway. Thanks for your report!

QA id: 159374
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
Max
SCS Software

Re: Co-insurance jumps to 100% after resting [159374]

#4 Post by Max » 25 May 2021 21:10

co-insurance level is updated daily on midnight (in SP time).
if you accumulated lot of damage that day it will rise. in extreme case it can be up to 100%.
continuity of profile/save was one of the targets. so if you need to separate unwanted MP effects you need different profile/save.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Drift_91

#5 Post by Drift_91 » 28 May 2021 18:09

Max wrote: 25 May 2021 21:10 co-insurance level is updated daily on midnight (in SP time).
if you accumulated lot of damage that day it will rise.
That explains a lot, actually.
Max wrote: 25 May 2021 21:10 in extreme case it can be up to 100%.
I don't believe I'd accumulated that much damage. I suspect perhaps the co-insurance may have been including damage friends had done to their trucks and not just mine during the convoy. I'd accumulated around maybe a couple of thousand USD at most. Meanwhile both my friends had totalled their trucks in several accidents.
Max
SCS Software

#6 Post by Max » 28 May 2021 21:16

Drift_91 wrote: 28 May 2021 18:09 I don't believe I'd accumulated that much damage. I suspect perhaps the co-insurance may have been including damage friends had done to their trucks and not just mine during the convoy. I'd accumulated around maybe a couple of thousand USD at most. Meanwhile both my friends had totalled their trucks in several accidents.
i do not know what exaclty and how that happened but in that save is noted damage equivalent to total destruction of 126 trucks. thus the insurance change.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
plykkegaard

#7 Post by plykkegaard » 28 May 2021 21:32

126?
A lot of fun 🤣

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Triskel

#8 Post by Triskel » 16 Sep 2021 01:00

Hi. I was about to start a topic about that same problem. It has been plaguing me since I played Convoy with a friend. I've lost so much progress to try and fix this, but it doesn't matter what I do, my coinsurance always jumps to 100% in the end of the day. I definitely didn't do any damage to the truck besides some light scratch, nothing to justify this. My friend has, and he's also crashed into me several times, but my truck wasn't damaged, it wouldn't even move. Maybe that's the reason? What do I do, have I lost my save file to this bug?
Madkine
Global moderator

#9 Post by Madkine » 16 Sep 2021 02:12

Triskel, just to confirm, were you the host of the convoy session?

As far as know there's no quick way to bring co-insurance back down. The way to lower it is to not get into accidents etc and over time it will drop.
If you are playing with the economy in a normal setting you'll be able to afford this. (With a hard economy, possibly not. Though I have my co-insurance set to start at 60% in a hard economy.)
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
mambanoir

#10 Post by mambanoir » 17 Sep 2021 12:34

Just to confirm, coninsurance goes down based on distance driven vs number of accidents (and their severity?) or some other formula? Do speeding and weigh station violations count as well?

Return to “Bugs 1.41”