Co-insurance jumps to 100% after resting [159374]

Max
SCS Software

Re: Co-insurance jumps to 100% after resting [159374]

#11 Post by Max » 18 Sep 2021 14:58

its time-based - day with accidents will rise it (based on amount of damage), day without accident will drop it.
few posts above i described all aspects of ingame insurance logic.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Triskel

Re: Co-insurance jumps to 100% after resting [159374]

#12 Post by Triskel » 21 Sep 2021 11:05

Yes, I was the host.
I wasn't involved in any accidents on the day the coinsurance kept on jumping to 100%, besides the collisions with my friend (which did no damage to my truck) and a scratch from a merging car (that totally didn't wait for their turn).
I tried loading save files from before the bug, from earlier in the day and even from the day before, but nothing worked.
Ultimately, I had to settle for my Pre-Convoy save to have it fixed.
My friend and I played again this weekend. He didn't bump into me anymore, but he did bump into the AI a couple times. Coinsurance rose a bit at first, but after a few days playing single-player, it's dropping right back. Phew.
Even though I lost two days of progress, at least I don't have to look at that ridiculous coinsurance value anymore, and I definitely have a better understanding of how it works now.
Thanks for the attention.
Madkine wrote: 16 Sep 2021 02:12 Triskel, just to confirm, were you the host of the convoy session?

As far as know there's no quick way to bring co-insurance back down. The way to lower it is to not get into accidents etc and over time it will drop.
If you are playing with the economy in a normal setting you'll be able to afford this. (With a hard economy, possibly not. Though I have my co-insurance set to start at 60% in a hard economy.)

Return to “Bugs 1.41”