keys stoped working

acejones45

keys stoped working

#1 Post by acejones45 » 14 Jun 2021 01:04

I had a delivery with another (1) friend, who was host at the time, we delivered harvesters with personal trailers with less than 30min left of the job time. We left the delivery site with critical gasoline and sleep, I ran to the nearest sleep area, a hotel, where my friend ran into me falsely believing it was a non-collision zone and while he "got coffee" I tried to turn off my truck getting the prompt in 3 separate areas of the hotel but nether my controller's Y button or the E key worked. Believing it was a glitched area i drove to another spot, another hotel, and still could not turn off my truck so i went to a truck stop to have the same issue where i found i could not go to the menu using the escape (esc) key despite the "WASD" keys still functioning. I had to control-alt-delete to fully exit the game sadly in my desperation i did not try other keys to see exactly witch ones did not work, and i do not believe that i could recreate the issue due to the strange occurrence, also my friend did not have this issue.

Stay safe out there truckers:
acejones45
TruckerDog
SCS Software

Re: keys stoped working

#2 Post by TruckerDog » 14 Jun 2021 13:05

Just wondering... did you happen to try to use the written chat option? As in to type of your message in the route advisor. This problem sounds oddly familiar. However, may not be related to what I have in my mind as that issue I am thinking about has been fixed.

If this happens again, it would be really helpful if you can provide videos or least map coordinates and your game.log file.
I like trains. 🚂

...and trucks too. 🚛
acejones45

#3 Post by acejones45 » 15 Jun 2021 09:36

that would make sense but i was still able to drive, useing a controller it is annoing that the unhook button is also the text button and i dont beleve i would have been able to move, though it is a possability. I will try at that next time my friend gets on but it might takke a bit.
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 15 Jun 2021 09:45

The unhook and text buttons are not the same by default.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
acejones45

#5 Post by acejones45 » 15 Jun 2021 17:09

they are both bound to the X button on my xbox-360 controler i use to play ATS and ETS2 on pc, but this is not an really an issue becouse the chat bar only comes up after completing a delivery and has yet to get in the way of driving so i am fine with it.

Return to “Bugs 1.41”