cargo market jobs and owned truck issues

wolftrucking

cargo market jobs and owned truck issues

#1 Post by wolftrucking » 14 Jun 2021 04:02

Hello (again) SCS!

I have another odd convy bug for you although this might not be super important, as there's a work around, it requires the player to get towed to service.

The player takes a heavy haul job using the cargo market that needs the big boy lowboy such as the transformer.

Another player takes the convoy job using his truck only or provided equipment the trailer will spawn facing the wrong way to drive out of the company. For some of the smaller company's lots it's downright impossible to drive the trailer out, you're either facing a wall, or there isn't enough room to turn around, or both.

This happens sometimes with owned trailers too, at certain company's such as port of seattle; however there's normally enough room to get the trailer around.

Not exactly a game breaking issue, or one that should be fixed asap. At the same time it might be worth looking into because taking a job that requires you to damage your cargo or destroy your truck leaving the lot isn't exactly satisfactory.
plykkegaard

Re: cargo market jobs and owned truck issues

#2 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Jun 2021 05:37

A report on Seattle Port was made quite a while ago
It is annoying

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
wolftrucking

#3 Post by wolftrucking » 14 Jun 2021 10:41

It's not so much the Seattle port. It is annoying but still possible to maneuver a large trailer in and out of there without damaging anything.

The smaller places, like HMS, scrops, and the mining company's are just not possible and the player is forced to damage their truck trying to get out, and they'll either get frustrated and quit the job, or game, or get towed to service -some of these, like the volvo dealerships are quite difficult to get a large trailer out of as well - but that's a report for another day.

It's still a horrible experience when it happens. It's similar to the impossible drop off locations of lowboy trailers (such as those with a dumpster, or car where you're supposed to park your truck) when they were added in beta.
Madkine
Global moderator

#4 Post by Madkine » 14 Jun 2021 11:34

In order to be fixed SCS are going to need to know which pre-fabs this occurs on as it will need to be fixed per-prefab.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
plykkegaard

#5 Post by plykkegaard » 14 Jun 2021 11:50

The problem in Seattle was found and reported in 1.39
viewtopic.php?f=276&t=291464&p=1442667& ... e#p1442667

Normally it is fine to have the vehicle to be turned 180 degrees after loading, but not in this case

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
wolftrucking

#6 Post by wolftrucking » 15 Jun 2021 11:32

Well, as far as which prefabs.. it's not just one, I'd almost put money on it being almost every hms and several other prefabs in the current game world some are fine, some arn't. nearly all of them would be fixed if it spawned the trailer facing the same way it spawns a player who used his own trailer. This ONLY applies to the 9 axel lowboys, any smaller trailer and the player typically has enough room to turn around and get out.

I mean, I play this game enough, I suppose I could just get a notepad and start writing these down. At the same time, even if the way the player has to drive out of the prefab is a bit off (ex: portland cargo central, when using an owned trailer, you're forced to drive out the entrence; not ideal, but acceptable) This breaks the simulation aspect a little, as it's not "perfect" but it's acceptable enough that most people don't care.

I still standby what I said as this possibly being a lower priority issue, as it ONLY applies to transformers, log stackers, and log loaders that use the 9 axel lowboys, and ONLY if a player took the job with a cargo market, and the other players took the job with using a provided trailer. crashes and map issues are definitely way more important, I just want this issue known.
plykkegaard

#7 Post by plykkegaard » 15 Jun 2021 14:04

The 180 degree turn is the default configuration
I don't play much atm but will report them as bugs if I find oddities

Atm I have a new profile in 1.41 with quick jobs as only option :D

Return to “Bugs 1.41”