W/ Simple Automatic, truck goes reverse when pressing forward

Nomeru

W/ Simple Automatic, truck goes reverse when pressing forward

#1 Post by Nomeru » 23 Jul 2021 00:33

Greetings. I've encountered 2 odd behaviors while using simple automatic. Behavior 1 is the truck stalling, and behavior 2 as in the title is the truck entering reverse while pressing forward. I have no mods installed (never used any), it can happen alone or in convoy, and doesn't appear to be input device dependent. I've tested it now and replicated using keyboard, 360 controller, and switch pro controller.

In both cases (stalling and reversing), it starts after heavy braking usually (but not always) quickly followed by throttle. They can both happen at the same time as well, though I don't have a video of that happening.

video of the stall: https://streamable.com/kplktb

video of the reverse: https://streamable.com/8vgsnu

When the reversing happens, it has shifted into R2, but I'm pressing forward. No reversing noise plays, and it only stops when I've hit the brake/reverse button to come to a stop again.

I've had this happen in a couple trucks, but I haven't tested all of them. I know it's happened in the kenworth 680 w/ 600hp engine, and freightliner cascadia w/ 605hp engine. Both cases I was using the Allison 4700 RDS R transmission. I haven't tested to see if it will happen with other transmissions, just trying to be transparent about how I've done it. Braking intensity was set to max as well, as it seemed easier for me to replicate that way. I can't say for sure if that actually made a difference though.

As a work around for myself I think I can just switch to off of simple automatic. I suspect it's related to brake and reverse being the same button. Usually to shift into reverse properly, you have to release brake and push it again once you've come to a stop and in above example I only pushed it once and held it until stopped.

If there's any other information I can provide to help let me know and I'll do what I can. The stall is quite easy for me to replicate, with the reversing taking a few more tries usually.

Return to “Bugs 1.41”