[Wyoming] [No Mods] RxR arms stop the truck instantly when they activate

ghostravenstorm

[Wyoming] [No Mods] RxR arms stop the truck instantly when they activate

#1 Post by ghostravenstorm » 19 Sep 2021 05:43

The crossing arms at RxR crossing always stop trucks instantly if they try to pass through them. Some kind of artificial barrier of blockage. An invisible wall.
I'm not trying to run the signal when it activates. What happens is that I tend to be maybe 10 yards from the stop line, the signal decides to activate, then in code it just instantiates a hard invisible wall in the very next frame before I can make it an inch past the line. Not only that, but I have also been in predicaments when pulling a long load where the RxR signal arm would instantiate the invisible wall right in between the articulation joints of the trailer and then I'm permanately stuck. An edge case for sure, but it has happened twice and I will try to get a screenshot or video of it happening next time.

I've decided to report this as a bug because of the shear annoyance of being abruptly stopped when there's no reasonable warning. It's almost like there should be a yield signal for the signal just to avoid smashing into the invisible wall. I advocate removing the barrier entierly and allow players to run the signal if they wish. If the train hits them, then it hits them; mission failure; reset. Or at the very least make the early warning more early, then add a grace period where passing is possible before the invisiable wall spawns when the signal is active.

Game when 10 yards away: "Go ahead and pass."
Game when 9 yards away: "STOP RIGHT NOW!"

In this image, the signal is active and it stopped my truck instantly. Note that the arms have not been deployed yet.
[ external image ]
alphastar003

Re: [Wyoming] [No Mods] RxR arms stop the truck instantly when they activate

#2 Post by alphastar003 » 19 Sep 2021 06:22

Yeah I second that ...
GinXeng

Re: [Wyoming] [No Mods] RxR arms stop the truck instantly when they activate

#3 Post by GinXeng » 20 Sep 2021 04:07

Just a little side note, The train will never hit anything, it always stops no matter what

Return to “Bugs 1.41”