Incompatible Profile Bug [NOT A BUG]

ArdaTR_

Incompatible Profile Bug [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by ArdaTR_ » 15 Jun 2021 12:54

Hey, I upgraded my Euro Truck Simulator 2 version to the last open beta version (1.41.0.24s). Since I upgraded it, I played and downgraded to the last public version (1.40.5.1s) And I had my Steam Cloud enabled on both in-game (profile settings) and Steam. And when I joined the game I had 1 profile with an "Incompatible" error. I had a backup so I tried to rejoin, and I had my profile back with no error. The problem is I had 2 profiles, 1 Incompatible 2 Normal, with the same data. I had closed my Steam Cloud on Steam, but since I cannot edit my first profile, I have 2 of the same profiles. So I cannot edit my Normal profile as well. (Profile cannot be saved. Another profile with the same name already exists.) And I need your help.
Solutech

Re: Incompatible Profile Bug

#2 Post by Solutech » 15 Jun 2021 22:26

This is why it said to backup your saves before using the EB and to use a fresh clean profile . When the game updates and you load a save it saves to the new game version . You can't them go back to the previous version .
[ external image ]
Author of ReMoled series of mods,V8K Blaine ReWork and general helpful chap .
Boy

Re: Incompatible Profile Bug

#3 Post by Boy » 16 Jun 2021 00:37

goes in the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Documents folder,
example:[profiles(1.39.4.5s).bak ]
open the example folder: 6564756172646F
Persecution 🤔
Dream Horse movie

"Tveka inte att fråga din Scania-återförsäljare om vilken modifiering som helst. Vi är det kompletta företaget vad gäller specialfordon."
https://laxasv.se/
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Incompatible Profile Bug [NOT A BUG]

#4 Post by Madkine » 16 Jun 2021 11:33

If you manually restore a profile, it needs to replace the original one otherwise you wind up with the problem you know have of 2 profiles with the same name.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Return to “Bugs 1.41”