AI & AI Roundabout Collision / Pathfinding Conflict

icy mcCoolName

AI & AI Roundabout Collision / Pathfinding Conflict

#1 Post by icy mcCoolName » 22 Jul 2021 10:13

tl;dr
AI Bus on inside lane of roundabout attempting to exit, strikes AI Truck on outer lane of roundabout going through. AI Truck panics, enables Hazard lights, but cannot reverse out of the way of the AI bus creating a deadlock.
Mooted insofar as I'm travelling the other way, or traffic can be reset by saving/loading, but I believe it's an error all the same.

The game.log.txt*
attached
The game.crash.txt* (In the event of a game crash.)
N/A
Map co-ordinates.** (If the bug report pertains to the map or map asset include the co-ordinates.)
AI Truck and Bus interfering on roundabout, deadlocking intersection ;[22/07/2021 19:57:53] (sec-0012-0002);-46220.7;66.5868;-7654.37;-0.666601;-0.372984

A screenshot with the mini map.
[ external image ]

Description of bug.
- AI Truck appears to have collided with AI Bus trying to cross over it's lane to exit a roundabout.
- The impacted truck (with hazard lights) seems unable to move out of the way, deadlocking the approach to the roundabout. There are several more vehicles banked up behind the left mirror in the screenshot.
- Workaround: A stuck player could save/load to remove the traffic

Version of game.
1.41.1s (64 bit)
PC operating system & whether it's 32bit or 64bit.
Win10 64
Reproducibility of the bug.
Sometimes (Traffic)
Attachments
game.log.txt
(71.09 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
You are passing another post signature!
--
It may take me upwards of 14 days to be notified of new replies, please be patient with me! c:
icy mcCoolName

Re: AI & AI Roundabout Collision / Pathfinding Conflict

#2 Post by icy mcCoolName » 22 Jul 2021 10:16

// I know sometimes the AI traffic do be like this, but I just thought it was funny! :lol:
--
It may take me upwards of 14 days to be notified of new replies, please be patient with me! c:
barry

#3 Post by barry » 03 Aug 2021 16:35

Hi. A quicker workaround is to change your vsync to either enable/disable depending on what it is set on, then select 'No' when it asks if you want the new setting, when you go back into the game the roads are clear of AI. I do this quite often if i'm on a tight schedule and the ai is backed up in a traffic quiue (spell?) or accident. Also i find myself in less accidents on a roundabout if i don't signal where i'm going, apparently it confuses the ai. :lol:

Regards
Brulikrax

#4 Post by Brulikrax » 04 Aug 2021 12:58

This part of the new dummier traffic AI. Sometimes it maks collisions on purpose. I think this is normal in ETS2.
icy mcCoolName

#5 Post by icy mcCoolName » 11 Aug 2021 01:10

Brulikrax wrote: 04 Aug 2021 12:58 This part of the new dummier traffic AI. Sometimes it maks collisions on purpose. I think this is normal in ETS2.
Even if this is 'normal', I personally I feel oversights count as bugs, especially since the official template uses an oversight (grass clipping through road) as its example.

No hate, as I play more of this game I do get the impression it was never meant to be this successful, so the team would have to chose what to prioritise - and truck simulation is more vital than traffic AI.

tl;dr still a bug gwahaha
--

Return to “Bugs 1.41”