The LOGITECH steering wheel stopped working properly.

Madkine
Global moderator

Re: The LOGITECH steering wheel stopped working properly.

#41 Post by Madkine » 21 Oct 2021 19:59

@Rbnqss78 As per previous comments, while FFB worked well for you it did not for many players. While for some the new system does not work as well, it works better for more players than the old one did.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Rbnqss78

#42 Post by Rbnqss78 » 21 Oct 2021 21:39

Yeah, the old system was for me better but I got also somehow satisfactory setups for the new system too, but it needs some fine tuning still, it is hard to find the spot-on setups cause there is way more to adjust. It's just the accuracy of steering that is not do good yet than in old system for me.
Nadaspoon

#43 Post by Nadaspoon » 23 Oct 2021 14:32

I think this issue is with ALL steering wheels. I use a T150 Thrustmaster and I have the same problem. Since the update my center is very clunky and jerky no matter where I position all the control options. I did as recommended even and returned them to default and it is just really bad. Pretty pretty pretty please, these are my favorite games I NEED THEM IN MY LIFE lol. Please and thank you.

- Nadaspoon
Rbnqss78

#44 Post by Rbnqss78 » 25 Oct 2021 14:42

Well I need to change my opinion about the new FFB system, there e little bugs yet but if you forget those for a while, it takes some time to get used to it, and get settings that are good, but now that I am pretty close to very good settings it is more realistic than old one so yes, I cancel my words about going back to 1.41.
Space_Night

#45 Post by Space_Night » 30 Oct 2021 16:31

turn the inernal friction down, then turn he gain to about midway, then adjust the centering to suit then slide the internal friction to suit

Once you have done that then it will be good, not perfect but good enough to use though there will always be a noticable slack spot in the middle of travel when you go from full left to full right steering lock, and if you have the gain maxed out ot will porpoise badly. And not being a compter expert, so dont take my word as gospel, but i suspect this due to Logitech G29 and G920 not designed for a PC game but for the PS4 or XBox. (its a wander they actually work on a PC in the first place as they're being used on the wrong platform, but they do so we can't complain too much), I have a G29 and spent some time dialing in the wheel. Many think the FFB is broken. think its more to do with the wheels we are using rather than the software as its only affecting mainly G29 and G920 and GT owners.

I can't play ATS at the moment as my game wont actually start, it just crashes even before it gets to the load up screen so I need to possibly repurchase it off the steam store.
Kiwimike7

#46 Post by Kiwimike7 » 31 Oct 2021 09:42

@Space_Night As mentioned in one of the other threads, you are not correct in your assertion that the G920 is not made for PC. It is. As far as ATS not loading is concerned, no you don't have to buy it again, I suggets you empty any mods from your mod folder, validate the files in Steam and then try and load the game again.
Mike (Kiwmike7)

[ external image ]
x_Puppy_Paws_x

#47 Post by x_Puppy_Paws_x » 05 Nov 2021 08:35

Space_Night wrote: 30 Oct 2021 16:31 Once you have done that then it will be good, not perfect but good enough to use though there will always be a noticable slack spot in the middle of travel when you go from full left to full right steering lock, and if you have the gain maxed out ot will porpoise badly. And not being a compter expert, so dont take my word as gospel, but i suspect this due to Logitech G29 and G920 not designed for a PC game but for the PS4 or XBox. (its a wander they actually work on a PC in the first place as they're being used on the wrong platform, but they do so we can't complain too much), I have a G29 and spent some time dialing in the wheel. Many think the FFB is broken. think its more to do with the wheels we are using rather than the software as its only affecting mainly G29 and G920 and GT owners.

The assumption you make it is only G920, G29 and GT owners is incorrect, i mentioned it during OB in OB discussion that husband his g923 is/was also effected (of course you can not read all topics to find that), have seen plenty of trustmaster owners with having same issues.
If the G920, G29 and GT were not meant for PC, explain the software PC needs to adjust and personlize settings up til a point, it is there cause it will and is supposed to work on PC as well. Logitech is good at building wheels and suchs, they also admit they have a lot to learn when it comes to software for the PC which explains the software issues or limits we run into. The wheels they made started as console ones, the latest versions like G29/G920 and G923 got different PC software (G-Hub) more directed for PC users. Thats how i got the explanation from Logitech a while back.

But since 1.42 got released as official the FFB settings actually work and do as needed or at least able to setup the way husband can be ok with it even if not as it was/used to. It did however make him play less cause the feeling is not right compared to what it was.
DrGreg212

#48 Post by DrGreg212 » 06 Nov 2021 14:10

I have a G29 too, the feeling i have is like the wheel turns as the truck is shut down, so like it doesn't have any power steering, and suddenly it decides to turn on his own causing random crashes and rapid direction changes. That's pretty annoying considering it was perfectly smooth in 1.41. Fortunately i don't have the same problems in ETS2, maybe just with a car mod but it's not an SCS problem.
DrGreg212

#49 Post by DrGreg212 » 06 Nov 2021 23:39

This is what i mean when i say it turns on it's own. The FFB settings are set to default.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeoPmoi ... =DrGreg212[/youtube]
FrancescoMasci

#50 Post by FrancescoMasci » 10 Nov 2021 08:45

I have the exact same problem, so I guess the issue has not been resolved now the beta has ended.
I tried using G Hub but it doesn't recognize my Logitech Driving Force GT. The old software was not working as well.
I have engine resonance at minimum but the shacking is there as well. I reset to defaul several times and it doesn't work.

At this point I really don't know what to do. Anyone have some magical trick around his sleeve? The game is unplayable to me at the moment :oops:

Return to “Bugs 1.42”