Mods adjusting timescale not working in 1.42 beta convoy mode [KNOWN]

Dyanne

Mods adjusting timescale not working in 1.42 beta convoy mode [KNOWN]

#1 Post by Dyanne » 13 Oct 2021 16:31

I am running a custom made mod that only adjusts the scale of the default map which makes day/night cycles significantly slower, however i have shared the exact mod with the other people playing with my convoy but the time moves at the standard speed which is extremely fast, while other scalings are performed as expected like distance and time which leads to loads asking for 2 hour delivery times while it takes 12+ because of the time scale being ignored, likely overridden by the base speed to sync, however i dont see how a slower timescale could be an issue if all players use the same mod as sleeping etc doesnt advance time, it should still be synced just at the custom slower time. Would love a fix for this because i love my longer days/nights for immersion together with my friends!
snare85

Re: Mods adjusting timescale not working in 1.42 beta convoy mode

#2 Post by snare85 » 14 Oct 2021 02:11

Dyanne wrote: 13 Oct 2021 16:31
I have been looking for such a mod for a long time, could you give me a look at it, can you give a link in private messages?
Reis_6

Re: Mods adjusting timescale not working in 1.42 beta convoy mode

#3 Post by Reis_6 » 14 Oct 2021 16:19

I would really like a mod like that. I'm a frequent user of TruckersMP servers, there, every 10 seconds of real life, 1 minute passes inside the game.
(in the city or highway)
In Convoy/Offline there could be a mod to change only the speed of time, or maybe SCS already create an option to change that speed of time in the menu, it would be even better.
Max
SCS Software

Re: Mods adjusting timescale not working in 1.42 beta convoy mode [KNOWN]

#4 Post by Max » 15 Oct 2021 09:35

workaround that can be used for map mods till we handle those data from map directly can be found in "def/multiplayer_config.sii" file, attribute "time_compression".
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Reis_6

#5 Post by Reis_6 » 15 Oct 2021 23:19

Max wrote: 15 Oct 2021 09:35 workaround that can be used for map mods till we handle those data from map directly can be found in "def/multiplayer_config.sii" file, attribute "time_compression".
Could u explain better?
Im on the correct way, It's something like that? (The second attachment its the 'edited' file but I dont know if that way its correct, and the first attachment its the original opened file...)
Attachments
Capturar2.JPG
Capturar.JPG
Max
SCS Software

#6 Post by Max » 16 Oct 2021 08:31

just add the line:

Code: Select all

time_compression: 1.0
and you will have 1:1 time and distance scale in MP.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
Reis_6

#7 Post by Reis_6 » 16 Oct 2021 10:12

Thanks @Max, I will try it.
One more doubt: Is that work like a mod? Everyone in my session need to have this mod in your local folder? And if I want to every 10 seconds in real life inside the game passes 1 minute, what is the value?
Max
SCS Software

#8 Post by Max » 16 Oct 2021 10:26

yes, it should be regular mod.
if you want to 10s real means 60s in game you want 1:6 ratio. thus the value is 6.0.
Reis_6

#9 Post by Reis_6 » 16 Oct 2021 11:03

@Max sorry, one last question:
And in single player, how do it works?

PS: Did I do something wrong? Gave this message on the console ''Missing multiplayer config file '/def/multiplayer_config.sii'. Using default configuration.''
More details:
[mod] Mod package 'Escala_Real' does not contain a manifest file 'manifest.sii', creating default information set.
[unit] File '<C:/Users/Reis/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/mod/Escala_Real.zip | >/def/multiplayer_config.sii', line 6:
[unit] The unit '.multiplayer.config' of type 'multiplayer_config' has no attribute named 'time_compression'.
load_unit_tree() - Failed to load unit tree from file (/def/multiplayer_config.sii)
Attachments
multiplayer_config.sii
(227 Bytes) Downloaded 79 times
Sem título.png
Max
SCS Software

#10 Post by Max » 16 Oct 2021 14:13

hm, in that case i'm sorry for all this, but it looks like in 1.42 this attribute is unknown. i saw it in our builds so i thought it works regularly.

in singleplayer the scale is taken from map (both city and non-city scales, usage based on current player position). in multiplayer it is handled differently (due to necessity of same time for everyone) and it just looks like it can't be modded now.
never mind, the issue is known and the value will be taken from map as well in some of future builds (1.43 maybe).

Return to “Bugs 1.42”