Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

21RUS [RC]

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

#21 Post by 21RUS [RC] » 19 Oct 2021 15:34

https://youtu.be/PW-_k2_Di18
game.log.txt
(50.03 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
the situation is not changing, it is very sad. please pay attention to this.
I don't want such settings in the new update, it's just AWFUL.
I really like this game, and I didn't want to part with it. since I've been playing since part 1 of ets.
I will say more, I even have two steam accounts with this game and ATS, and all accounts have all the add-ons.
I'm just sad, very very
Brian Benton

#22 Post by Brian Benton » 19 Oct 2021 16:07

@21RUS [RC], just updated the game. 1.42.0.58s. In my DFGT, as before in 1.42, the FFB disappears in the center position. The "step" has not disappeared anywhere. The steering wheel is still trying to wiggle itself from side to side. In thread 1.42 it was indicated that there are fixes for DFGT, but in fact, once again, these are just words :lol:
Truckdrivr

#23 Post by Truckdrivr » 20 Oct 2021 14:20

this must be Logitech issue, i use Thrustmaster T300 and i have none of this problems, no matter the updates in OB, in fact the FFB has only become better as OB has been finetuned with updates.
Its super annoying that some is expericing these issues, but everyone must remember that the wheel does not perform better than the parts thats are inside, and since Logitech wheels is only using a plastic cog and not belts it cannot be very precise. and i know i has G27 myself for 7 years prior to thrustmaster. the two wheels are night and day.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
21RUS [RC]

#24 Post by 21RUS [RC] » 20 Oct 2021 16:23

this is not a Logitech problem, this problem is the incorrect new ffb behavior model. since only in this game now is. So do not write that this is a Logitech problem, it's just an incorrectly written ffb program from the developers. I hope that this will be fixed, if not corrected, then GOODBYE GAME
Brian Benton

#25 Post by Brian Benton » 20 Oct 2021 19:40

@Truckdrivr up to version 1.41 Logitech wheels worked fine in SCS games. If the developers broke FFB on popular and affordable rudders, this does not mean that gear-driven rudders are bad. I play Asseto Corsa Competizione with my DFGT completely calmly and comfortably, I do not feel any dead zones, backlash, automatic wobbling. I feel all the road surface perfectly, enjoy the smooth operation of FFB in this racing simulator. In ETS 2 in update 1.42, I only feel the simulation of the dead zone and auto rotation.
Truckdrivr

#26 Post by Truckdrivr » 21 Oct 2021 07:42

uptil 1.41 FFB was only a simple springloaded system. since I have only seen logitech users give critique its a problem with Logitech wheels, also SCS give in FFB FAQ on their blog a solution if anyone wants to acheive the old system

From the SCS blog: https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/10/force- ... k-faq.html

I don't like the new FFB, how can I get my old FFB back?

Since the old centering was a simple spring effect, you can always turn down the Low-speed centering, High-speed centering, and Internal Friction to zero and enable spring centering in your wheel's hardware profile settings. That will give you a similar FFB sensation as in older game releases.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
gandalf7472000

#27 Post by gandalf7472000 » 21 Oct 2021 08:00

I have a G25 it doesn't work well with the new ffb. For all other simulason games I have it works flowesly.

I find the sollution suggested in the blog is not the answer, tried it it's not good.

My intension is when the beta is complete and the final vesion of the ffb is available, and also the non beta partitioners try the new ffb, to start a poll. With the simple question " you like the new or the olb ffb better" and asking to write the brand and model of the stearing wheel they use in the comments.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
vader75

#28 Post by vader75 » 21 Oct 2021 08:33

I have a G29, and centre loss of ffb is obvious.

We can’t all have the broken Logitech wheels.

Maybe the new code is not compatible with Logitech wheels, but given popularity, I would be concerned if this is not addressed and these wheels no longer usable. It would be a large enough user base.

It would also be a big ask to move to competitors wheel, just for the sake of SCS.

My hope remains a solution could be found before 1.42 release.
Last edited by vader75 on 21 Oct 2021 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
21RUS [RC]

#29 Post by 21RUS [RC] » 21 Oct 2021 11:13

Truckdrivr wrote: 21 Oct 2021 07:42 uptil 1.41 FFB was only a simple springloaded system. since I have only seen logitech users give critique its a problem with Logitech wheels, also SCS give in FFB FAQ on their blog a solution if anyone wants to acheive the old system

From the SCS blog: https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/10/force- ... k-faq.html

I don't like the new FFB, how can I get my old FFB back?

Since the old centering was a simple spring effect, you can always turn down the Low-speed centering, High-speed centering, and Internal Friction to zero and enable spring centering in your wheel's hardware profile settings. That will give you a similar FFB sensation as in older game releases.

Don't write nonsense, don't clog up the topic if you have a different steering wheel. with the new ffb, it is impossible to implement the old settings in any way. This is not just a spring connection, in the old one there is a high-speed centering, force, all parameters work like the new FB, only in the new ffb the centering is broken. Stop fencing off the curve of the new setting !!! The new FFB system is INCORRECT, and it has BEEN PROVEN! It is not necessary to find excuses, and attempts to change the wrong programming of developers, they did it wrong, but that's why betta was created to detect errors and write a report about them.
Brian Benton

#30 Post by Brian Benton » 21 Oct 2021 13:17

@Truckdrivr what the developers seriously suggested in that informational post is just a joke. The centering spring effect, which works exactly the same at all speeds (including at zero speed, the steering wheel returns to the center position if you release your hands) is not the same as in 1.41. At 1.41, the steering wheel worked as expected. When the engine was off, the power steering did not work, the steering wheel was hard. When the engine was started, the power steering was activated and the steering wheel became soft at low speed. At high speed, the steering wheel, as in real life, became stiff. The difference with version 1.42 is that in 1.41 the steering wheel did not dangle by itself from side to side in the center position, the FFB in the middle did not turn off periodically. The FFB was uniform at all corners of the steering wheel (slightly less rigid in the center due to the design features of Logitech wheels, but WITHOUT DEADBAND AND STEPS, as in version 1.42). Suggesting a centering spring effect as an alternative to the good FFB version 1.41 just looks like a mockery of Logitech wheel owners.

Removed - Rule 2.3

Return to “Bugs 1.42”