Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

COGA72

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

#61 Post by COGA72 » 24 Oct 2021 23:29

Wrighty wrote: 24 Oct 2021 07:55 Disabling in game FFB then unticking "allow game to make changes in the the Logitech profiler has got the wheel to feel pretty much, if not exactly as it was in 1.41 for me.
I have a G29 and I tried to disable the game's FFB and force the Logitech G HUB's FFB, but for some reason that I still don't know, when entering the game, even with the FBB turned off, the FFB of my G29 Profile is completely disabled

I thought that this way I could maintain a FBB similar to 1.41 but I see that it is impossible
Turd Ferguson

#62 Post by Turd Ferguson » 25 Oct 2021 12:41

@COGA72 I'mnot using the G-hub software, it caused so many issues with my headset.
I use the Logitech Gaming Software (called Logitech Profiler when it loads) I'm using a g27 so not sure if it's compatible with the G29 but worth having a look into as it's fixed the issues with the new FFB for me.
Oh hell, let's go nuts. Swords for forty eight thousand

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/401
wujek600kv

#63 Post by wujek600kv » 27 Oct 2021 16:16

Wrighty wrote: 25 Oct 2021 12:41 @COGA72 I'mnot using the G-hub software, it caused so many issues with my headset.
I use the Logitech Gaming Software (called Logitech Profiler when it loads) I'm using a g27 so not sure if it's compatible with the G29 but worth having a look into as it's fixed the issues with the new FFB for me.
Please paste your settings from game and logitech profiler here. There will be helpful for other owners.
Turd Ferguson

#64 Post by Turd Ferguson » 28 Oct 2021 10:13

@wujek600kv Here's the settings i'm using with the G27. I've just unticked the FFB option in game and unticked the option to allow game to make changes in the Logitech Profiler.
Without doing this there was no feedback whatsoever.

You may need to dig around for the Logitech Profiler though I couldn't find a link to in on Logitech's page

Profiler settings
[ external image ]

In Game Settings
[ external image ]
Oh hell, let's go nuts. Swords for forty eight thousand

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/401
TaskID

#65 Post by TaskID » 29 Oct 2021 11:23

Wrighty wrote: 24 Oct 2021 07:55 Disabling in game FFB then unticking "allow game to make changes in the the Logitech profiler has got the wheel to feel pretty much, if not exactly as it was in 1.41 for me.
Where can I disable ""allow game to make changes"?
I don't find the setting ^^

Thanks
Space_Night

#66 Post by Space_Night » 29 Oct 2021 23:40

When you whacked the gain right to the top it makes the wheel hyper sensitive to even the slightest touch and contour and doesnt need to be that high. I had the same with my G29 and it almost wrenched the wheel out of my hands. the high gain i think is for less sensitive feedback wheels that are at the really low end of the market. Logitech's are pretty sensitive so are perfectly fine at half way.

Not sure what SCS think but id say it wasn't a bug
saper8664a

#67 Post by saper8664a » 30 Oct 2021 06:25

TaskID wrote: 29 Oct 2021 11:23
Where can I disable ""allow game to make changes"?
I don't find the setting ^^

Thanks
[ external image ]
Space_Night

#68 Post by Space_Night » 30 Oct 2021 11:03

I tried deleting the Logitech folder for my wheel but it wont delete (the software us in use by another program but i have no game running right now so Id like to know what else uses the logitech stuff) so as a Logitech user myself I will have to live with the issue. Its not so bad if you dont have the gain slammed right up to the top. (things start to go funky around 2/3rds of the way up so if you keep gain around half way you its fine - the issue isnt with SCS but the logitech wheel internals), though there is a clunky dead spot in the middle of the travel and very noticable when you go from full left to full right lock, such as when you are turning around in a tight area or reversing a trailer and you need to yaw it left to right a lot This however is not an SCS bug but due to the fact of how the G29 is built so I doubt SCS or even the best coders in the world could dial that out unless they totally work the physical internals of the wheel. (was like that since I brought the wheel back when we had 1.36)

This is a video of My G29 experiencing the same quirk with the gain maxed out (showing why you dont need to have the gain maxed out) Also with the gain maxed out and the high speed centering maxed out, you need arms like He-Man to steer the truck Because the high gain is for less sensitive wheels I dont actually think this is a bug. Just keep your hands on the wheel and turn the gain down and you will experience normal driving characteristics. I think therefore the issue is with the Logitech G29 itself, not SCS, so there is nothing that can be done - its the internals of the Logitech that need to be changed and that is unlikely just for the sake of 2 computer games

This video is the same wheel, in the same truck in very similar conditions (IE A motorway) with the same mods loaded on the same profile as the previous version, the only difference is the gain is dialed down
#notabug
kingoko

#69 Post by kingoko » 01 Nov 2021 00:50

G29 here. Got same problem as on videos, that sucks :(
Click here to check my profile :arrow:
No mods, no cheats, no console :P

ETS2: lvl136, achiev: 63/75, dlc 63/72, steam items 79/83
ATS: lvl86, achiev: 70/70, dlc 23/23, steam items 52/53
Space_Night

#70 Post by Space_Night » 01 Nov 2021 07:56