Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

21RUS [RC]

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

#31 Post by 21RUS [RC] » 21 Oct 2021 16:37

https://youtu.be/3Rxtrhar5-Y
game.log.txt
(74.82 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
release 1.42. goodbye ets2.

thanks to scs for giving me the opportunity to play the previously best trucker simulator-Thank you, these were my best times with ets2. 1.42 the game for me and Logitech Driving Force GT was KILLED. Bye-bye SCS
Andre_AW
Beta tester

#32 Post by Andre_AW » 21 Oct 2021 17:10

Could you please clarify what you think is bad?

try to demonstrate the problem by driving normally and not forcing the game physics
Truckdrivr

#33 Post by Truckdrivr » 21 Oct 2021 17:20

@AlexTradeaux36 mate, the steering in 1.41 did not include such features as we have now, steering was the same spring loaded effect no matter if truck was on/off or driving or standby.
Have you disabled the Centering Force in Logitech Software as been suggested severel times?
In recent (1.42 update blog) blog post several Logitech users rapport no issuses with their wheel, so either its your wheel or you have not made the settings as recomended.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
21RUS [RC]

#34 Post by 21RUS [RC] » 21 Oct 2021 17:23

Andre_AW wrote: 21 Oct 2021 17:10 Could you please clarify what you think is bad?

try to demonstrate the problem by driving normally and not forcing the game physics
okay, I'll make a new video, in the default execution of the game settings, I'll record the video and post it until tomorrow evening.
Brian Benton

#35 Post by Brian Benton » 21 Oct 2021 17:25

@Andre_AW are you trolling us or kidding us? This player sent you a video several times. Have you noticed my post # 17 in this thread or other videos showing the problem and comments? An 8-minute video showing my steering wheel in life and in the game, changing the settings is not enough for you? Maybe you need to record half-hour videos after each fix (in which nothing has changed)?

@Truckdrivr Removed - Rule 2.3Don't mislead other players if you don't know how FFB worked in 1.41. Especially for you I will duplicate a video where I demonstrated the difference in the work of FFB 1.41 and 1.42.
Truckdrivr

#36 Post by Truckdrivr » 21 Oct 2021 17:55

AlexTradeaux36 wrote: 21 Oct 2021 17:25 @Truckdrivr Removed - Rule 2.3 Don't mislead other players if you don't know how FFB worked in 1.41. Especially for you
this is SCS own word from the blog post, old FFB was no more than simple spring loaded effect.

Second, the crunching sounds in you wheel is the Cog-gear inside, its because the wheel consist of big plastic gear, nothing more. Like i already have write, your wheel dont magically become super refined because of this update, it can be no better than the wheel it self. have you tried turning down the internal friction parameter? because that is also putting extra work/load to the wheel.

edit: corrections
See you on the road 8-)

Andre_AW
Beta tester

#37 Post by Andre_AW » 21 Oct 2021 18:01

the FFB of version 1.41 was something artificial, in other words nothing real, the new version brings a system that is based on truck physics.

what I advise is to set the settings to the default and if there is a problem, lower the overall gain little by little.
Truckdrivr

#38 Post by Truckdrivr » 21 Oct 2021 18:04

yes play around with settings, maybe need to lower some, but the problem is that some users think their wheel is transformed into DirectDrive wheel with this update, and expect it to give much more performance than the wheel is capable of.
See you on the road 8-)

Brian Benton

#39 Post by Brian Benton » 21 Oct 2021 18:12

@Andre_AW This is not the first time I've read this excuse. I repeat, everything is beautifully planned. New settings based on quantum mechanics, blah, blah, blah. Doesn't the result bother you? How is it that in all normal games except yours (and yours up to version 1.41) Logitech wheels work perfectly? Why on my "old wretched" steering wheel I feel every drift, every stone in Asseto Corsa Competizione, I don’t feel the dead zone and other strange moments like in ETS 2 1.42? Why are you trying to convince players that they are idiots instead of solving the problem and, at least for the first time, returning the ability to expose the old global FFB settings. I will never believe you that this is impossible. At 1.41, for example, if I wanted to, I could connect a plug-in from Supric, or I could disconnect it, and the difference in control was colossal.

@Truckdrivr sorry, but I do not want to continue the dialogue with you, because you do not understand what you are writing about.
Truckdrivr

#40 Post by Truckdrivr » 21 Oct 2021 18:26

AlexTradeaux36 wrote: 21 Oct 2021 18:12 returning the ability to expose the old global FFB settings. I will never believe you that this is impossible. At 1.41, for example, if I wanted to, I could connect a plug-in from Supric, or I could disconnect it, and the difference in control was colossal.
mate, SCS has already given you the solution, you just refuse to use it.
again from SCS blogpost FFB FAQ: https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/10/force- ... k-faq.html

I don't like the new FFB, how can I get my old FFB back?

Since the old centering was a simple spring effect, you can always turn down the Low-speed centering, High-speed centering, and Internal Friction to zero and enable spring centering in your wheel's hardware profile settings. That will give you a similar FFB sensation as in older game releases.
See you on the road 8-)

Return to “Bugs 1.42”