Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

faruk54

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

#11 Post by faruk54 » 08 Oct 2021 12:47

I also have DFGT and have been using it for about 10 years. There have been no problems until today. With 1.42 beta, all my settings are broken and I'm having the same problems as the friend who opened this topic. No way the problem is fixed. I had to revert to the 1.41 full version.
I've tried all suggested settings (including SCS's last blog post) but the problem persists.
Is it too hard for SCS to add a button or tick like "Restore or resume pre1.42 steering wheel FFB settings"?
this is to fool the players. Your update is absolutely evil for Logitech wheels.
Madkine
Global moderator

#12 Post by Madkine » 08 Oct 2021 12:54

No it's not possible to have something like that. The code has been completely re-written and it's not possible to maintain two sets of FFB code at once.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
21RUS [RC]

#13 Post by 21RUS [RC] » 08 Oct 2021 14:38

https://youtu.be/-eeRtOXJwbc
New video, I'm sorry the microphone was a little noisy.
Why not abandon the new settings, because it caused a lot of problems. Or make it so that there are two options, the new and the old.
The most important problem is when the steering wheel is in the center. Even holding the steering wheel by force does not help, it turns. When the steering wheel is affected by the turning force, such moments as rocking are not noticed. Why are three items still not available in the settings ?

Новое видео , прощу прощения немного шумел микрофон.
Почему бы не отказаться от новых настроек, это ведь очень многим доставило проблем. Либо сделайте чтоб было два варианта, новый и старый.
Самая главная проблема когда руль находится в центре. Не помогает даже удержание руля силой, его вертит. Когда на руль воздействует поворотная сила , то таких моментов как раскачивание не замечается. Почему в настройках по прежнему не доступны три пункта ?
Harven
Global moderator

#14 Post by Harven » 08 Oct 2021 18:01

Thanks for the video. These three disabled sliders become enabled when you're using a gamepad as your steering device - they control vibrations of the gamepad.
Can you do another test? This time create a new clean profile with all mods disabled and default ffb settings. Let us know if the problem is still there and attach the current game log, please. If you're using mods it could be that one of them modifies your truck in a way that it changes the physics of the cab or maybe one of the mods simply just modifies the physics def file. Since the FFB is now based on the physics simulation that could be the case.
21RUS [RC]

#15 Post by 21RUS [RC] » 08 Oct 2021 18:27

Harven wrote: 08 Oct 2021 18:01 Thanks for the video. These three disabled sliders become enabled when you're using a gamepad as your steering device - they control vibrations of the gamepad.
Can you do another test? This time create a new clean profile with all mods disabled and default ffb settings. Let us know if the problem is still there and attach the current game log, please. If you're using mods it could be that one of them modifies your truck in a way that it changes the physics of the cab or maybe one of the mods simply just modifies the physics def file. Since the FFB is now based on the physics simulation that could be the case.
he created this profile new to record videos for you. there is not a single mod, and not a single cargo has been delivered yet. still need to create a new profile ?

данный профиль он новый, создавал чтоб записывать видео для вас. там нет ни единого мода, и ни единого груза еще не довезли. все равно требуется создать новый профиль ?
Harven
Global moderator

#16 Post by Harven » 08 Oct 2021 18:54

Ok, no need to do that again. Just attach a game log when driving on that new profile, please.
Brian Benton

#17 Post by Brian Benton » 09 Oct 2021 13:23

@Harven, I think that creating a new topic with my report will not affect anything. Therefore, in support of other players and owners of Logitech Driving Force GT wheels, I would like to provide you with information from my side here (carefully, translator). I understand that it's easier for you to close your eyes to the problem and answer everyone that everything works fine in our studio, and you (the players with complaints) have invented everything for yourself, your video is fake, your equipment is not working properly, and so on. I still do not lose hope, I will try my luck. I am recording the third video report. In the first two videos (discussion thread 1.42), you could see a distinct difference between version 1.41.x and 1.42.x. If at 1.41 the steering wheel worked perfectly, did not play, did not dangle, the feedback was rigid and minimized where it was needed, then I can conclude that my steering wheel is completely operational (tested in other games as well). I also personally serviced the steering wheel in order to exclude unnecessary factors causing the problem. Replaced lubricant, eliminated gear backlash by 100%.
As you can see, your proposal to create a new profile was not crowned with success, so I decided not to do nonsense, but to conduct tests on my only profile, which has never seen fashion (except for the Kögel trailer from Steam Workshop and the edited climate / nice file. which has nothing to do with your broken studio FFB ...).

In the video, you can clearly observe that the steering wheel in the center has a void and a "step" that you have to overcome each time. The steering wheel dangles in the center without FFB, as if the car is in an uncontrollable skid and the wheels are off the ground. The "step" is visible to the naked eye. The steering wheel seems to jump over some kind of obstacle, and after the FFB in the center position (a few degrees to the left and right) it is switched off again.
You can also see that when I release the steering wheel after pulling it a dozen degrees to the right or left of the center position, while returning back to the center position, the steering wheel makes a "wiggle" from side to side each time. It seems that this is the very "step". But besides "wiggling" the steering wheel tries to start shaking in the center every time, as you could see from user @21RUS [RC]. For this player, I suppose, this is due to the stock state of the steering wheel, in which there is a technological backlash in the gears from the factory. My steering wheel is devoid of such a problem, since the revision was made on the displacement of the engine axis closer to the gearbox, than I completely eliminated the possible backlash. Therefore, we also exclude the problem of backlash. A purely software problem remains.

Changing the settings does not affect anything. Logitech profile settings are set by default. Yes, I tried to tune everything sequentially behind the scenes - the result is zero. I was only able to just turn off the FFB and change the overall hardness. I consistently removed all the sliders in the game in order to identify the culprit, but the emptiness in the center accompanied me all the time. Only the complete disabling of the FFB helped, but this is nonsense ...

Next, I tried the most interesting. I have increased the strength of the FFB in the game (first slider). As a result, lo and behold, my steering wheel began to wiggle from side to side by itself with a vengeance! Now draw conclusions, what could be the problem. Because of this "simulated dog tail wagging" in the center of the rudder 100% of the time there is play and the FFB is disabled, as the rudder simulates an uncontrollable skid or something like that ...

At this point, I have given up completely on FFB in your game. It's good that at least this function was not removed ... I'd rather play in this situation with a uniformly stiff steering wheel due to the resistance of the gears than with your super-tech settings for backlash simulation. I hope that my information will be useful, if, of course, SCS plans to fix anything at all for owners of the Logitech Driving Force GT (and not only).
game.log.txt
(61.77 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
21RUS [RC]

#18 Post by 21RUS [RC] » 09 Oct 2021 15:13

Harven wrote: 08 Oct 2021 18:54 Ok, no need to do that again. Just attach a game log when driving on that new profile, please.
game.log.txt
(53.94 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Правда, зачем трогать, что так хорошо работало? и не вызывало ни каких вопросов у пользователей. зачем менять надежную систему
Really, why touch something that worked so well? and it did not cause any questions from users. why change a reliable system
Harven
Global moderator

#19 Post by Harven » 09 Oct 2021 20:20

Thanks for that game log - I will forward it to devs.

It wasn't working well for everyone. There were issues with Thrustmaster wheels - viewtopic.php?f=277&t=296503
Emre 58

#20 Post by Emre 58 » 12 Oct 2021 19:58

I am also a DFGT user and I am having the same problem. I hope that the scs team will solve this problem as soon as possible and will not upset us. Even if they can't solve this problem, they will show us a correct DFGT setting at the very least.
Last edited by Emre 58 on 12 Oct 2021 20:01, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bugs 1.42”