Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

vader75

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

#51 Post by vader75 » 22 Oct 2021 21:59

Truckdrivr wrote: 22 Oct 2021 13:33 @vader75 i have my self logitech G27 for 7 years before i got a new wheel, and logitech wheels are know for their looseness/bland FFB, its a budget wheel, i has really no good FFB because it consist of one big plastic gear, its gets worn over time too making it perform worse over time. this is known to occur with Logitech wheels, my own G27 included, after 7 years it was worn down. Dont expect premium experience with budget asset.
the solution from SCS is perfectly reasonable, its only because you dont like it you think its silly.
I am not sure about being worn out. I base my understanding on all other users experience which aligns with mine.

You could be correct in terms of experience not being the priority for cheaper models out there.

The issue is, based on my own experience, the wheel is not working well in the centre, given that it gets a bit loose at higher speed and jerks around. This detracts from experience.

I would like to have this confirmed by SCS, and if they can run the list of now “unsupported” wheels, with less than optimal experience, that is ok, and exact expectations when 1.4.2 is released.

We could then also say that direct drive wheels are maybe the best option, given that the code is now more realistic and affects the belt driven drives that suffer centre issue etc…

I don’t have statistics, but there would be significant population of Logitech wheel users.

I appreciate the opinions, but my experience is that now the enjoyment using a Logitech wheel in beta is not optimal, at best mediocre. I understand beta is there to test out the issues, so I am providing my experience and feedback.

As per others suggestions, resetting to defaults does not change the outcome, in my case.
Madkine
Global moderator

#52 Post by Madkine » 22 Oct 2021 22:07

@vader75
1. There are no unsupported wheels
2. The beta is over and 1.42 has been released
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
21RUS [RC]

#53 Post by 21RUS [RC] » 23 Oct 2021 01:23

Quote removed - Don't quote images/code boxes - Rule 2.3

https://youtu.be/Jx95ITcH8Sk this is a pure client
alas, it does not help.
gandalf7472000

#54 Post by gandalf7472000 » 23 Oct 2021 06:53

Hi @SiSL

I have the a G25 and I have the strange wobble effect others have. The setting you suggested have no effect for me.

Taking in to account what you wrote about physics mods "I don't use any" and that the new system is based on truck physics, I did a little experiment. I play with all the physics sliders all the way to the left " which is described as the best setting for realism for wheel users. I put the suspension slider all the way to the right "stiffest suspension" and the problem just gone, no wobbling.

Maybe my observation can help solve the problem we Logitech wheels?

For now I have to choose, soft suspension with wobble or hard suspension with no wobble.
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
SiSL
SCS Software

#55 Post by SiSL » 23 Oct 2021 09:10

gandalf7472000 wrote: 23 Oct 2021 06:53 I play with all the physics sliders all the way to the left " which is described as the best setting for realism for wheel users
That might be your issue here. I am not sure who actually said "Best setting for realism for wheel users" but I don't remember such thing. Trying physic settings to defaults might also help there.

As I said on previous note, "Physics" do effect wheel now. You should not be getting "wobbling" on low speeds, but high speed where your truck and trailer swing with the road and physical powers applied to truck, also forces steering wheel as well. So this is kind of intended.

Btw, we are still trying to create situations that is unintended and reported.
Madkine
Global moderator

#56 Post by Madkine » 23 Oct 2021 09:53

@SiSL I'm fairly sure Max said it in the beta thread when the sliders were introduced.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

gandalf7472000

#57 Post by gandalf7472000 » 23 Oct 2021 14:19

Yes it was mentioned by Max in the beta thread and confirmed by him and Oscar i think on several occasions.

All I ask is word pass in the scs team working on the ffb and check it out and maybe find a solution
There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand the world. There is no such thing as a dumb question.

Carl Sagan
faruk54

#58 Post by faruk54 » 23 Oct 2021 17:40

21RUS [RC] wrote: 21 Oct 2021 18:40
Andre_AW wrote: 21 Oct 2021 17:10 Could you please clarify what you think is bad?

try to demonstrate the problem by driving normally and not forcing the game physics
https://youtu.be/e9I00at8Lhk

Uploaded the video.
I am not satisfied with the centering of the steering wheel, when the steering wheel is in the center, it arbitrarily begins to deviate to the left-vparvo. Even if you center the steering wheel and make an effort to keep it in the center, the feedback pushes it from side to side. If you lower the degree of feedback, then the steering wheel remains empty, there is no pleasure from this game. In early versions up to 1.42 everything worked fine. At the moment there is no sense of changes in management, it is the same as in 1.41. BUT with a big nuance - this is when the steering wheel is in the center and it starts to throw. I have a hope that you will fix everything. As an option, a suggestion from me; I want to be able to choose the settings as in 1.41. Fix the center of the steering wheel so that it does not twitch left-right
"As an option, a suggestion from me; I want to be able to choose the settings as in 1.41. Fix the center of the steering wheel so that it does not twitch left-right"

I am having all the problems in 21Rus. I have been a DFGt user for about 10 years and version 1.42 shakes the engine vibration on the steering wheel very strongly when the steering wheel is in the middle, the general pressure does not change no matter what you do.
The vehicles do not react at all when you hold the steering wheel in corners, you drive like you are holding a plate or a simple round object, and this is ridiculous.
As Logitech users, we would be very pleased if the advice given by 21Rus is provided.
Because there is no game pleasure left in the players. I hope SCS does not ignore such problems and brings a feature such as continuing the settings in 1.41.
Madkine
Global moderator

#59 Post by Madkine » 23 Oct 2021 22:21

@faruk54 Have you tried moving the truck physics suspension slider to the right?
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

Turd Ferguson

#60 Post by Turd Ferguson » 24 Oct 2021 07:55

Disabling in game FFB then unticking "allow game to make changes in the the Logitech profiler has got the wheel to feel pretty much, if not exactly as it was in 1.41 for me.
Oh hell, let's go nuts. Swords for forty eight thousand

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/profile/401

Return to “Bugs 1.42”