Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

21RUS [RC]

Re: Logitech Driving Force GT. strongly rules by itself

#41 Post by 21RUS [RC] » 21 Oct 2021 18:40

Andre_AW wrote: 21 Oct 2021 17:10 Could you please clarify what you think is bad?

try to demonstrate the problem by driving normally and not forcing the game physics
https://youtu.be/e9I00at8Lhk

Uploaded the video.
I am not satisfied with the centering of the steering wheel, when the steering wheel is in the center, it arbitrarily begins to deviate to the left-vparvo. Even if you center the steering wheel and make an effort to keep it in the center, the feedback pushes it from side to side. If you lower the degree of feedback, then the steering wheel remains empty, there is no pleasure from this game. In early versions up to 1.42 everything worked fine. At the moment there is no sense of changes in management, it is the same as in 1.41. BUT with a big nuance - this is when the steering wheel is in the center and it starts to throw. I have a hope that you will fix everything. As an option, a suggestion from me; I want to be able to choose the settings as in 1.41. Fix the center of the steering wheel so that it does not twitch left-right
Space_Night

#42 Post by Space_Night » 21 Oct 2021 20:55

after some playing around I came to these settings.
feels better, less clunky but there needs to be some fine tuning at the SCS end.
[ external image ]
vader75

#43 Post by vader75 » 21 Oct 2021 22:58

Truckdrivr wrote: 21 Oct 2021 18:26
AlexTradeaux36 wrote: 21 Oct 2021 18:12 returning the ability to expose the old global FFB settings. I will never believe you that this is impossible. At 1.41, for example, if I wanted to, I could connect a plug-in from Supric, or I could disconnect it, and the difference in control was colossal.
mate, SCS has already given you the solution, you just refuse to use it.
again from SCS blogpost FFB FAQ: https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/10/force- ... k-faq.html

I don't like the new FFB, how can I get my old FFB back?

Since the old centering was a simple spring effect, you can always turn down the Low-speed centering, High-speed centering, and Internal Friction to zero and enable spring centering in your wheel's hardware profile settings. That will give you a similar FFB sensation as in older game releases.
The advice/solution to turn off or minimise FFB is silly at best.

The FFB at higher speeds in the middle of Logitech wheel stop working (wheel becomes loose). The behaviour is erratic, and if multiple people have the issue it is highly unlikely it is failure of wheels.

Its not about opinions, its about difference in behaviour and ability to confirm if this is normal.

If it is, then ok, we can be informed that this is expected outcome, and base our action around this.

So we need facts and confirmation by SCS testing the Logitech wheels, not speculation and extracting advice to fit the adverse attitude.
Spooky'

#44 Post by Spooky' » 22 Oct 2021 12:44

Hey guys, I have the same problems with my DFGT which was works perfectly fine with 1.41, but with new update my wheel keeps low vibrating while I'm going straight. It isn't shaking or something, but I feel one by one single strokes from the wheel, as if road wasn't flat. Tried everything to figure it out how to fix it, but there's no solution for me no matter what I change in settings.

Solution for me is to turn off the FFB complety in game and back to settings only from Logitech Profiler which I used in 1.41 and previous.
[ external image ]
and the worst part is before it gets any better we're headed for a cliff
and in the free fall i will realize i'm better off when i hit the bottom
Truckdrivr

#45 Post by Truckdrivr » 22 Oct 2021 13:33

@vader75 i have my self logitech G27 for 7 years before i got a new wheel, and logitech wheels are know for their looseness/bland FFB, its a budget wheel, i has really no good FFB because it consist of one big plastic gear, its gets worn over time too making it perform worse over time. this is known to occur with Logitech wheels, my own G27 included, after 7 years it was worn down. Dont expect premium experience with budget asset.
the solution from SCS is perfectly reasonable, its only because you dont like it you think its silly.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
GoingDutch

#46 Post by GoingDutch » 22 Oct 2021 13:41

Logitec wheels, including my G923 with shifter, total about 360 EUR (420 USD) a budget wheel. Okay... Reason enough I should not expect too much.
Truckdrivr

#47 Post by Truckdrivr » 22 Oct 2021 13:53

its is a budget wheel, maybe not on the price tag, but thats just Logitech doing good marketing/business, high price dosent equal high quality in the case of Logitech wheels.
Convoy nametag: Truckdrivr
See you on the road 8-)

My screenshot thread: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=302557
SiSL
SCS Software

#48 Post by SiSL » 22 Oct 2021 14:28

First , you need to understand this is not 1.41 Force Feedback, so don't assume 1.41 was "right". This is based on all calculations based on data.

Second, do you have any physicss mods? Remove them... They might be overdriving physics calculations.

Third: Defaults does not mean sliders in middle. So Just reset to defaults.

And That's how it works for my Logitech DFGT:

[ external image ]

And most importantly:

[ external image ]
SabR

#49 Post by SabR » 22 Oct 2021 15:11

@AlexTradeaux36 dial your frustration down & try to see SiSL here is trying to help folks with DFGT wheels. Words like yours is not going to help neither you nor other DFGT users.

Comparing the settings in your last video to what SiSL has posted, you have not enabled "Centering Spring in FFB enabled games" in the Logitech program & clearly you have not reset ingame FFB settings to default.
Do those & lets take it from there.

I request all DFGT wheel users to follow what SiSL has posted & then present your opinions/complaints.

As SiSL said, PHYSICS mods does affect overall ffb, so test on vanilla profile too just to be sure you report correct behaviour/misbehaviour of the wheel.
Last edited by SabR on 22 Oct 2021 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
natvander
SCS Software

#50 Post by natvander » 22 Oct 2021 20:28

Also, is anyone using the Logitech FFB plugin with 1.42? Given that it was created some time ago for the old FFB system, who knows how it affects FFB performance with the new system.

I would strongly recommend removing the plug-in if you still have it in 1.42.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Return to “Bugs 1.42”