Convoy jobs missing info [and other bugs I noticed]

jimmio92

Convoy jobs missing info [and other bugs I noticed]

#1 Post by jimmio92 » 28 Oct 2021 05:28

Hello,

I've been playing Convoy on a fresh start profile with my fiance and we're really enjoying it, but there's multiple bugs that stand in the way of a perfect experience, most of which are likely due to the multiplayer, but potentially not all.

1) We can accept each other's jobs a good 80% of the time, and drive together. The other times, I cannot accept her job. We have the same skills. She has the heavy loads DLC, and I do not. I figured the heavy loads DLC would have an icon on the job but it just showed on hers as a standard job. A way to determine which jobs come from which DLC is absolutely needed because this is beyond frustrating in a game that at times is already frustrating due to bugs/traffic challenges/pacing.

2) The known "hiccup" lag where it stops accepting input while it shoves me into a single traffic cone that then throws me to the right k-rail and causes my otherwise perfect truck to have instant 45% damage -OR- flip completely upside down needs solved. I'm sure it's some kind of syncing/loading issue, as it seems timed with harddrive activity light (at least sometimes, anyway).

3) The weather does not sync well at all. I'm sure this is also known. I was sliding around like an imbecile while my better half was getting work done in the same town.

4) Headlights sometimes stop displaying in world (no light cone shows up on the ground), sometimes high beams work while standard don't. Seems totally random and reproducing it is likely a challenge.

5) The distance between speed limit signs is entirely too close, and the signs are nearly impossible to make out, leading me to have to disable traffic laws. It's super annoying to just touch a 50kph zone at 80kph, have the GPS update to tell me I'm speeding, be applying full brake, and still get a speeding ticket. I'm not sure what can be done about the visibility problem.. my best suggestion would be to add a slight emissive light/HDR/bloom on the speed signs (like the retroreflective coatings on them would do (sorta) IRL anyway), and maybe make them slightly larger? Of course this isn't my game to fix/tweak, but I'd definitely experiment in this area if I had the chance. I enjoy following the laws, but not when I get busted 4 times simply entering/exiting a city.

6) Traffic AI has definitely gotten worse, but I think this is actually a good thing. Drivers in the real world are inattentive idiots 80% of the time, and they actually feel like it in-game now. AI not understanding how to merge and causing a 5 car pileup is so realistic it's scary... but since the game world is not to scale, it seems to make everything be a soiled-shorts moment, and a sharp turn and full brake ends your journey and the tiny money-winning-streak you had going prior to. Maybe this is the intended "charm" to the game, but it's a bit maddening to be honest. A lot of this could be solved by removing guard rails that are super densely littered along every single road and giving a place to ditch in an emergency, even if it sends me into the air and I become Star Fox, doing barrel rolls in the process. I am not familiar with European highways, but in America, there's almost always a route to take in the event of a crazy situation that will be safer than whatever the hazard is. Somebody's lawn costs a lot less than a human life, you know? I realize simulation constraints are a thing, but personally, I'd rather have a nearly barren world that was to scale than a densely populated pretty world that has impossible turns and impossible speed zones. I realize this would require rebalancing the physics of everything as vehicles would have to go faster, but... best suggestion from the outside looking in.

Thanks for reading this far. I'd love the opportunity to help make this fantastic game better, and I am an autodidact who taught himself systems programming should you have an opening or be willing to accept a remote intern (east coast USA).
Madkine
Global moderator

Re: Convoy jobs missing info [and other bugs I noticed]

#2 Post by Madkine » 28 Oct 2021 07:52

For future reference, here is bug reporting process.

It's best to report one bug per post so things don't get missed.

Now onto your list.

1. Not a bug, this is a feature request and should be posted in the feature request/wishlist forum.
2. This could be your PC configuration or a bug. Your log files are absolutely required to have any chance at looking at this one.
3. Bug and as you stated I believe it's known.
4. Haven't seen that reported before, again requires log files as a starting point.
5. Not a bug. Game scale is 1:20. It is actually possible to read the signs before you get to them unless you have your graphics settings set low. The zoom key is also your friend here.
Like the real world you are expected to anticipate. If there are signs that are really too close together, report them individually with full map references so that they can be looked at.
In some instances they are an exact replication of a real world set up.
6. Yeah we'd all like to see improvements in the AI.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Vojtech Hladík
SCS Software

#3 Post by Vojtech Hladík » 02 Nov 2021 07:32

jimmio92 wrote: 28 Oct 2021 05:28
3) The weather does not sync well at all. I'm sure this is also known. I was sliding around like an imbecile while my better half was getting work done in the same town.
Could you please check that you both have timezones disabled or enabled? Different settings does cause this issue in 1.42.
jimmio92

#4 Post by jimmio92 » 06 Nov 2021 03:38

Sorry for the delay in reply; thanks for getting back to me and not flaming me out of existence for blatantly ignoring the bug reporting rules. I was not paying any attention after driving for many many hours... now I see why there are driving time restrictions in the real world, hahaha.
Vojtech Hladík wrote: 02 Nov 2021 07:32
jimmio92 wrote: 28 Oct 2021 05:28
Could you please check that you both have timezones disabled or enabled? Different settings does cause this issue in 1.42.
I did confirm we both have identical settings other than me running with a G29 wheel and her with a wired Xbox 360 controller. We've had a few times the weather was perfectly synced, but sometimes it goes out. It also seems like time is not synced from the host; maybe herein lies the problem? (I tested with the developer console and moving time ahead an hour doesn't sync). Thanks for the info; I'll try setting us to use timezones instead of disabled and see how that goes.
Madkine wrote: 28 Oct 2021 07:52 For future reference, here is bug reporting process.

It's best to report one bug per post so things don't get missed.
My apologies for not following the bug reporting rules. I felt the need to get them all out in one place after a 12+ hour driving experience so I just quick jotted my thoughts down. I'll do better in the future. Thanks for setting me straight.

Return to “Bugs 1.42”